Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

trying to work out which week the bin company collects the rubbish (alternate weeks, with normal waste collection every 2nd week, and recyclables for the other) - going on previous year's 'calendar' they give me when I signed up to them last year,, wouldn't cost them much to send one out every year - feckers charge enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Because the reflection of the sun of the water's surface can be absolutely blinding?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Family member who does sweet f*ck all. Had 2 strays coming around and they decided they wanted more cats. Problem is they expect everyone else to look after them. Got so bad it got to a point I had to go to the doctor and get Xanex due to stress and everything piling on. Got one rehomed but the 2nd is a semi outdoor and will go into full pester mode to get out. It will use a tray but it will try to get out. Problem is the person is staying in bed all day and everyone else has to deal with this cat and it's getting worse. It's out at the moment and won't come in and muggs here is left to f*cking watch for it all day while they stay in bed.

I think I'm going to have to go back and get meds and see if there can be an intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Knock on the door at about 6.30 pm… it’s a supermarket delivery guy, on opening the door he says it’s for my neighbour and would I mind taking it for them as they are not in and there is lots of frozen stuff…. I ask how many bags…. A sheepish “ 9 altogether ”… is uttered…

he gets thick when I tell him that I’ve just been shopping this morning and my freezer is full, which isn’t a lie… he throws his eyes up to heaven and without an utterance of gratefulness for my time goes back to the truck, waits another 3 minutes, leaves them a note and hot foots it out of there…

at 7.05 I hear my neighbour come in from work, same time as always. So either the thick booked it for when she is working, ditzy but she ain’t that ditzy… or he was mega early and chanced his arm….think I heard the truck again but was busy on a call but seriously, unloading someone else’s frozen shopping, having to pack it up again…. No…PEOPLE grrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Its for this exact reason I now have a banging headache this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'd say most likely that it was the delivery driver chancing his arm. I sometimes get Tesco deliveries a bit earlier than the alloted time slot i.e if I've booked from 8pm-10pm they would sometimes chance their arm at 7.30pm

My TA today however is that many of the so called "heroes" I worshipped growing up turned out to be total c-u next Tuesdays in real life. Examples are....

Ryan Giggs- exposed as a serial adulterer and abuser who conducted an 8 year affair with his brother's wife.

Jerry Lewis- The original Nutty Professor. Walked out on his wife and kids to shack up with another woman and disinherited the kids in his will also.

David and Leigh Eddings- I loved their Belgarath and Sparhawk fantasy novels. Turns out that before they took up careers as fantasy authors they were both convicted of physically and emotionally abusing their adopted kids and keeping them in cages. The police found Leigh in the act of beating one of the kids with a belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Shortening phrases to just a few words with a question mark at the end. Bonus point if the words are not in the same order.

Eg.

Pot, kettle, black? Nail, head, bang?

Another variation would be referring to particular parts of a well known phrase. Something like, "bears and woods come to mind".

Not for me.

Yeah Giggs, loved the player but seems to be a ginormous cünt… totally un-likeable an 8 year affair and assaulting his girlfriend and her sister…. Although it hasn’t been proven the evidence he is presenting that he ‘accidentally’ head butted her is highly dubious…..he also is accused of dragging her along the floor, by the hair…wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who potter around seaside towns with their swimming togs/bikinis on the street, going into shops etc.

It's like a thing Brits do abroad, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My husband had to wear sunglasses in the sea after eye surgery . The glare from the water bothered him .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People that can't park straight behind the lines. I parked in a car park this morning, there was 6 empty spaces so I park at the very end of the line. I get back to my car to see someone has parked their car at a 60 degree angle to my door leaving a 5 inch gap so I couldn't open my door. They are lucky they weren't in their car because I would have absolutely f****d them into the river beside the car park

Post edited by PsychoPete on

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe it's quality in general but I've bought three pairs of runners from Sports Direct in the past year and two have being very poor quality.

One Nike pair essentially fell apart.

An Addidas pair insols wore out since April. The sols are perfect.

Both pairs were worn around the shops and at work mainly but I've never seen runners to be such poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

On holidays in Spain and was treated on a few occasions to this same overweight German lad walking about the place, in and out of shops, in just his Speedos. Multiple different days I spotted him so not like he just got caught out needing a bottle of water or something.

Americans and their insistence on butchering the English language. You don't do something "on" accident, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Well played, well played. Hat tip to you, sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

People who wear sunglasses in the middle of winter. When the sun is a distant memory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA: Pins and needles in my leg while havin' a shite. There needs to be a name for this. It's not right 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tesco vouchers in the door this morning.

You'd think the value of the vouchers would have increased to reflect the extra I've spent because of price increases.

No chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I do this, mainly when driving. Winter sun is lower in the sky and can be blinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

To be fair that makes perfect sense. Its more people who wear them strolling along in the middle of November when the sun is buried behind blankets of cloud

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe they're nursing a hangover. Or they are ssssoooo famous they don't want to be recognised.😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There's a woman I work with who does this. She maintains it's for health reasons though, she also wears gloves in the middle of summer. I think she's worried about wrinkles or something? In fairness to her, she looks great for her age.

TA today: the gutters in the new house desperately need cleaned. We booked a guy to come clean them and told him that it was a 3 storey townhouse with no rear access, they have to come through the house to get to the back. Booked in for last wednesday but he "hurt his leg", rescheduled to yesterday but a "piece of equipment broke". He finally arrived out today, looked around and drove off again. When questioned, he said that there was "no access to the back" so he couldn't do the job. FFS, I specifically mentioned that in the booking. Why take the booking if you're not gonna bother reading it? And he didn't even ring the doorbell to ask, just drove off. So unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

High mid twenties outside and yet in our office the heating is on full. Yes 100% full

I wanted it cooler and lost that argument. I would have settled for halfway on the air condition scale and I lost that too, I was outnumbered

I will just sit here and simmer in the heat 8 hours a day so

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 16,937 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's valid grounds for murder. It's nearly 30 degrees, how the hell does anyone need heating?

I'm sweltering already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Rubbish product. If I pi**ed on the fence it would last longer. I used creocoat this year, fierce smell, but it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Having to go to a meeting and survey in an area with old dirt and some small hazards, with a need to wear jeans.

Was there for an hour and a half. Jeans were stuck to me 😣🤬. Itchy type of heat. Horrible.

But loving the weather. 😍😁🤗

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Voiceovers during telly programs where the spliced-in bits sound notably different in quality (echo/muffle etc.) I know many people do their jobs from home, but there reeeeally needs to be a minimum quality standard if they're gonna do it. There's an ad (We R8) where the "we care about the environment" bit sounds like it was an afterthought. And during one news report during the week, it sounded like the reporter had turned on Windows 98's *Alien Room* soundcard setting.

It is what it's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement