Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Having to constantly clean my glasses pisses me off. I seem to have to clean them once an hour. WTF is wrong with my face that it keeps spewing out dead skin and dirt onto the lenses?

When you’re fresh outta the shower squeaky clean and are then struck with the urge to take a crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People turning into lemmings in the rain.

Yeah I appreciate it's wet n windy but you're putting an awful lot of faith in my observation and stopping ability when you dart out from between parked cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Night owl gal

Bosh and Paddy :confused:
    That must be the guys who were banging outside your place last night.

TA Irish grafitti is so rubbish and such an eyesore, just names and penises and stupid symbols.
    Look at this great stuff they get in Brazil, why can't we get something like that?

https://img.theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/cranio-by-cranio-flickr.jpg

https://imgfc.com/uploads/sht/10172/opct_9859c1dc9fc707d1bb10ddc74d623c5c262704a8.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/b5/23/86/b52386788f72e094776878582c1f205a.jpg

Yeah I think its bosh and paddy, hard to make out. It must have been them, who were banging the other night. After seeing the pictures, I agree with you

Todays annoyance is being very busy, few medical appointments to attend today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When you’re fresh outta the shower squeaky clean and are then struck with the urge to take a crap

Or when you're just about to leave the house to get the bus/train to work and all of a sudden the urge comes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

RTE!! The way they put a headline on their news site that someone has for example been convicted of murder but put up a picture of the victim!

When you say man has been convicted you expect a picture of the that man, really confusing!

Have a look at the headline and picture on the RTE homepage now :mad:

https://www.rte.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

People who blabber on about themselves and their lives and problems at length but who don’t even bother to hide their boredom or indifference at anyone else talking about themselves to them, even briefly. I can’t imagine being that self-absorbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

A reminder folks - keep it light hearted in this thread & forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Getting annoyed at something, then realising you probably posted the same thing before. That's right: I'm still annoyed at the £ sign on keyboards sold here. I have an American keyboard at home, but not at work - so remembering where to find @ or " is also a TA.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Today is more than a TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who blabber on about themselves and their lives and problems at length but who don’t even bother to hide their boredom or indifference at anyone else talking about themselves to them, even briefly. I can’t imagine being that self-absorbed.

There's one of those in my office. Spends literally hours talking non stop about her kids (parents of grown up kids are often particularly bad for this), and dropping names of people and places she's encountered in some kind of bid to impress. But if you try to interject with your own story/ view whatever, she just keeps saying, "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" over you, which basically translates to stfu I'm not interested.

One of the many reasons I'm delighted to be WFH :D

bnt wrote: »
    Getting annoyed at something, then realising you probably posted the same thing before. That's right: I'm still annoyed at the £ sign on keyboards sold here. I have an American keyboard at home, but not at work - so remembering where to find @ or " is also a TA.

Just realised that. Why is there a dollar and pound sign but no euro? I wasn't TAd before about having to type "alt 0128" but now I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Antares35 wrote: »
    Just realised that. Why is there a dollar and pound sign but no euro? I wasn't TAd before about having to type "alt 0128" but now I am!

It's Alt Gr + 4 (dollar key) on mine €€€

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

or CTRL+ALT+4. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The weather, it's May FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People are so cliquey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People who think they are great singers and always go round singing in a big serious, impassioned, dramatic fashion. Shurrup yer crap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

There's one of those in my office. Spends literally hours talking non stop about her kids (parents of grown up kids are often particularly bad for this), and dropping names of people and places she's encountered in some kind of bid to impress. But if you try to interject with your own story/ view whatever, she just keeps saying, "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" over you, which basically translates to stfu I'm not interested.

One of the many reasons I'm delighted to be WFH :D

The absolute worst. The WORST. I have an aunt and uncle like that. I have never heard them talk about anything but their two “kids”. Kids in inverted commas because those kids are now 40ish. Oh and their grandchildren now that they have them. Seriously, in my 37 years on this planet, I’ve never heard them talk about anything else. It makes me very happy that my parents had many interests apart from their sprogs. I think it’s tragic to just talk about your children all the time.

And the “Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah” thing - eeww, I can just hear her say that even though I’ve never met her. Do these people ever achieve self-awareness? Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I woke up at 7 feeling fine.

Turned over for 15 minutes, then woke up again with a headache. Now I feel like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

"Please dispose Litter thoughtfully."

Printed on McDonald's receipts. Given the sheer number of people who see these things, you'd think they'd get the grammar and capitalisation right!

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The amount of safety incident reports that are sent here in work every day is ridiculous (and trivially annoying). There is a good 'safety culture' here which is a good thing, but e-mailing everybody about every little incident is too much.

One of the best ones though, was the person who reported an incident where they had closed their laptop on their own hand. Somebody else dropped a pen, and after picking it up, banged their head off their desk on the way up.

I suppose I am really glad they warn me of these dangers, if I'm being honest... ;)

The amount of safety incident reports that are sent here in work every day is ridiculous (and trivially annoying). There is a good 'safety culture' here which is a good thing, but e-mailing everybody about every little incident is too much.

One of the best ones though, was the person who reported an incident where they had closed their laptop on their own hand. Somebody else dropped a pen, and after picking it up, banged their head off their desk on the way up.

I suppose I am really glad they warn me of these dangers, if I'm being honest... ;)

Oh god :D you've just reminded me I've to draft a near miss policy. So, for anyone who nearly slams the laptop or almost hits their head on the way up from pen retrieval. Were they doing the bend and snap? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The inability of some institutions to deal with dead people. We just got a credit union letter for my Dad who died in 2011. We informed them at the time and they were part of the probate process but they must still have his details stored somewhere.

We also keep getting letters for some guy who lived in our house years ago. We sent about 10 of them back and even phoned the place a couple of times to say we don't know who he is but they still keep sending letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA that RTÉ want to tax Irish consumers on their Netflix, Prime, etc. subscriptions to fund the sh!te that they create.

Can't they take the hint that the Irish people would prefer to see the back of RTÉ?

Is there anything more TAing than the Boards rolleyes?

TA that RTÉ want to tax Irish consumers on their Netflix, Prime, etc. subscriptions to fund the sh!te that they create.

Can't they take the hint that the Irish people would prefer to see the back of RTÉ?

Oh god, beyond TA. With their stupid agenda, inflated egos and salaries etc. They really need to be nuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Oh god, beyond TA. With their stupid agenda, inflated egos and salaries etc. They really need to be nuked.

And I saw someone on Twitter mention that apparently it's Simon Coveny's brother that came up with this idea.

Not so much the back of RTÉ, but I reckon more the back of stiff upper body Tubridy, shouty O'Callaghan, omni-present Thomas, why-am-i-here Tiernan, f'in Ashmawy and plenty of others who are either massively overpaid, considerably under-talented or both :rolleyes: The place needs a massive shake-up, there's SO much unfound talent out there.

It is what it's.

Is there anything more TAing than the Boards rolleyes?

:rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Oh god :D you've just reminded me I've to draft a near miss policy. So, for anyone who nearly slams the laptop or almost hits their head on the way up from pen retrieval. Were they doing the bend and snap? :D
    A few years ago, they added zebra crossing lines in the car park area and beyond, just so that you know how you're supposed to cross the road. You get funny looks from a certain type of employee, if you do your own thing. Looking at some people moving from one building to another is like a family of ducks waddling along in a line. A family of robotic, corporate ducks... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement