Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

When you burn the roof of your mouth and everything stings especially a nice glass or booze

getting hungry after a dump 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sounds like the school WhatsApp when the self appointed one makes another of her pronouncements..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yep.

You also get cases where young Mark lost his jumper and his mother does a shout out asking if anyone brought is home by mistake. The only person you need to hear from is the person that has it. Instead you get 20 responses saying No (insert childs name here) doesn't have it.

Drives me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I suppose they reply to acknowledge the message and verify that they have checked...then by process of elimination you can figure out who the "culprit" is.

There's always someone in a group that mutes the group, so if you can figure out it might be them you can message them directly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Oh no. Inevitably the person finds it in the boot of their car 20 comments later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ok that did make me laugh out loud.

Funny cos it's true 🤣🤣 🤣🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

On a similar note, if someone asks for a recommendation on a Facebook page, for say, a plumber and John Smith is recommended.

There's no need for twenty more posts saying John Smith. You can just like the post if you want to show you're recommending him too. In fact on one page, the admin have put that in as a rule, just like the post. No need to have twenty/ thirty posts with the same name.

Also, do a search, and stop asking the same fecking questions over and over.

There's even a folder with tradespeople listed - plumber, electrician, you name it, they are there. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm so unfit I genuinely thought I was going to have a heart attack going up a slight hill on a bike earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hello Germany

You fought the entire modern world in 2 wars.

You are the largest economy in Europe.

Your engineering is world renowned

Why, the fcuk do you keep misspelling my name. It's not BRAIN!

Not an isolated incident. Multiple individuals, repeatedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

One of cats leaving half eaten rodents around the patio

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was watching an episode of ‘Britains most evil killers. This one is about 2 English cnuts who murdered 2 Irish girls in the 70’s in Ireland . TA is interviewing the Detective on the case, a Munster man from his , not unintelligible accent, but they showed subtitles for him.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

The sheer number and loudness of buzzes, beeps, bings and dings on Dublin busses. I don't have heightened senses (as far as I'm aware) but furkin hell, it must be a traumatic journey for anyone who does. 🙉

Just for reference, the original ticket machines just used to go "grrrnch... MIP!", now it's "beep, beep, BEEEEEEEEEEEP"

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that it's only Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The fact that it is my first day working this week and the week is still too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Annoyed at being given the run-around, I got a special cake to snack on in the park,

found a nice forward fronting seat and headed to it, rat runs across my path into the bushes in front of the seat.

while I'm not daft enough to not know there are around but rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

put me right off my bun.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you have to drive in the dark after not doing it for months!

Watching what I thought was Electric motor racing till they showed the winner sitting at a computer with a a head set. I feel cheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Took the sheets off the bed this morning and put them in the wash, went to go to bed tonight and I never put sheets back on the bed. I was so tempted to just sleep in one of the spare rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know people are always on about checkouts and making them more efficient/cashless, etc.

However one thing I find really slows thing down is having clubcards on phone.

Before it use be on people's keys and some had to route one our of a wallet/bag.

Now they've to find the phone, unlock it and figure out where the app it and then figure out how to get the card up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've cut my thumb twice recently on the sharp part of the sellotape dispenser.

It's a nasty cut they give 😒

To thine own self be true

I'm from the country, and was taught by my parents how to walk þhem safely. One main thing is ALWAYS walk on the outside of a corner. Ie if walking on a left handed corner cross the road and walk it on the right.. assuming there's no footpath of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm still in hospital since Monday so I've loads of TAs but I'll keep it short. After a day, the cannula in my left arm stopped working.

They tried the left hand (didn't work), tried a different area of the left arm (didn't work), then tried the right hand (didn't work), then tried a different person doing it on the right hand and success!

But now my right hand is out of action during the many occasions I'm on the IV drip. I've to my left hand to type now, and when eating so I feel like some sort of sinister left-handed freak! *

*(Strangely enough, I'm feeling more creative and intelligent, and I bet I'd be great at tennis at the moment. 🤔😉)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mmrs

'ize' where it could/should be 'ise'. I realize this is widely accepted now here in Ireland, but still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was Qing at a till in a localish shop, a twentysomething man stood just behind me,

as the person in front of me moved so did I right to the end of the till surround, man beside me moved to within an inch of me, I was wearing a mask as I have a cough, so I coughed to make a point, no movement from the man(if I moved I would be away from the till) still about an inch from me. so I coughed again and he moved back throwing me a dirty look.

I cant quantify the ta of this but one of them is stealing a woman's personal space and another is covid isnt gone why riskit by take the personal space of someone you think is not worthy of it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Oooh controversial one. It depends on the word as to which is correct but Americans have standardized* it to ize for all words.

ise or ize may be correct in English.

It would make sense to have a standard tbf as I wouldn't have a clue as to which word should be ise or which should be ize.

In your own post you spelt realise as realize!!!

*see what I did there🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a day free from effort, exertion, exercising, having to be anywhere … no appointments or commitments, work of any regard which is just as well…

I woke up this morning fücked dot com, total jetlag syndrome, fair enough I had a busy day yesterday but when your neighbour is getting a new roof put on and the assorted workmen are assembling from about 7.15am…. The roofing didn’t start till after 9.am but before that vans arriving and departing, doors being slammed, instructions being shouted, scaffolding unloaded and erected…. The majority before 8 am..

the actual roofing job, the work is 10000000 decibels quieter then the setup, only a dull drilling and soft tapping.. odd that a job like this starts on a Thursday but you can be sure then they’ll be at it Saturday and early too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

ATMs - I don't have to draw cash very often but it seemed usually that the machines only had €50 notes.

Today I would have liked a €50 note but I got two twenties and a ten 😉 Not a problem but a TA

On a related note I notice a lot of the main bank branded ones have been replaced by Euronet or something and they always strike me as a bit dodgy!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement