Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think I've done through avast . How else can i do it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Burn it with fire. Or look for trips to the North Pole to balance things out.😁

People on FB who are friends but constantly post shyte which means I get a notification

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not quite those type of records. It's a picture of their cat, it was M.I.A. for 9 hours yesterday and they don't have a picture of it to post up if it does go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just witnessed *the* most protracted argument over a bill I've ever seen in my life, over the princely sum of €1.50 and a cuppa.

Barman put someone's lunch through as a special as it was slightly cheaper than billing them for the individual items, and the person was borderline incensed over it because he never gave them the cup of tea that would have come with it if they'd actually ordered the special.

Cue 15 minutes of arguing over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I hope the barman deleted that bill and did it again as separate items

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Queuing for the chemist yesterday to pick up the OH's prescription. Unbeknownst to me, it was the worst time to go as it's generally at its busiest and they are notorious for having the till under-staffed (it was the only time I could go as I was in between leaving somewhere to go elsewhere). And it was a nightmare, queue out the door.

And then this woman, in her late 30s-early 40s with the "sunglasses on top of head" look that screams "wagon" proceeded to skip half the queue. She jumped in front of me just as I was next in line, and I was furious as I was waiting long enough before it happened, but didn't cause a scene (apart from complaining to the two perplexed lads behind me) as there was already a separate scene been created by another customer over her prescription not being ready or something.

Still annoyed exactly 24 hours later.

He ended up offering her a tea to go and she said no 🙄

• Advertisement

Went and had a sit down on the loo , and as soon as that's done u need to go for seconds 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bark-a-thon in stereo starts again about 50 minutes ago and despite a 5 minute break shows no sign of abating. Constant barking…

I mean jesus….fücking…. christttt…I just….want….sleep.

Edit : and at 02.17 after a 30 minute break…..we are back with stereo bark-a-thon..

a crying shame the cûnt bucket owner is ex directory grrr.

Post edited by Strumms on

I don't boobs but lately I can't find a temperature to suit me .one minute I'm freezing, put heat on for10 minutes then I'm roasting. No happy in between for the last few weeks

I'd be hanging from his doorbell. Drop of superglue on the button, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

We got a new keyboard last week for one of the PCs in my lab. While it types much better than the stiff clunky old one, there's no indicator light to tell whether Caps Lock is on or off. That wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, that's the same with this one. It does give a high or low beep when you turn Caps on or off but that's no good if your sound is muted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Filled my car yesterday, didn't absolutely have to do it but it was quite low.

Passed the same place today and it's 3c a litre cheaper than yesterday....only adds up to about €1.80 but still.....TA

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

People that spit on the street.

Vile creatures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A million times this.. It's not easy to make me want to puke but certain types of this get me everytime. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The doctor and hospital are each blaming each other for loosing my Dads blood test, second time in two years it’s happened…

a rake of new doctors and staff at my Dads surgery and after the two old timers retired within months of each other it’s all gone to hell apparently …. “Yes you will need to give another sample but we have no free appointments this week”. Considering you lost the fûcking thing I’d be squeezing him in somewhere….lunch, before appointments or after….they’ve taken on a rake of new patients, and are all arse over tit.

they called him to urgently give another sample as there are concerns over an element of his health… but on loosing said sample they can’t be arsed making amends,,, just blaming the hospital.

• Advertisement

As I keep saying, the HSE are very good at apologising, but awful at addressing the issues before they cause real damage. Makes my blood boil.

Same here, plus stand outside the house and possible under the window shouting obscenities for the dog to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’m starting to fancy a colleague, and workplace stuff is against my principles. Knowing myself and my poor impulse control this will end badly and this annoys me.

Unable to really settle during the summer holidays due to antisocial behavior from kids. Have a few families of feral kids at the back that have been a nightmare for a few years now. The boy has a thing for terrorizing animals and he's encouraging the others, the girls go around with stick beating the hedges. Load of branches broken off the trees, bikes abandoned on the footpath and in other peoples gardens for days, I know from a lady that scooters were being taken from the owners gardens by groups of kids and sometimes dumped elsewhere on the estate. Today had to chase a gang of teens out of the garden where they were looking for a quiet secluded place to do something, possibly drink or drugs. They then saw a gate open and went in and but came out again. Ended up going up to a secluded area at the back of some houses.

Add to that everyone seems to own a bloody dog now and it's left out to bark for hours. I've actually come to really dislike dogs due to arseh*le owners. My sanity is close to cracking because most of the ones listed are on the same street or adjacent ones and it's pretty much every day listening to them.

1. "The Pest" near by, it barks at everything that walks past and even when it's inside you can hear it. Owner goes out for hours and this can go on for 6 hours.
    2. "Doogle", the owner thinks she can just walk into any garden and let her dog use it as a toilet, she does clean up but that's not the point.
    3. "Animal Farm", kids at back have one that barks and they sometimes let it out to chase animals.
    4. "Arseh*le" I spoke of last night who leaves it out to do werewolf impressions.
    5. "P*ssheads" go out and leave their to bark for hours. It doesn't let up.
    6. "Gollum" Has a short low bark, again left out for hours.
    7. "F*cking Arseh*le" in next estate, every day it's let out from about 5pm and it's barks pretty much non stop till 22.30. I recon it was originally owned by the people next to us and they gave it away when they moved.
    8. Can't put this nick name up which was given to them by someone else, but owner lets dogs out to roam and **** in gardens. Same person will give out about other people doing the same thing.
    9. "Arrogant Arseh*le" leaves it out for hours. Even went off and left dog out while they got work done on place for weeks. Went nuts one night and broke a fence.
    10. Another one further away across the green big loud bark again left out for hours.
    11. Yappy little f*cker every so often is left out to bark for hours.
    12. Local kennels miles away can sound like a blood hound kennels with the howling and barking.
    13. "The Whinger" has finally left the area with it's family 🙏

That was a monumental rant. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 👍😁

The alarm waking you when you're having a really good sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cycled into work this morning. I haven't been on a bike in years. My everything is wobbly now and I'm overheating. I don't think I'd be able to get off the chair if I tried.

TA - being old and unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Extra Special TA - It's liquor licence renewal season. I had 60 notices to log on Tuesday, 56 from Wednesday, and another 46 from yesterday. It's mind-numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The annual "world famous celebrity is in IRELAND!!!" news pieces that always crop up this time of year. I even seen an article on (irishman) Gabriel Byrne being spotted in Wexford- with his play due to run in the Opera House. Obviously he's going to be around.

You'd swear we are some third-world backwater not used to tourists, famous or otherwise. It'd be worse if they weren't occasionally visiting us given our proximity to London etc.

My dad tells me that when he was younger, he remembers the excitement around his house getting the first colour television in the area, and when the farm got a tractor for the first time. The curiosity around them was understandable for the time, but it looks like we are as simple as ever.

• Advertisement

Stop-Go systems.

Also, people who refer to chips in the singular. You're just having the one curry chip for dinner then, yeah? Knobs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement