Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A small retail outlet that I've taken to buying the odd thing in. There's a very friendly young woman working there.
    Her line with customers (well, me, anyway) is, "are you up to much today?"

I absolutely hate being asked this. I know she's just being friendly and probably doesn't even require an answer but some day I'm afraid I'll blurt out that it's none of her business what I'm doing with my day!
    I usually mumble," not much " or something but that feels slightly rude.

I really hate it.
    There's a fella like that in an Indian takeaway I go to sometimes. "Working away ?" etc any time i go in , even i have never spoken to him on to give him my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Dropping a blueberry this morning which hits off my leg and disappears into another dimension. I'm 100% sure it will magically materialise later on for me to step on it.

I just had to move my fridge and found a blueberry under it, so clearly there is a portal between your kitchen and under my fridge.

Next time kindly drop money instead of soft fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

A small retail outlet that I've taken to buying the odd thing in. There's a very friendly young woman working there.
    Her line with customers (well, me, anyway) is, "are you up to much today?"

I absolutely hate being asked this. I know she's just being friendly and probably doesn't even require an answer but some day I'm afraid I'll blurt out that it's none of her business what I'm doing with my day!
    I usually mumble," not much " or something but that feels slightly rude.

I really hate it.

I really hate this too and im not even sure why. I don't know if its the futility the question, the forced need to then answer when I dont feel like it or just the sheer nosiness or over familiarity.
    TA I'm irritated by your TA as if your shopkeeper had asked me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

RTÉ will enter a rap-rock act for next year's Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cj maxx wrote: »
    There's a fella like that in an Indian takeaway I go to sometimes. "Working away ?" etc any time i go in , even i have never spoken to him on to give him my order.

There's a Chinese market near me and the woman always said, "you're busy?" to me whenever I shopped . Turned out after a few years of this that she thought I was running a restaurant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think my sugar hangover might be worse than my whiskey hangover. I'm so old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

My taxi driver decided to try and skip the long queue of traffic by going down the wrong side of the road only to be met with an oncoming car and having to reverse all the way back again. People were justifiably beeping and giving dirty looks. What an total clown! I didn't even say I was in a hurry and the meter was running, so just sit back and earn the fare ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What the hell is going on in Salthill, Galway today, is it Boy Racers Day or something, the sound of engines roaring all around the place.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That so many people seem to think that wealth protects you from depression and mental illness.

But wait, they can use money for goods and services, including health services, they dont have to wait in line like Joe Schmoe.

Money takes the sting out of being poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

People...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

30% OFF EVERYTHING *

* Not everything

(nike.com)

---

"Always up to 60% off"

- you mean always at least 0% off?

(TK Maxx)

---

"Lab-made diamonds"

- you mean fake diamonds, right?

(Pandora)

---

... and other marketing sh!te.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Catching sight of my huge arse in the baby monitor. If you think the camera adds ten pounds, try walking past baby monitor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Antares35 wrote: »
    Catching sight of my huge arse in the baby monitor. If you think the camera adds ten pounds, try walking past baby monitor! :D

Baby got back :D

Noisy neighbours again. It is like party central for these losers but I have to work and concentrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people drag their feet when walking especially when wearing noisy shoes!

*It's fine if you have some type of issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Whatever sadistic bastard decided that a metal tube was the best way to convey tomato paste. You can never get all the paste out of the tube and it feels like such a waste. You can also cut your finger on the damn metal trying to squeeze out the last dregs.

Information leaflets in antibiotics boxes. I don't know why I read the bloody thing. Now I'm convinced I'm going to get pericarditis or have a heart attack or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Happy Birthday to Bob Dylan.....Me arse!!

Grumpy bastard wouldn’t know happy if it jumped up and bit his balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My child has started to talk with an American accent and saying stuff like "oh my gawd, I did not know that"

Would ya get up the yard, it's far from that you were reared!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

But wait, they can use money for goods and services, including health services, they dont have to wait in line like Joe Schmoe.

Money takes the sting out of being poor.

yeah... it doesn't protect one from becoming mentally unwell.. but its definitely helps if unwell.. the public mental health care system is dire... at least if you have money you can pay to go private (therapy, private in patient care etc)..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've run out of bookshelf space again. I literally have nowhere else in my sitting room to put more shelves. Going to have to start colonising the rest of the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

“If I could catch it in a jaaahhh”…..just eff off and learn how to speak please,thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My child has started to talk with an American accent and saying stuff like "oh my gawd, I did not know that"

Would ya get up the yard, it's far from that you were reared!!

Does she watch Fair City by any chance...if so, I’d blame it
    On that young one....the wannabe influencer. I don’t know if she puts it on
    For the part or if she really speaks like that, but Christ it’s very grating on the
    Ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Does she watch Fair City by any chance...if so, I’d blame it
    On that young one....the wannabe influencer. I don’t know if she puts it on
    For the part or if she really speaks like that, but Christ it’s very grating on the
    Ears.

Oh god no, they'd be booted out :D

Still at cartoon age so either a cartoon or school, I suspect school..... we're northsiders ....feckin notions!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

House is so quiet now that life is back to normalish, for my stress levels I need to avoid the news.
    TA I can't find a middle of the road radio station that isn't annoying, plays the wrong music, has news bulletins or whose DJ talks too much or has an irritating accent.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

going clothes shopping in May when the weather is like Autumn and the only clothes available are for summer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A person who knows nothing about my life and its complexity, arguing with me on what I did to have the life they consider to be
    "wrong".

tatatatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA you can't put someone on ignore on the touch site.

My TA inniú is that any handsoap with Moisturising schlapped on it inevitably ends up drying my hands out as much as white spirit :facepalm:

It is what it's.

Bredabe wrote: »
    House is so quiet now that life is back to normalish, for my stress levels I need to avoid the news.
    TA I can't find a middle of the road radio station that isn't annoying, plays the wrong music, has news bulletins or whose DJ talks too much or has an irritating accent.

Try this, it's kept me sane the last two years! :)
    https://www.chocolatradio.com/

(ok so the jingles are in a French accent, but there's no news or ads)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    New next door neighbours have moved in beside my house since I've been here. Tenner says they get themselves a Jack Russell within a week or so of me going home.

So the new neighbours burn rubbish in their back garden.

They paid over 400 grand for that house, but apparently bin charges are beyond them.

Fcuk sake. Why are people such dicks???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement