Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People on television programmes who pay for food, get interrupted and then don't finish it / leave it behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I haven't been feeling well and not working , days of the week mean nothing to me. TA , is t forgot to put the completely full blue bin out for collection. 2 weeks of going to Bottle banks 😡

Bumping into somebody I've not seen in ages and was happy to see, until they proceed to tell me about the covid vaccine conspiracy and that they went down a rabbit hole and did a load of "research" and other bollix. I don't care. I honestly couldn't give a sh*t either way. I think the biggest TA was that they were so hell bent on telling me (as if it's the first time I have heard any of it) that they refused to listen to me telling them that I didn't want to know and I was more interested (initially) as to how they were. Now I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My mam still wears her mask going into shops.

She was accosted recently outside in the shop carpark by a random stranger (man) who gave her a sermon on how she was fuelling the covid conspiracy by continuing to wear her mask.

My teenage lad was with her and he's usually a bolshy young fella but he got really freaked by this fella because he was full belt preacher mode.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some real nut cases out there, between these lads and the anti vax nutters.

I've had a bad headache since last night and no sign of it going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Having what I call a Drop Day. One of those days where every time you touch something you either drop it, knock it over, spill it, break it or otherwise display a lack of dexterity verging on the supernatural.

That today is All Ireland Sunday 🙄

Don't get me started on that rant..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Fell asleep for about 4 hours this evening so now of course when I go to bed I'm wide awake

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The creeping use of US euphemisms here; can't say toilet anymore it's a bathroom, restroom or washroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

That I am the sort of eejit that gets a head cold in the middle of a heatwave. 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a situation I’m observing from afar basically…, when rules and standards for members of an organisation are applied differently towards various members, employees or users…. Favouritism / cantbearsedtisim

As another example I remember in a job… this wagon used to give out if anyone from my shift left so much as an unwashed coffee cup or plate in the sink, canteen table or desk, emails flying, but it was ok for the night shift that she was supervisor of to leave coffee spilt on office desks, canteen floor, table and nothing would be done.

just double standards anywhere basically…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Those cheery email responses that say things like "We endeavour to reply to your email in three working days", when three weeks later they is no reply.

Actually, to round things up: Ta at business/personalities who have email address who don't reply at all. Especially when they are asked about it face to face and say, oh we never see those emails!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

How Boards continually finds new ways to be irritating. Every time I click into new messages in a followed thread, it takes me to the very start of the thread rather than the latest post. No reason for it, only started happening today

I noticed yesterday, but wasn't sure, that it is showing me the last page I viewed when I click on a thread, but nothing after that. Then If I make a comment, three (or however many) appear between what looked to be the last comment, and my comment. In two of the cases my comment was completely irrelevant as the conversation had moved on to a different subject within the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just changed the bottle on the water cooler in work and managed to trap the tip of my little finger under it when I dropped it into place. It was rather sore. The nail is bruised already, I hope I don’t end up losing it.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

Same here , slept straight through to 5 o'clock. Not ahope in hell of sleeping tonight.

TA ,it's the hottest day of the year and I'm craving an Indian takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A local mini supermarket has two doors, front and back that open onto completely separate streets… now the entrance which is closest to me and a 30 second walk away is permanently closed… on enquiring why… “ an increase in thefts “ ok, only an extra 3 minutes walk, but a pain in the ass if you just need to run in quickly for a snack, drinks or whatever… to hell with inconvenience 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Being told to arrive hungry as food will be served upon arrival.

Get there and there's not even a glass of water on the table ...2 hours later food arrives.

Wtf!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I never trust these things so always eat before I go.

However, while food was expected (party) food on arrival not so much , so dont promise what you can't deliver.

Water on the other hand on a baking hot day you shouldn't have to ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

a bird **** on my freshly washed car grr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just had a tooth extracted and I’m starving but can’t eat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

People who are incapable of lifting their feet when they walk so all you hear is "shuffle, shuffle, scuff, scuff, shuffle, scuff, scuff" when they walk.

My 6 month old Jack Russell digging up old bones that he had buried in the back yard and going up onto the sofa with them, ruining the sofa with muck as a result!! (His cute little face, floppy ears and wagging tail makes it hard for me to get mad with him though 😁)

Also, I bought a comprehensive DIY manual recently that I'm gonna use as bedtime reading to learn as much as I can from it because I've totally and utterly had it up to here with unreliable tradesmen in this country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Never visit the Philippines. They all seem to drag their feet when they walk and they all wear flip flops aswell so you hear the shuffling noise everywhere 🤣🤣🤣

First day back at work after a lovely long weekend. The weather's too good for this sh!t. Send help!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭Be right back

Where has the sun disappeared to?!

• Advertisement

Not in the mood for all this nonsense today. And it really is bloody nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement