Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i identity a competitor, pick out a really stylish and comfy looking reclining leather chair from the online catalog but they are out of stock.

i use their customer service query form to enquire as to if or when they’ll be back in stock … the message I get having submitted said form..

“you can expect a reply to your query in 5-7 working days ….”

not exactly a bastion of customer efficiency…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I always order my drink with no ice for that reason. Otherwise you get a cupful of water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Game show contestants who win nothing bring asked "have you had a good time?" never just saying "nah it was ****, complete waste of my day".

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Have started a container veg garden in the conservatory this year - growing tomatoes, radishes, lettuce, courgettes, strawberries, chillies, sugarsnap peas, herbs etc etc.

Really really enjoying it, they’re all growing really well, I find it hugely satisfying to watch them grow and so rewarding to eat my own produce.

My housemate liked the idea when I started so he got in on the game too and has a few of his own pots and plants also.

Was going away for a week last week so of course asked if he could look after my plants when I was gone - v simple just what to water when and reminded him to open the windows if it got too sunny. He said absolutely no problem, he’d be looking after his own plants anyway sure, and I’d do the same for him of course when he’s away.

Didn’t want to be overbearing about it all so said I wouldn’t ask about them during the week, though he did text mid week saying they were all looking good.

Got home last night and **** me I don’t know what the hell plants he was looking at - had to throw 10 courgettes in the bin because they’d all shrivelled up from lack of water, the sugarsnap peas were all withered and had lost most of their flowers (was especially annoyed by this as there’s probably a good 80 pea pods gone to waste there), the lettuce was scorched and wilted and my tomatoes leaves were all wilted and rolled up.

I was more disappointed and frustrated than annoyed tbh. Worst of all he seems to think he’s done a good job too so I can’t even give out to him. He doesn’t seem to realise he’s destroyed most of them so I can only assume he’s just not great at keeping them.

I just said thanks for minding them for me. Quietly seething here thinking of my lost harvest 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A driver up my ass for several kilometres. No I wasn't blocking a lane on the motorway ;-)

A national 2 lane road with space for overtaking and there was 3 cars in front of me all going the speed limit and leaving safe distance. All good, everyone relaxed and motoring along yet the car behind insisted on staying inches from my rear bumper

Why do people do this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Unfortunately the quality of driving over the last 5 years has nosedived. Tailgating you see every 5 minutes.

“Failure to leave appropriate distance between you and the vehicle in front” is the offence.

you literally never hear about anyone being done for it.

safe driving is a culture, that isn’t enabled with the singularly myopic obsession with ‘speed’ and nothing else. It’s automatically in the mindset now to the point that eejits are green lighted to think that… “ ahhh I don’t speed so I’m a safe and good driver “ like fûck… roads are full of daft cabbages… and the managers in An Garda roads policing arnt much better…

Quick google search using tailgating, caught for tailgating, fined for tailgating… literally cannot find a single report of a driver being done for that offence in ‘this’ country…at least on the first couple of pages that I saw so… ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Not trivial really but an elderly friend was scammed last week.

Thankfully the bank has sorted matters.

It is not so much the money as the loss of confidence and fear of answering any phone call now. This person was a very successful person, travelled the world, lecturing in her subject and is just no longer as astute as she was. Her spouse is also elderly and also not as able as he was.

They now have special protection on their bank accounts and have a daughter named on a joint account so can take control and leave only a limited amount in their current account at any time.

The whole episode has ruined their independence and made them feel so stupid. No matter that the people who operate these scams are so persuasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

What it says on the tin 😂🤣🤣

Boxers with pockets.

Some have zip style pockets on the hip bone area big enough to hold phone...others cards and cash.

Some have a kangaroo pouch style pocket again for cards and cash over the "ahem" area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've never in my life time heard of under garments with pockets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not sure about the zip on the hip but are you referring to the fly?

I've not worn one pair of boxers in near thirty years that has a pocket in the front.. maybe it's a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Google boxers with pockets and go into the images.

No the zip is not for a fly.....that would be pretty risky, no?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

"ONE IN FIVE people in Ireland are living below the poverty line after their housing costs are factored in, according to a study from think-tank Social Justice Ireland"

This 'research' specifically "after their housing costs are factored in" is someone trying to claim housing costs are some anomaly that few face?? 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was walking home from a restaurant with my OH and I saw this rough looking wan in front of me picking her leggings out of her bumcrack in full view of us. She then opened up her handbag, removed an empty Coke Zero bottle and just chucked it on the ground. Honestly, some people were just dragged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My shoulder has frozen up over the weekend. Can I get an appointment with my doctor? Don't be stupid, of course I can't.

Wondering if I should just skip right past the GP bit and book in with a private physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The ones that were annoying me had a soft fabric deep pocket on each side, so didn't need a zip but was hard to dry completely.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

House alarm down the road merrily going off for way longer than the legal 15 minutes.

Has anyone ever heard a house alarm and thought "Oh god! That house is currently being broken into! I must investigate or call the authorities!"?

No, they haven't. When they go off, everyone thinks "That dickhead needs to get his dodgy alarm sorted out." At best, after about half an hour of it they think "I hope someone is ransacking the place.". They are absolutely pointless devices. Especially the non-monitored ones. The only advantage of the monitored ones is that it also inconveniences the absent homeowner a bit.

I do actually hope that someone is ransacking the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

Companies changing the rules of grammar for their names, and RTE going along with it. As in this article with "daa" instead of "DAA" in the headline and the text of the article. I'm glad to see that the Irish Times and Irish Independent are using "DAA". The Irish Examiner came up with a compromise of "Daa". Lower case is fine for logos but not in ordinary text. https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0530/1301917-dublin-airport/ EDIT: Headline changed now, but "daa" still in text.

Post edited by stopthevoting on

Have an awful manky sinus/ throat infection. I think it's actually the worst sore throat I've had in my life and I'm not being manflu dramatic. I can barely swallow ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Anyone who posts a YouTube link without providing some sort of context.

"Where" and "were" are NOT synonyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The term "booties" which refer to the footwear people are recommended to wear when sea swimming.

Imagine telling a grown-up to make sure to put on their booties like they are some toddler. It's not the footwear that's the TA, just the word itself. The infantilization of modern society knows no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Address them by their proper titles, ye little bollixes.

I've that too. My throat is like the Sahara with razor blades.

Antigen test coming back negative...I've had it a couple of days so if it was covid I'd expect a high viral load to give a positive test even if I messed up the swabbing.

I've had covid twice now and it was a walk in the park compared to this.

Hope you feel better soon.

We've dodged the covid bullet so far which is a miracle since we've school and creche going on....unless we're the freaks that are asymptomatic and act as super spreaders 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I decided to fry a few lamb chops and have filled the house with some smoke. My eyes are hanging out !!!

Jesus they're nothing but fat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

This is me at work negotiating with the bin company to get them to collect the rubbish:

Me: We've paid you a small fortune to empty our bins.

Panda: And this gives you power over me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Tasty fat!!

TA'd at the airport queues we'll be facing on Friday...with kids

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement