Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Tired of trying to find an online Cadbury/and small Easter egg firm who use An Post for delivery; dpd etc do not deliver offshore. Sometimes they claim they do to get the trade then they dump anywhere.... nb housebound hence the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Could you order one from wherever you get your groceries? All the supermarkets have eggs at the moment.

My daughter vomiting all over her bed. Poor thing. Not TA just hate seeing her sick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I put behaviour like this down partly to stupidity, and partly to the fact that some people are incapable of realising that the world does not revolve around them, and that there actually are other people in the world around them. Shock horror.

On the blocking the pumps thing, I went into a garage shop one day and asked if the owner of car reg whatever it was, parked between pumps, could please move. They were causing complete chaos on a very busy forecourt, a fuel tanker driver was trying to get in, and I, among others, couldn't actually get out. The yoke who owned it was inside having lunch 😡 she stood up very slowly and made some passive agressive comment.

As it happened, things improved a bit before she bothered her arse getting out to move the car, and some of us managed to get out, and the tanker driver got in. She sure did not hurry to move.

It just beggars belief that anyone thinks parking at pumps - saw a guy doing it another day and again he was not even getting fuel 🙄 - is an intelligent thing to do.

Stupid and selfish, a winning combination.

And breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,300 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i have mislaid my favourite watch.

checked everywhere, car, pockets of every jacket, every room, window sill, under the bed, every shelf, behind my bookcases… nothing…

I was wearing it on the way back from dinner at the pub yesterday as I noticed the clock in the car was a few minutes slow when comparing it with my watch… haven’t been anywhere since..

about 190 euros to replace. Ughhh hope it turns up, looking unlikely..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

^ Did you check your wrist? 😂

I did, I also checked the cats wrist in case… which is strange, because I haven’t got a cat.

Strange indeed. Maybe you don’t have a watch either?

😂

• Advertisement

Is the world just gone unbelievably inefficient or is it just my bad luck… I’ve emailed two separate companies regarding the same straightforward enquiry… the first company the owner / operator of the service the second the vendor who in situ provide it for them. A straightforward, to the point, polite enquiry over three lines and a week later nothing…

the possible answers..

a) yes we do

b) no we don’t

c) we don’t but we can help by doing xyz…

instead … limbo land

naturally… their website is high on bull and bluster and Colgate sponsored photography featuring beaming clients and staff..

” a global leader of “

“ our vision is to be THE industry leader “

my vision was to have in a couple of days a very simple email responded to but….it just seems that they’ll be very happy to welcome my hundreds of euros but less then expeditious in answering questions.. that will help ME.

I wish I had the energy of my young fella in the mornings. 😴

• Registered Users Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People clogging up queues in understaffed busy filling stations looking for ice cream cones and Lotto that take a bloody eternity. All pumps should have a pay at pump option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Wanting to contact Complaints Department of Irish Ferries re a recent trip. You can only contact this department by email and they haven’t answered my email in over three weeks. Phoned them, its only sales by phone but I needed a response to my issue, and they tell me the only way you can get the complaints section is by email - and to complain about the complaints sections - you can only email the same section.

I can feel a trip to Small Claims Court might focus their minds to answering my emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nothing I hate more than a business website laden with image consultant fcukery, cliche buzzwords and Instagram pics but impossible to find a direct contact in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Have they a facebook or Twitter page?

Usually mentioning something on one of them gets a company to reply.

Makes it look to the public that they care more about their customers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That would require you to have a social media account or to open one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I got home from work yes, I went around the house trying to find items we don't use, in good enough condition to donate to Ukrainian refugees in Poland in this case.

I couldn't find a box so I put the items in a travel bag so they would be in one place and the tidy manic wouldn't put them in the bin or the like. Dog has been extra clingy and looks at me with his sad eyes when he thinks I can see him.

TA that he still thinks manipulating me like that is needed trivially sad that he thinks I will abandon him cause I put some clothes in a bag.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Easier than trying to get through on the phone though.

I'm not with Sky anymore but when I was and had a problem I'd just leave a comment on their Twitter saying I can't get through and they'd always call me.

Or ask someone with social media account for them to contact you.

Shur everyone on here has a social media account and can contact some businesses on here even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Online clothes ads where the designs are clearly photoshopped onto a stock image. Who actually buys that sh!t?

Also, the scabbiness of the toppings in my local pizza place. They do a deal that includes a 12" pizza with two toppings. I always ask for double extra cheese as my two toppings. Now I'm not sure if the staff just can't count or what, but that represents THREE portions of cheese in total: the one they'd be putting on the pizza anyway, plus the two extra ones. Why, then, were there *actual* bald spots on my pizza last night??? Not the first time either. I think it's time to accept that Firhouse is just destined not to be serviced by any half-decent pizza places, ever.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

woke up this morning still pissed off about the watch, so decided I’d get a like for like replacement and was given a sharp reminder that it was going to cost 290-320 to replace not 190, don’t know where I got that from…

Minutes later pulled out my gym bag, I hear something rattling, it couldn’t be ??? Yep….found it… Still have my watch… ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

If possible, go elsewhere.

Assuming you get sorted, then publicly criticise the two other companies on social media. You need to highlight their flakey non-response and draw an unfavourable comparison with the business that addresses your enquiries / provides a good service.

You might find that this will generate a mumbled & half-hearted apology from the original inefficient companies. You can tell them to go and f**k themselves.

Don't want to rerail thread but I'm confused about how everyone on here doesn't have an account?

I meant FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The number of companies here is very limited, so is the number of users (be they members or browsers only).

Unfortunately it’s a service provided at the airport so I’ve no choice…. But regardless of the situation in the aftermath I may depending on my mood hang them quite publicly.

🙈🙈🙈

And I meant every on here posting has a social media account (it being boards).

A few crossed wires but no harm done 👍

My point still stands though.

Given a choice of waiting 3 weeks and no reply v contacting them on social media and getting a reply within hours, I know which is less hassle for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Being burned twice now by Brexit charges, never had this **** before when sending birthday presents to family, Royal Mail demanding charges before my family can receive their gifts I may have to make the trip over the next time to present them their gifts as it may work out cheaper.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The number of zombie threads getting dragged back up.

Also, just plain nonsense and sh*tposting. It worries me that these people actually think they're funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement