Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

Panda have probably the worst customer service representatives going.

I had a one before who sounded like a right skanger burp down the phone at me.

There's a theme of them giving zero fuks about the shite service they're providing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

More than a TA at this stage. Local kids cannot leave a flower on our roses, was the same with the daffodils. Another lot keep kicking the ball in and hitting the cars in the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

TA the damn local (only) bin companiesy

First they wanted name , address , phone no. - all that fine, but they didn't tell me about the ~ 90c a week 'standing charge' (hungry koonts 😒)

then (few months later) they want me email address (they didn't get it then, they're not getting it still, and like as not they never will)

now they're plaguing me with texts to do with "Food Waste Govt 'Regulations' " - they want me to inform/ring/email them about same..

They can Fk Right Off!

Meantime, it didn't take the chunts long to stop sending me my a/c 'balance' (use a card to top up on that) so as to know what's left in it,, that stopped around the 'give us your email' time,, likely I'd ring them up and they'd cráp talk about "Our 'Policy' " and their 'app' ,,, Fcuk yer policy and fcuk yer apps, and just send me my gosh dang balance once a flamin week. And stop annoying me about bs regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm sick.

I'm absolutely craving flat 7up.

However we don't keep minerals in the house so nothing here flat or otherwise. Also even if we did the thoughts of trekking to the kitchen is too much, cos I'm sick.

I'm shivering and melting at the same time.

I'm pissed off with another broken night's sleep.

Have I mentioned I'm sick.

(Covid negative x 2 tests , but I'm really sick)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have to go to Bloom today for work. The fookin traffic 😭

• Advertisement

How are you feeling?

I've taken 3 covid tests (hse supplied tests so should be reliable) all negative but in an absolute hoop.

I'm coughing to brink of vomiting my throat is so sore.

I'm awake since 1, this is some feckin dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I too have been unwell. Cold like symptoms and other problems with my digestive system. Etiquette thread >>>>. This is my 2nd/ 3rd dose of feeling sick.

I picked up antibiotics yesterday morning and I'd say I'm a bit better than yesterday but still pretty bad.

I wouldn't have a cough like yourself. It's more sinus/ throat infection with me with the throat being a big problem as I could barely swallow. My epiglottis was at least twice the size it should be and I was waking up like I was choking. It's still very swollen but lots of medicines are helping. Definitely the worst sore throat I've ever had.

Everyone is different with covid but for me it was only a mild sore throat on the first day and it was gone after that with more head cold symptoms for the rest of it. My mum has covid since last week and she'd be what they call "high risk" and she was the same as me with just mild sore throat on the first day but then again I'm sure there's people had lasting sore throats with it.

I'll bet you've some other virus besides covid. There's a lot of bad ones going around at the minute.

We'll both get there sure. A few more days will probably see a big difference. Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

met someone today who I had not seen in ages and she said "oh you look different - you've put on weight!".. ffs - keep your opinions to yourself

fair enough - she prob thought I looked healthier - I might have looked a bit gaunt before - nonetheless.. would have preferred had she not said this

Usually my sinus infections move to my chest when it's in final stages, but the cough would be a deep seal barking cough (attractive)

This is a sharp dry cough can't say I've had one like it before.

Two years living in a bubble not mixing with the great unwashed on the dart and bus has obviously done a number on my immune system.

The alternative is an age thing which I'm not entertaining.

Back to wearing masks and arriving late to miss everyone on the school run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was caught up in work away from my phone for about half an hour. Returned to see three missed calls and whatsapp messages from the OH. My heart sank. Our rescue dog, who we have only had for five days, escaped. Thankfully she found her wandering just down the road a few minutes later though she was wrecked and covered in cowshite so must have had a whale of a time for herself.

She has been so good, hardly makes a sound, sleeps through the night and does her business outdoors. Up to now when I had her out in the pen I made, she would literally just sit there content until I let her out. But last night, she started getting a bit braver, jumping onto the couch when she wouldn't have done that before, but I didn't think she'd figure out how to escape.

I am still sick to the pit of my stomach and can't concentrate on work at all.

I'd say you're right about the living in a bubble weakening our immune systems. Better off to go around licking door handles and building it up again at this stage. 🤭

Eating chewing gum off the street 😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Went to buy more gym T-shirts… but the 2 for 30 deals were out of Large … so I goes home to try online but despite having all the sizes the deal was instore only grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Everytime I have to do an OS update in my phone, after completion, 3 network banner notification to complete update so you click in to complete and get rid of the nuisance - lots of shyte apps they want you to download. Apps for people with fcuk all to do in their life like card games, star trek and other nonsense. To make it more irritating they pre tick 3 from each category

DO NOT WANT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The sheer numbers of users posting in AH with the “prison bars” on their avatars. It’s really not a good look.

Would be great if they were blocked from the “Social & Fun” category, or AH at the very least.

Mostly it’s users picking up infractions, or threadbans, in the “Current Affairs” forum and that causes them the move over to this forum and infect the threads here with their odious posting style and their distasteful opinions.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Woman in front of me at the checkout in Tesco takes out a big bag of coppers and proceeds to pay for her groceries in 2's and 5's.

And if that wasn't bad enough loads of them kept coming back out.

Ain't nobody got time for that 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

In line with previous post. In the supermarket I place the items in a particular order on the conveyor belt, because I want to pack them in a specific way. I am sure everyone is doing something similar. The checkout worker randomly grabbed items, no matter where they were placed…

She was also moving at the speed of a classic zombie, and I could fallen asleep between grabbing the different items she had scanned, which made the whole experience even more frustrating.

Not in line with previous posts: my neighbours got a wind chimes and I think it will magically disappear at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Ah and the potential new partner has a small kid. I don’t think this will work. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

During covid my nearest Tesco had a screen at the end of the till with a hole cut in it about 20 x 20 inches. Fit an arm through but that's it. The checkout person would scan the item and gently place it down right beside them, but totally out of your reach. And I have gibbon arms, so not a short limb issue. I'd really rather not have to press my face against a sneeze guard and dislocate my shoulder to get my yoghurt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trying to explain the difference between tiredness and fatigue. I shouldn't try but I can't help myself which is a secondary TA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

ehhh you might wanna try having some sympathy for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've an upset stomach this morning, and my left heel has been sore for the last week. It's extremely sore this morning. I think it's plantar fasciitis. I'll pop a Difene and some paracetamol to get through the working day.

Also I'm feeling really guilty about leaving my OH for the weekend to work from home with a hyperactive puppy while I go to Limerick this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The massive hassel ppl like me have with banks, as a person with an SLD, I avoid online banking unless absolutely necessary, now to finish paying my fees I have to withdraw from one bank, lodge it to another and pray the staff will help me work the terminal which will send the money to the ibic/iban on the invoice.

No choices on cash/po/cc payments, pay using the ibic/iban or face a fine.

1 in 10 ppl at least in the country with an SLD! so its not like Im creating the difficulty out of thin air as they like to make out.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was at Primavera festival last night in Barcelona....1 hour queue for drink and mood.Staff hadn't a clue...and the crowd control was terrible..it was dangerous at times...

Theres a better line up tonight so I should be happier...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This gives you a basic idea, but as its part of the way the brain works, there are many variations not listed here.

In my case in this situation, inputting the alphanumerics of the ibic/iban are almost impossible in the banking type environment.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Kids playing football outside while I'm trying to sleep for night duty!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement