Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Neighbours walking around the estate with their lanyards & id still dangling. We get it, you were at work 👏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 82,342 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whatever asswipe in Brennan's Bread decided putting a QR code for recipies on the best before label was a good idea. Every time I self scan at a checkout it picks this up and causes an unrecognised item error. What kind of exceptional fool thought of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Newstalk has become some sort of radio station version of a gambling site. Cash machine, cash machine, play now, write it down, the cash machine, over to the cash machine, give us your money, cash machine.

Never thought I'd say it, but could you just get back to the patronizing and the fear mongering please?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cyclists wearing hoodies with the hoods up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Today FM is the same.

TA is the huge amount of spam phone calls I’m getting lately. Every time I block a number I get a call from a different UK number . The thing I’m expecting a call from an online pharmacist re my delivery of a medicine

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I cant find out how to mute someone with a private profile on here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

do you mean add them to your ignore list? It is possible on desktop, not sure about mobile.

Go to your profile page.

Go to your ignore list.

In the Ignore Someone box start typing their username. It should autocomplete their name after a couple of characters. Click OK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What is wrong with this? I don't think I ever drove past someone and was upset that I couldn't see their hair colour. Am I missing something?

They're not fully aware of what's going on with their peripheral vison.

Equally annoyed with gimps with earphones on.

You'll notice too they're not 'recreational' cyclists, usually an Anto in Nike gear.

The worst are the ones with nothing on. Surely the saddle gets all sweaty. 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mods breaking the "No going against the TA" rule 😆

Today's TA: the sheer volume of work I've to get through. I was assigned lead on a very time-constrained project that has a deadline of next week and basically needs full-time resourcing. Unfortunately I still have to manage my other three accounts and the hours-in-a-day/how-much-one-person-can-do maths just aren't working.

Added to that the fact that I'm in the middle of moving house and have to be out and have the house cleaned by today, and I'm feeling pretty stressed. Work meant I couldn't take any time off for the move so I've been trying to do everything in the evenings and during lunches and I'm very close to the end of my tether.

Heading to Marseille in the morning for the Heineken Cup final and honestly, I can't even look forward to that because all I think of is how much other stuff I have to clear off my plate today.

That was a bit of a magnum opus, sorry. TL;DR: I'm stressed to bits and struggling hard.

Delis that don't have sliced cheese, just that grated stuff that falls out of sandwiches and gets everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Cyclists jumping red lights, making them a menace to pedestrians.

I almost got run over twice in one week.

Have to try to see around cars stopped at lights now in case some numpty is heading towards a red light at 50mph on his bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm not surprised,. Even moving house was stressful enough never mind working flat out on top of everything. I moved last year and still haven't got things sorted in the new smaller house.

My new TA is I'm mad for a magnum ice-cream now. Yum yum

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

To the driver of the Nissan Leaf, you should have just bought a diesel as you certainly weren’t thinking of the environment when you decided to throw your cigarette butt out the car window and then decided your coffee cup had to go the same way 🤬🤬

Also to add Zero Emissions Zero Indicators 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dropped not one, but 2 eggs on the floor at lunchtime. Eggs are a bitch to get off a floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I wanted to visit a furniture store about 2 kilometres away to buy a chair... checked online and their Google listing shows they closed at 6pm. its 5pm so I'll have im expecting 30-35 minutes in there...

On arrival the store is closed... the store is empty... gone into liquidation....

Grrrr waste of time.... wouldn't take 10 minutes to put it online..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Very often the business in question has nothing to do with the information, other times it was done by the person who "did the website". Far too often the Google business information is wrong. There was even a case years ago where a restaurant changed their competitor's entry to *Permanently closed*.

I don't bother checking bank holiday opening times anymore.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

One side of my headphones stopped working half way through a long bus journey 😩😖😭

It is what it's.

Speaking of dropping… the poor girl in the car park in Northwood earlier.. had her large purse / bag , a bag full of shopping and about 6 small bottles of beer being carried loosely for some reason … in her arms amongst that lot, gets to her car, tries to put the beers on the roof of the car to get her keys but with everything she’s carrying makes a balls of it and the beers end up all smashed on the ground…

bizarre that she wasn’t offered or accepting of a plastic bag.

i felt a little less sorry when the only effort she made to clean up the glass was to clear it from around her car so somebody else might get a foot full or tyre full of glass….just not her…. Not clever or all that classy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@Whatdoesitmatter do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Don't know if it actually works but saw on one of those Facebook videos..... sprinkling salt.....well dumping about half the tub of salt....onto the offending egg makes it easier to clean up.....if someone wants to test it out 😅🤣

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or you could use a squidgee and a dustpan. or call the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

When you get a takeaway that comes with a drink and they put the cold drink in the same bag as the hot food.

So by the time you get home you have a warm drink and tepid food.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wanted some Irish tea from Amazon for a holiday. Came today. Wrong thing and in a battered box. Third party seller so I'm stuck with it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Neigbour often sees me cutting the grass, and a few times has asked could he borrow my mower to do his "small patch of grass" - yep, of course, no problem. I have even offered to do it once or twice.

Was getting work done last year, neighbour calls over "can i throw some bits-n-bobs into your skip? We have a small bit I want to get rid of." - Yes, no problem, if you have any bulky items, can you leave them beside it, and I will throw them in later, when the skip is packed in. (He threw in a full bed, a chest of drawers I had to break up, and a load of floorboards).

This week, same neighbour getting new bathroom, work is finished, skip is outside full. I saw him and asked if I could throw a pallet on top (it's not crazily full). "Oh, no, sorry, they won't collect it. It's too full"

'ok'

"What exactly do you have?"

'it's a pallet, I'll cut it up and get rid, it's okay, thanks'

"No, they were supposed to collect it on Monday, but it's too full, I don't know what's happening, the builder organised it"

'it's okay, I'll cut it up, i was going to anyway."

About an hour later, skip is collected. Driver throws net over and loads it on to truck no problem.

It was less full than I have seen many a skip before. Fairly sure the neighbour was just being unobliging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Pockets in men's underpants, of course I know what they are for.

They take longer to dry than the pants part and even more annoying................womens clothes rarely have pockets even when they badly needed or could be easily integrated into the garment but men have them in an item worn mostly under clothing that has at lest 4 pockets easily available!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eltoorock

Parents talking loudly to their kids in bookshops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Have to be honest I had to Google that.

I've never come across pockets in undies.

Handy for travel , but there is abit of an ick factor to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement