Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Getting a smudge on your glasses, cleaning them, putting them back on only for another one to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

J. Marston wrote: »
    Getting a smudge on your glasses, cleaning them, putting them back on only for another one to pop up.

:D

Happens me all the time.

I am starting to think the smudge is on my eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Websites that load, and just as you are about to click on something, the page shifts up a bit, and you click on something else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

NIMAN wrote: »
    Websites that load, and just as you are about to click on something, the page shifts up a bit, and you click on something else.

BBC is brutal for that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

FB.
    Someone i know is selling "weightloss" on FB.
    You can lose ££££££s and still eat what you want.
    I cant believe people [women]still fall for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A few cafes in town have been granted permission by the council to put down a boardwalk on the road outside their premises for enclosed outdoor seating areas so they can open up in a couple of weeks. Delighted to see them making a go of it.

But the amount of blow-hards complaining about it on FB is ridiculous. If they aren't giving out about them taking up a car-space or two (usually by someone that doesn't even fecking drive), its the potential pollution of idling traffic for the diners, or the possibility of spilling tea on passers-by on the footpath!

These gob****es must think that as soon as June 7th comes around, everyone will be herded into places they don't want to go to. They certainly love to kill the buzz anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've a year left on my current employment contract. I see an announcement from an EU body looking for someone with a background in a specific area of biotech which I have. Great until I remember that I speak a grand total of one language.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Was in Penneys today and overheard two twelve year olds say “I’m definitely doing a haul of all this stuff on my insta stories later”. Lord be the jaysus the carry on.
    May as well have dug my plot there and then. Never felt as auld

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Was in Penneys today and overheard two twelve year olds say “I’m definitely doing a haul of all this stuff on my insta stories later”. Lord be the jaysus the carry on.
    May as well have dug my plot there and then. Never felt as auld

Are you on Instagram by any chance?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Are you on Instagram by any chance?

I am but I don’t think my 50 followers would have any interest in me showing them my women’s high leg briefs, slippers, ankle socks and pjs. It was the age of them that shook me, literal kids going on about doing hauls for their followers.. I get there is an interest in that kind of content but these wans were only out of the womb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Weird sleeping patterns

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Waking up with a headache and vertigo again this morning. Stupid weather really affects me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sites that ask for cookie permission(I get it's the law) BUT every single site every single time?
    As for the fact that each one of them handles the permissions differently, forcing me to trawl through the permissions constantly.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Crap road works signs, half the wording in a language most adults can't read because tweedy jacket clad Irish language lobbyists want it that way.
    Every third car stopping to ask directions because council can't be arsed putting up proper diversion signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Moving back to my house today after five months back at home for lockdown.

Know what I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really going to miss?

The hot tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Moving back to my house today after five months back at home for lockdown.

Know what I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really going to miss?

The hot tub.

At least you are away from that stupid mutt....silver lining

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

At least you are away from that stupid mutt....silver lining

New next door neighbours have moved in beside my house since I've been here. Tenner says they get themselves a Jack Russell within a week or so of me going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Dial Hard wrote: »
    New next door neighbours have moved in beside my house since I've been here. Tenner says they get themselves a Jack Russell within a week or so of me going home.

The devil in me so wants this to happen....but hopefully not :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could be a Chihuahua....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A capillary just burst on the joint of my ring finger. The pain is something else, I feel like I've bashed my finger with a hammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Over at MIL's house for lunch. I swear to god she just served us the same block of cheese she put out last time. I wouldn't touch it. There's no way her and FIL actually eat wensleydale themselves and it was already open so it must've been the same one from the last time. Which was over a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Anytime I open my laces my cat trys to claw and bite them like it's some kind of game

TA reading and hearing about all the people getting their vaccines - older people fair enough, but lots younger too - I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one not getting it. And I'm getting even more annoyed since registering - as if every millisecond since registering is a lifetime.
    COME ON appointment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Celebrities rolling in money with huge houses telling us they're "finding it hard" right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A small retail outlet that I've taken to buying the odd thing in. There's a very friendly young woman working there.
    Her line with customers (well, me, anyway) is, "are you up to much today?"

I absolutely hate being asked this. I know she's just being friendly and probably doesn't even require an answer but some day I'm afraid I'll blurt out that it's none of her business what I'm doing with my day!
    I usually mumble," not much " or something but that feels slightly rude.

I really hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Celebrities rolling in money with huge houses telling us they're "finding it hard" right now.
    Then going on SM crying their eyes out because it's so tough to be locked down in a mansion in the Hollywood Hills with it's own pool, gym, acres of garden and mini cinema.
    Spoofers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I love the Classic 9 at 11 on Today FM, especially trying to figure out the year solely by the songs.

But its so annoying when the presenter gives a clue along the lines of 'in this year, we all were playing Angry Birds/we couldn't get enough of Brangelina/ we all fell in love with the minions".

Speak for yourself, I didn't ever play Angry Birds nor follow any of the other things :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Then going on SM crying their eyes out because it's so tough to be locked down in a mansion in the Hollywood Hills with it's own pool, gym, acres of garden and mini cinema.
    Spoofers :rolleyes:

The desperate attempts to garner attention by so many celebrities during the lock down showed them for what they are imo which is a bunch of self obsessed narcissists

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That so many people seem to think that wealth protects you from depression and mental illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'd rather be crying in a Ferrari though :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement