Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

And, of course, enough underwear to shit myself three times a day, every day, for the entirety of the trip and still have spares. Does anyone else do that???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was in Cork city centre yesterday and the amount of bloody buskers... Feck off with your amplified shite covers! Nobody wants to hear your noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I think it's probably a girl thing though, as every girl I know admits to doing the same 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Getting a phone-call when I was in the toilet. Tried my best to make it sound like I wasn't (it's always so obvious to the person on the other end of the line), but inadvertently set off the hand drier. Now she thinks I am disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

There's nothing worse than being subjected to 3rd rate acoustic versions of Wonderwall, whether it be in a pub or on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

America turning into Gilead.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'm the opposite. Few weeks ago went hiking in the Burren, two nights staying there. When I got there, my bag contained three work shirts (long sleeve and collar ones) a pair of trousers that didn't fit and no boxers. Also had my gym shoes that I don't wear outside and three sets of earphones.

What's the story with boards asking you every day whether you accept cookies and such or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The alternative..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Seems to happen on most websites I visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chocolate chip always welcome in my belly 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A fitness class popped up as a suggestion on my social media feed. The name of the class contains the word "fat".

I can't get my head around how negative that connotation is.

"I'm off to my fat class this afternoon".

Talk about disempowerment!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The fact that this page keeps jumping up to the top of the page while I’m typing away, it’s more than annoying at this stage 🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had to get a new life insurance policy because we're moving house. They added an extra £40 quid onto the premium because my BMI is too high. Fcuk sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No , unfortunately. Office furniture. But I did get invited to a barmizmer, or whatever its called 😎😎😎 its the Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I got a reply from what must be the most unhelpful gimp in any customer services department this side of Jupiter..

im trying to modify / correct what is at least at present a minor issue with a newish piece of fitness equipment …. I send their service department in the UK a quick polite and courteous email…looking for advice…

the reply…

Good Afternoon,

This is part of the general maintenance, if you have a look in your user manual it will advise you how to do it.

regards,

Sandra..

Not a slight bit of interest in letting me know what section or page… the maintenance manual is around at a guess 120 pages, zero interest in offering support… as in… “ if you still have problems give us a shout and we’ll get someone to talk you through it.. “. General maintenance on a 12 week or so old piece of gear that gets used maybe 4-5 hours a week.. hmmmmm

• Advertisement

A bird sh*t on my car while I was driving, and while thats normal enough, on this occasion it was a like a balloon full of concrete and diarrhea exploding on the bonnet. So much gik splashed onto the windscreen it took about thirty wiper swipes with water at full blast to be able to see again and in the ten minutes before I could stop, the main splat on the bonnet hardened into something Lionel Ritchies blind girlfriend could make a creepy head out of.

I'm almost as impressed as i am annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When you finally start to make the muffins you’ve been threatening to make for the past week, only to find you’ve no flour 😕

or eggs! 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having to clean the shower drain, it's a very grim sight once you lift up the cover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

And she calls again…at least at a reasonable hour to be ignored at. Who gets this drunk on a Monday night when they have to get up for work the next morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes. One who self medicates her depression because it works so well.

Just block her. You should have done it after the first call.

I have a phantom Teams notification I can't clear. It's driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I found I had sod all in the house for breakfast this morning so decided to head to a local-ish shop and get some 'artisan' stuff for breakfast. To get there and back I had to go through a roundabout twice. Of four cars I saw on the roundabout, three went for the third exit from the wrong lane with no indicators. I've said this before but I reckon we should introduce self driving cars now. They should only have to be better than the average driver and the bar isn't that high....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Getting misgendered, especially when nervously awaiting appointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Next door neighbour leaves their 3 bins about 2 ft from my front door, in over 10 years they've never washed the bins. Flies buzzing around them in the summer. And what makes it worse is the bags of dog shite they put into them. Ive mentioned it several times but lets just say they are not the most approachable people in the estate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement