Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Leap cards in general.

If other countries / cities can implement a system that allows you use your credit or debit card, Apple or Google contactless payment, integrate payment across tram and bus routes with maximum daily and weekly fare caps why do we still have to use something as cumbersome and user unfriendly as a Leap Card?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fits of sneezing that last 20 million years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So about 40 minutes ago I’m on my way home, tired, fûck it passing McDonalds so can’t be arsed cooking, head into the drive through…two lanes for ordering,

two cars queuing / ordering in lane two, the third car directly ahead of us I expect to pull into empty lane one but they proceed to enter the queue for lane two, behind two other cars, preventing us from accessing vacant lane one…. And keeping everyone waiting longer….Thick cûnt.

then the first car when we get around the corner, stops at the first window, pays, but drives off without stopping at the second window to get their food 🤪 Realising their cock up ….attempts to reverse at speed and comes what is seemingly inches away from clattering into the second car which is moving forward to that window… horn is sounded, gestures made, a little shouting… 😕

using a McDonalds drive through isn’t exactly rocket science, you don’t or should not need to complete a CBT to achieve the ability to be ordering, paying and collecting food… without inconveniencing / endangering other clients and their vehicles…

seriously… people .. what’s going on, what’s happening to people… 🤨🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

People wishing their dead relatives a "Happy heavenly birthday/Fathers' Day/Mothers' Day" on social media.

When (and more to the point, why) did this start?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Vampire movies and TV series. There is such scope for quality stories and visuals yet they keep make teenage angst nonsense. I just had the misfortune of sitting through the first episode of First Kill on Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Or redoing a garden with very limited space and a very tight budget.

You dig up to clear the brush etc, that's put to one side to sort and get soil off roots. You need to dig out another area to level it and put a base down. That has to go into another pile. But living in a housing estate the builder dumped all the rubble back into the garden and just put a bit of topsoil to cover it so you have a third pile of rocks. You still need to sort out the soil and level off some more and have figure out where to put the extra soil and rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The only biscuits in the house are fig rolls and ginger nuts.

Stuff of nightmares!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fig rolls are nice with tea. I'll have them, if you don't want them. 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And figs being a fruit are part of your 5 a day 👍🏾

Fig rolls are a disgrace and an insult to biscuits!

• Advertisement

^^^He’s been out back since about 8pm tonight clattering the fûck out of something with a hammer, again elderly neighbours both sides, it’s 23.37 and after a 5 minute break.. it’s starting again…. He has an old Jaguar car, about 35 years old so I’d imagine it’s that…

im of no mind to wish the stupid cünt any sort of wellbeing, health or luck in life… the disregard he has for anybody else around here over years.. if i could buy him a brain tumour I probably would …seen as he’s such a head wrecker.

Edit : stopped at 01.10 the &#*#&#

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at this woman in my work who will not leave me alone any day of the week.

I clean this place every morning, 1 hour on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 3 hours on Wednesday.

My job on the 1hr shift is simply dust everywhere, mop the foyer and leave. My 3hr shift is the deep clean - mop everywhere, offices, bathrooms, polish, hoover - all of it.

This woman, since the moment she arrived, has been asking me to do extra jobs on top of what I already do on days I'm not meant to do them ("will you run a mop into my office?", "Will you hoover this area?", "Will you empty these bins for me?") she is not my supervisor in here -- she's not over me at all. She also asks me what my jobs are here and constantly tries to talk to me. I can't stand talking to anyone in the morning and everyone but her seems to get that memo. Can't count how many times she's interrupted me during my breaks on Wednesdays and while I've been trying to actually do my job. She's kept me behind an extra 15mins more than 3 times at least. I have other places I need to go work in. Just leave me alone I just want to come in, do my bit and f*ck off, and you are making it very difficult!

Also, normally if I'm about 5 minutes early, I'll typically wait for the manager to come unlock the front door (my start time is their opening time). It's probably the only time I get some time to myself if at all. She arrived at the same time as me and the manager was running 5 minutes late.

What does she do? She starts talking to me about what the manager is usually up to when he's running late (dropping the kids to school, etc.) and tells me what he normally does when he gets to the building. Like I already fúcking know, lady! I've been coming here for the past 9 months, you're only here a month! I know the routine!

What gives me some malicious comfort, if anything, is that none of the other workers in there even listen to her. She's a head wrecker.

Post edited by Gamer Bhoy 89 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bet she’s mortified 😄 , txt her to ask did she have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

So we can get a low interest load to retro fit our houses ! how kind.

Woman in local shop giving out because council were doing a complete retro fit on her house and they were in her way and leaving a mess behind 😕 ( all at no cost to her)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Today is too much day,

Sitting on a too hot, too crowded bus, pulling into the village and the women beside me told me that the traffic had been mental the day before as a man had been hit by a car at the crossing.

He had been hit by the car and tossed over its roof, woman behind me asked if the man was in a car!

Yup, too much today in this 24 hours.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The comedian Joe Lycett was investigated by police in the UK for telling a joke that contained the words.. “ giant donkey dick “

https://news.sky.com/story/joe-lycett-investigated-by-police-after-offended-audience-member-complains-about-joke-at-comedy-show-12637982

baffled on two levels….

1) that some imbecile would acquire the motivation to make such a complaint…

2) that some gobshîte police officer took the complaint and investigated it…

If I walked out up to the local Garda station and said… “ I’d like to make a complaint, my neighbour is smiling at cars “… id fully expect the reply to be along the lines of… “ ok, might be a little strange but no law was broken, so get yourself home and have a nice evening and don’t bother yourself or us about trivial matters like this again .” Same with this joke.

I’m guessing the complainant wasn’t born or at least watching comedy in the ‘80’s / ‘90’s where there was a lot worse said by comedians and if you complained about that joke then you’d probably just be told that you took it up wrong.. that’s the end of it.

Joe Lycett should be charged with crimes against comedy

I don’t find him funny either far from it but I just don’t understand people or some people these days… all gone a bit… &€#&#&#&#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I made a coffee table and a small bookcase with the leftover bits 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

One of the maintenance lads was in with me yesterday for no apparent reason (maybe hiding from actual work) but he was trying to make conversation when he had nothing to talk about, and I was too busy to humour him. Yet he lingered for ages, and left and came back in, etc.

A few hours later, one of the other lads comes in and tells me that the first lad has gone home because he just tested positive for Covid. Yer man obviously wasn't feeling great if he did the Covid test while in work, but made sure he hung out with me just beforehand since I'm one of the few people in here who hasn't had Covid yet! 🙄 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The inane, nay, MORONIC, day time talk tv foisted upon people in waiting rooms. Dopes clattering on about nothing at length and no escape. Why do they think people want this? I'd rather listen to lift muzak than the utterly pointless ramblings of a professional gas bag that I'm being subjected to ATM. Doesn't help that I was awake all night with a toothache. Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The waiting room reading material: Woman's Way or Take A Break circa 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'd take it now, TBH! No reading material in here, ED waiting room. I'd enjoy a 'My mother ran off with my fiancé and now I'm having a baby for them' story. If you're gonna force feed me trash, make it ultra trashy. Dimwits talking about outfits and celebrity break ups just doesn't cut the mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Missed calls from Private numbers. Usually medical people calling.

I got a job in America assembling flat pack furniture for an office . After 2/3 days I could do it in my sleep.

• Advertisement

Have a bee hive in one of the walls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement