Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People misspelling An Post as An Phost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've never seen that, but RTE broadcasters pronouncing it "Un Pussed" does my head in.

See also "Goredee", "Fianna Foyle" and the Dept of "Finnance". It's like a weird, RTE-specific version of RP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

My TA, morons sitting in the middle of the road at a T junction when waiting to turn right or left. No indicator, no awareness of the fact that the road is wider to allow one car to wait other left while another waits on the right. No, just sit slack-jawed in the middle, bonus points if they're looking at their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

An phoist.

Is there not some rule around verb and noun

Oifig an phoist

Fear an phoist.

It's been a minute since I studied Irish to be fair 😅

• Advertisement

I gave out about that before.

Reminds me of earlier.

Road perpendicular to main road. It's double laned both lanes turn right and left lane you can go left.

So taxi driver had already been weaving to get stuck at the red light.

Over to the right is a fire station and engine is flashing ready to pull out.

So when our lights go green all right turning cars will be blocking the fire station exit.

The engine is pulling onto the road obviously onto the left lane as it's empty as the main road lights had turned red to allow ours to go green..... everyone else on the road stays stationary even though it's a green light to ya know let the fire engine through but Mr taxi driver he goes into the junction into the engines way.....if it was a learner driver I'd give the benefit of the doubt ....but a person who makes a living from driving... frightening level of incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How Ireland is becoming such a rip off kip..

im googling and comparing physio prices and services, in my locality…came across this beaut…

A 60 minute physio session, 140 euros…

30 minutes, 75 euros..

im only posting the screenshot as people might not believe me, I’m not sure I believe me.

the 30 minute slot would be about 25 minutes of actual physio considering the time it takes to get in, into suitable attire, the reverse of that and making the payment…

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The way socks wander. YOU know. You take them off, leave them safe, but an hour later... One has vanished. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Toby the Jack Russell has loads of chewy toys and dog treats, yet he still prefers to chew on a withered old palm leaf he found in the back garden. Also my throat is really sore today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

e The way officials think they can email you at any time of day and any day.. They have secretaries; we don't

Just emailed them all off heading them all off at the proverbial pass until at least Monday; too tired! There is nothing urgent. And I am very tired!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I agree the prices are insane, but it also annoys me that a lot of people I know who might be playing junior soccer at best, or five a side more likely are going to these physios fairly regularly. It's a bit of a show for the lads on the local team. They love to have the slight muscle injury and creating doubt about themselves being able to play in the 'big game'.

The lack of pockets in female clothes.

Just want to bring keys and phone...either have to carry them in my hand or bring a handbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

An Post is correct as the name of the postal service. 'An Phoist' is correct in the phrases 'Oifig an Phoist' and 'Fear an Phoist' because they're in the genitive case ('the office of the post', 'the man of the post'.) But it's been over 30 years since I studied Irish... 😉

My trivial annoyance is people interrupting me while I'm having my breakfast. I share a work area with one other person, and while he goes to the canteen, I have something to eat at my desk. I might only be having a sandwich but I'd like to have it in peace. And there seems to be a relay event where, as one person leaves, another comes in immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Garth Brooks this, Garth Brooks that.

Imagine, an international performer arrived into a country a few days before his concert, and it made news. He was hardly going to rock up the morning of the gig now was he?

A quick google tells me that he is nowhere on the list of most popular country singers of 2022. Would any of the top 5, Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Cody Johnson, Chris Stapleton or Jason Aldean, even have enough of a following for one gig over here? No self-respecting American (who we all love to emulate) even listens to that genre anyway. It's of the NRA, bible-belt and Republican Party. Yet over here, Moira from Roscommon is dusting down her stetson and wetting herself at the prospect of seeing "Gareth".

It's all a bit.....strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

So people from Roscommon are meant to carry a political grudge against the American South? Not everyone is a politics-junkie who connects everything in life to being anti-Trump, anti-Brexit etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

yes unfortunately the demand is what is contributing to the skyrocketing of prices. I also think demand shouldn’t mean that people are asked to pay that much money for a service that at the point of delivery is very low on overheads… if there was a shortage of car mechanics we wouldn’t been saying it’s alright to be paying 300 euros for a standard service…

I was reading only two days ago, an article in the examiner regarding the chronic shortage of physiotherapists in Ireland. They referred to the NRH being unable to offer people the full courses of physiotherapy and were trying without success to recruit 5 physiotherapists to fill vacancies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

40 something, ungrateful, passive aggressive man child, I wish to god he would just f off out of our lives for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the chase has been replaced by ITN news special about Lizzie.

Still hacking away and felt like my sore throat was coming back last night. Rang the doctor again today and they put me back on steroids and an antibiotic now too. Went to collect them earlier and the pharmacist goes "I don't know why they didn't do this in the first place. I knew when you were filling the first prescription that it wasn't going to do anything".

So I've been sick for two weeks longer than I needed to be. Thanks Doc!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,801 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

How much he sh!te talks about Ireland is what annoys me. There's a reason why he isn't popular in Europe. Him singing about God and the Bible, would ya ever f**k off with your stupid twang and cowboy hat. I honestly feel sorry for anyone living near Croke Park

• Advertisement

All 5 terrestrial uk tv stations are showing ( the same show? ) about the queen of England.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,801 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There's no analysis on the football either because of it

Turned over to sky sorts news and it’s on there too. FFS i think everyone knows at this stage

It's official protocol for UK broadcasters, folks. Switch over if it's bothering you.

My TA is my parents' over-smoothing TV. Even with it switched off everything looks like a bad US 80s drama.

Oh I thought only the BBC would be held to that . Watching the driver interviews ahead of Monza now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'm not getting the whole buzz about the Queen of England's death.

An aul mass card and a sorry for your loss would suffice. Prime time special. Not so much

Walked upon a elderly woman walking her dog, not much older than me.Her dog took a pooh and she kicked into the road.When I asked if she was going to pick it up,she kindly told me to f myself.

Our oul collie would rather catch a rabbit ( very scarce) and drink from a dirty puddle instead of the fresh water and dog food put out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My throat and the side of my tongue are still sore today, and I've also got a painful zit on my right bumcheek that hurts like hell when I sit down. My arms and head are also full of scratches from cutting down and pulling out briars in my garden. My boss jokingly asked me was I fighting with a cat 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl asking how my latest round of studying is going, as per I say* its hard(as in deed it is with a selection os sld's which interrupt the learning process at every turn)

They respond with something like "Oh well, keep it up/keep going"

Yup that helps when I'm banging my head against a brick wall bc I don't remember or understand a previous piece of information.

* I tell ppl the truth about how hard it is for me without a memory to learn, as difficulties are swept under the carpet which has a negative influence on ppl who are recently diagnosed with a learning difficulty.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement