Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah. That has been irritating me for a while as well. The man is in a country under invasion. Let it go.

There is a constant need in this country to be told how good we are. We are the labrador of the UN

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I get a breakfast roll once a week and today was that day. I stopped in the shop and asked for it but they had no egg :(

Why would anyone want a breakfast roll with no egg? I left empty handed and am hungry and annoyed now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I found my house keys! They were in the box I keep all the dog's poo bags, shampoo etc. in. Absolutely no fcuking idea what possessed me to fire them in there!

Today's TA: it's my last week in my current job and I'm going to have to spend it cleaning up a sh*t-show of epic proportions caused by our digital agency on Friday. It genuinely ruined my entire weekend and it's not going anywhere any time soon. Whyyyyyyyy couldn't it have just waited a week???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I go to the same place anytime I want a roll, they cook the food and rolls at the same time every day. I go in a few minutes afterwards so I've my pick of anything at the deli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,301 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A family member who I’m trying to do a favour for as they asked and save them about two hours out of their day… but their mobile is off and they are not at home…

This was at 8am. The breakfast troughs were full. They either forgot to do eggs or couldn't be bothered

And 5 minutes ago, my phone rings… “ any luck with ? “

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

For the second time in a week, I was overtaken by the same cyclist at the same point of the road on the way to work. Maybe part of the annoyance was because of male pride being hurt, due to it being a girl, but I'm not as fit as I should be and she was half my age.

The real annoying thing is that both times, she slowed down as soon as she overtook me, meaning that I had to slow down! I had just finished an uphill stretch while she came from one of the non-hilly roads so just as I was about to speed up, she pounced. And this morning, she was still so close to me (after going in front) when she indicated to turn left off the main road, a motorist following may have thought I was with her and was about to turn too. It's also a turn that motorists like to turn into without indicating.

Anyway, Little Miss 'Stay Safe' Hi-Viz won't be allowed to barely pass me anymore. 😈

That makes it even worse, that would definitely be a strike against them. You can't disregard eggs for breakfast rolls just like that

• Advertisement

To show them my displeasure I got my lunch in Dunnes. That'll teach them to mess with me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Feeling weird today. Tired, lethargic, aching all over. Tested negative, but feel very off.

Head says gym tonight but body says …’bed and Netflix are better’… I’m tempted to go with body.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Instagram. I don’t use it very often but when I do any video that seems curious due to no context being provided.

Obviously, I check the comments to see if there’s anything in there. After trawling through the hundreds of foreign language posts, the emoticons and people “tagging” others I’ll finally see one that says ‘What’s happening?’.

That’s all bad enough but to find out the explanation within that comment there will be 76 other “sub-comments” that are of no help. But the worst part is that the comments are sorted from newest to oldest and you can only get through them in 3s so it takes forever to get there.

Not sure why I still bother as the explanation is rarely of interest.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shoulder strap always snagging on my watch when trying to take my bag off my back

Ahhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Irish people really only consider neutrality in terms of da brits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Another staff forum where the managers harp on about how wonderful being in the office is and how they all can't wait to get back in there.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkk offffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Orange juice with bits when you're expecting smooth...didn't notice I bought it until I drank it 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Amazon tells us yesterday that Royal Mail have lost our new steam mop and gave us a refund.

I order a new steam mop this morning from Argos so I can get it today.

Royal Mail turns up at the door with the steam mop from Amazon an hour later.

Now I have 2 steam mops. Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Over the lockdown the job updated its email formatting, its added a thumbs up symbol, which is handy to end a conversation politely.

Yesterday I send the guru a questions(a variation on one from the week previous) which asked if x was part of y or not, guru responded with the thumbs up symbol.

TA I go to the trouble to check that I'm doing things properly and I get an impossible to decipher response.😡😡

If I do what I think is right and its wrong, somehow I will be wrong.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The person who is filling in for my study leave's, had to go on medication after she had her baby, she started to put on weight as a side effect of the meds and is constantly unset as ppl make comments about her not having lost the baby weight!

This morning she went to look at the gym downstairs in the building thinking that she wouldn't be able to wiggle out of it as she's just a few floors over it, she did the questionnaire with the trainer and they didn't understand her medical condition and lectured her about her eating habits, she is really really unset.

Not TA'ed, raging that a trainer has no idea of a common post birth condition and how the medication works! don't even get me started on the eat better=weight loss trope.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Those stupid ads that come on while you're watching a video on youtube that have a robotic voice and are trying to sell you crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I bought 2 lots of three small tins of John West tuna . Never had an issue before but now all of a sudden I pull the ring to lift the lid and the ring breaks off. Left with a tin of tuna with no way to get the lid off except prising it with a knife and trying to force it open

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Three cheers for Mollyb60. My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

House is gone sale agreed 😔

Me having to be a regular contributor here 🤪

on way back from shopping at Woodies, could not find the resolve to cook… so McDonald’s drive-through fûck it.. large Big Mac meal ordered.. same as always.. On going around the corner the first window where you pay is a jolly conversation between employee and customer so they obviously know each other, after me waiting impatiently behind about three minutes of chatting the car pulls away, then stops, reverses, something ’amusing’ is said once again and they pull away, odd. I pay for my order with her at the till still in giggly dreamland paying no attention and not a word is exchanged to confirm the order or acknowledge my custom or indeed presence there……

Until, wrong change, I point it out it’s corrected

get home, find out it’s the wrong fûcking order, all be it substantially more food !?!?… two double quarter pounders, two medium fries, one drink… 🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe the giggler ahead of you paid for the rest as a way to apologise?

• Advertisement

Nah, there were no McFlurry, she owed me a couple of those at least 🤪

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement