Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Blatant dodgy advertising.

There is an advert on radio at present for one of the providers, who go out of their way to tell you the 4g you are getting is available to 99% of the country.

Then near the end comes the bombshell that you'll get max speed of 5meg.

So the advert says you are getting 4g, but in reality you get 3g speeds from a decade ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having to deal with a family get together today, only for its at my house I'd have gotten out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My tv keeps switching off for no apparent reason. Just switches off. There must be a timer/ setting on it. But I need to find the tv remote to change it , god knows where that is !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This is going to make no sence to most here but a TA for me for years.

Seen them done incorrectly in a music video today. A detail only someone with some undiagnosed disorder like me would notice 😄

The old style doors often seen in cottages or stables or sheds, made with tongue and groove or standard sawn boards, you might recognise them with the "z" style bracing on the back of them

The z bracing on the back of them must be ultimately like a z in reverse in relation to the hinges. Otherwise the door is made incorrectly. The weight of the outer edge of the door isn't supported if its not done this way. It's one of those odd things I spot here and there that gives me a twitch.

These ones are correct

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA is I think I've double ordered something from Amazon.

TWO replacement remotes? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Someone else probably has the remote and is playing tricks on you. Or else you are sitting on the remote and accidentally turning off the TV yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thought I was after getting food poisoning after a takeaway on Saturday.

About 2 hrs after eating it I started empty reaching, shivering, pains all over and my stomach and kidneys felt like they were going to explode.

Anyway it seems I've picked up a stomach bug.

I'm still in bed and haven't eaten since Saturday.

My stomach and kidneys still feel sore but the other symptoms have eased off.

A dirty enough virus 😰

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm genuinely annoyed with myself for how badly I'm taking this. Feeling thoroughly sad, sorry and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Having to work on Easter Monday when the weather has turned fine again.

That's what I first thought but apparently a load of people in the area have the same thing.

Still in bed and haven't eaten but thankfully has eased off a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I live in the countryside. There's a 100m drive into my house, and about the same into my neighbour's house, directly opposite.

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that whenever I go out to the road to tend to plants, or whatever, the neighbour's kids go inside immediately.

I'm not a weird nosy old bat, we're on nice neighbour terms, but not best friends or anything close to it.

It's bugging me, but perhaps it's all coincidence.

Would they all have bought food from the same takeaway?

Hope you feel better soon.

No, I know one person that definitely did not eat from there and got the bug Saturday morning

Thanks for the well wishes.

The pains are now more sporadic so improving anyway 👍

Post edited by blade1 on

Watching Lingo and shouting PAINT for my answer. It was PATCH. I'm getting worse at this game!

My TA today is brought to me by bananas that taste "floury".

• Advertisement

Stop holding your farts in and they'll get the message 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I often found short term relationships ending were harder to cope with than long term ones....it's not so much the relationship itself ending, it's all the lil hopes and plans you had going on in your head never reaching fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

YouTube's `skip 5 seconds` take 5 seconds to buffer, so I might as well watch what I wanted to skip instead of a spinner 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Spent an hour yesterday, preparing dinner for today.

The yogurt sauce that accompanies it requires Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon, cumin etc.. (that only takes a minute to mix together).

Just realised the Greek yogurt I used is Greek style with vanilla and coconut. 😫

It'll have to do. It'll either be sickeningly sweet and I won't be able to use it, or...

Agghhh... hopefully will get time to run to the shop and get another. That was the only Greek yogurt in the nearest store yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

When I was young, my mother always told me to avoid Mad Maggie. I'm sure it wasn't you but still...

Actually, I nearly have the opposite problem. I find it hard to do anything in the garden without one of my neighbours coming out, pretending to be friendly just to see what I'm doing and to tell me how to do it correctly. He's ever so helpful!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Automated protocols not adjusted for bank holidays, DST etc. Boils my piss, as if i didn't have enough to be thinking about at work 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yeah, I think this is exactly it, PC. I had a little conversation with myself yesterday about what exactly I'm finding so difficult: the loss of *him* or the door closing on the opportunities he represented? There's definitely a good dose of Column A, but I suspect it's mostly Column B.

This is also the first time in years I've allowed myself to be open to and accepting of someone, so feeling like I held my hand out just to have it slapped isn't helping either. Ain't life grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Chicken Shawarma

I didn't get the Greek Yogurt, nowhere near me in the short time frame that I had, had it. No chance of making tahini, so I used sour cream and piri piri.. The Vanilla and Coconut was sickening (tried a little).

• Advertisement

The link looks nice. I plan to (try) and make some falafel(s). Some of the recipes I've seen from the levant look lovely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement