Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have a sister that is always late to the extent that if we arrange a family get together we tell her the start time is an hour earlier than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

In my experience, it's milk from Lidl that normally goes off quickest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Question: how do you fit 900lts of kerosene in a tank with a capacity of 909 lts, that has at least 50 lts left and that after having been filled has a handspan's worth of room left? No, it's not leaking.

Methinks I'z been had.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Recorded last night's episode of Narcos on TG4 and by God, whomever did the subtitles need to be shot. About 30 seconds to 2 minutes out of sync (had to even watch some ads as they had some of the subtitles flowing on to them) and in very poor english.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I suffered through the same....we have virgin media linked through the tablet that's set for subtitles for every programme and exact same. The "manual subtitles" didn't even make an appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Cling film that doesn't cling

• Registered Users Posts: 25,300 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the good and bad…

I was in a seriously nice pub this evening for dinner… one I hadn’t been to since pre pandemic… got a burger that must have been a three quarter pounder, loaded with toppings plus loads of sides, only 14 euros…. Nice ambience, sublime views over the coast, genuinely lovely attentive staff..

annoying thing was ordering a Diet Coke, and being brought one of those minuscule 330 ml mini glass bottles that people used to be given up to about 10 years ago with a short…. We just ordered two substantive meals with drinks, why we’d want a miniature coke each as our drink and pay 3.10 for that privilege…. No, our local and other fave pub charge 2.80 and you get the 500 ml you get in the shop….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I might have been a bit hasty on that. On closer inspection all apart from 3 do have a badge displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i hate to make your TA worse but those pub bottles are 200ml not 330ml. they are ridiculously tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Local supermarket has entrance and exit doors, just feet from each other. Found some woman attempting get in the wrong door, trying to prise the Exit doors apart with her fingers.

"The way in is over there".

"Yeah I know".

Gowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Skid marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sh1theels who leave laughing emojis on social media when people are killed in Ukraine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Revenues inconsistency. They write legislation and then ignore it when it suits them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

A draft of a reply I'd started from gawd knows when. WTF

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Home phoneline is dead. The only way to contact eir these days to report that is by phone . Calling on mobile, there's a recorded message (at 11:50 on a regular Friday morning) - "Due to essential staff training, our call centre is currently closed".

Basically a PFO. Off to Comreg I go.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

People with full trollies who ignore the person behind them with one or two items!!

People who wait until all their shopping is through and they're in the middle of packing, when they decide to go rummaging in the bottom of their bag for their purse to pay.... you know its not free have your payment ready to go.

Pri*ks who bang their shopping trollies off cars, I've a nice dint in the side of my car courtesy of a tesco's car park.

Ohhh and people who put their children's bad behaviour down to ADHD or some other self diagnosed condition, would you ever piss off!! Seems there's no such thing as a bold child nowadays, every little fu*ker seems to have a "condition"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Jut to add to that, people after all that want their lotto tickets checked (usually about 10) and then want several varying scratch cards).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Week 3 of house viewings. Things are at least starting to move in the right direction but my god I am mentally exhausted from shuttling cats in and out of the house and trying to keep the place tidy. I pity anyone with an obsessive compulsion to clean.

We're over in the in-laws house for the afternoon whilst there are viewings at ours and cat 1 had finally started to relax when my MIL said something the next room over. Cat 1 has now wedged herself in the tiniest spot behind the sofa. It's gonna be a nightmare getting her out of there when we have to go back home.

This new house better be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

'informationonly.com needs consent to keep your data for...' Really? I literally want to look at your site for twenty seconds for some information, not interact at all, never come back again, but you want to make me go through hoops to disable cookies? I'll get the info somewhere else later.....

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA'd that I have to work on Friday afternoons. There's more life in a morgue than in here right now.

I'm on reception so I can't work from home :(

Went to bed feeling tired dot com

woke up this morning as if hit by a bus almost like jet lag x1000… a weird ticklish cough, watery eyes and runny nose…

after shower and some food I’m feeling better, good in fact but I need a covid antigen test with these symptoms…

opened the drawer and ohhh I forgot…post vaccination the tests were reappropriated by someone who has a relative working with a homeless charity and therefore “they could do with them” … More so then I / we could .. apparently..the charity makes $$$$$$$$ a year so they couldn’t just buy 1000 tests and have them there ? Nope …

in their effort to sort everyone out I’m left in covid limbo land… Nearest pharmacy is about 15-20 walk away, storm rages outside haven’t got the car and ughhhhh…. p.e.o.p.l.e are really a gigantic pain in the fûckin hole sometimes….

Thereafter gap in my house soffit and 2 birds flew out. Something like these

The Grackle I reckon. I've clogged it now but there's probably an egg there getting cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Witnessed some astonishing ignorance on my way home from work.

A woman in an expensive car (with a common joke associated with its type of driver) parked BETWEEN two petrol pumps stuffing her face with some food. She was parked in such a way where it was both impossible for anyone to use a pump either side of her or to pass her as its a tight enough forecourt at the best of times.

And to make matters worse, when she was finished she rolled down the window and started chatting to another fella for a few mins. Completely unaware of the Friday afternoon rush and too ignorant to care.

That sort of thing is increasingly prevalent in society…

I’m still baffled by the girl in the McDonalds drive through Q after spending 3 min talking to her mate working the till with cars behind, pulling off but reversing again to share some more conversation with about 5 cars waiting, impatiently to pay and collect food.

Two ice creams at the local garage €6.35!!!!

WTF.... Money is going to be worth nothing soon the way things are going 😰

I'm tired of being tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Unable to set my alternate voicemail greeting on my work phone (the one that tells people "I am on leave until x" and doesn't allow them leave a message.

Recorded it and activated it numerous times but any time I test it, the voicemail greeting that I get is the regular one with the option to leave a message.

Rang Vodafone who have done resets etc and can't fix it.

Frustrating start to my break.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement