Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My boss came into work with a head cold on Wednesday, despite the rules being don't come in if you're sick, full stop. I had an hour long meeting with him in what was essentially a sealed pod (we have soundproof booths that can be used for sensitive/confidential stuff). He emailed the team this morning to say he has Covid.

Well cheers, dude. So good of you to make sure you potentially spread the wealth with us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The dog's food has gone up by over €30 since the last time I ordered it and even then, it had just increased by about €20!!! Unfortunately, I have no alternative but to get it as he is on a highly restricted diet, and this is the only food that our vet said to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

And if the shoe had been on the other foot, you’d probably end up with a disciplinary hearing and the same condescending schmuck talking down to you and quoting policy and letting you known how you’ve endangered staff, families etc….Manglement never cease to amaze.

my TA is my parents are at loggerheads, my mother fancies a week away, in the sun the end of next month…neither been away since the pandemic… My dad however enjoys holidays here now, he’s not a fan of flying any more and just doesn’t regard the hassle of airports as being worth it… probably an age thing too…I can empathise…slightly…

but I’m thinking that an overall change of scenery and good weather is what’s required… a nice luxury four star hotel with excellent views, pool, service, organised trips, general stuff to do and good food all with +20 degrees backdrop heading toward winter is way better..

im suggesting the away trip for now somewhere warm and going somewhere here next summer when the weather might be a little warmer and reliable.

he sometimes enjoys the familiarity of things, being able to communicate with staff easily and always liked the Castlecourt in Westport, it’s an exquisite four star it really is but grand for a weekend, but what you do in Westport for a whole week ? They’ve been there before too so….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

In the office today and I'm at a loss for work to do. A good complaint but I can't really sit here browsing holidays to Mexico now can I?

Or can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Isn’t about 80% of office work just looking busy? Be sure to keep huffing a bit, maybe dash over to the printers and run back to your desk. Act like your next cup of tea/coffee is more of an inconvenience than a break.

Anyone doing any “real work” on a Friday after 3pm is either very unlucky or they aren’t very good at their job.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Try living offshore! They actually promise delivery at a set time as clearly they have no idea where INIS is. Then they claim to have delivered it miles away...at the house of someone I have never heard of..and that is the last time it is ever seen... Even before I came out here,, a farmer came to my home about two courier parcels he had found in his cattle field... . An Post and their couriers are excellent....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bit extreme for a “trivial” annoyance, no?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Just jumped into the bath and as soon as my arse hit the bottom, I realised I left my book downstairs 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

RTÉ announcing that they are going to air the Queen's funeral. Like why? When did she rule us? Aren't they only supposed to air the funerals of former Irish presidents and Taoisigh?

I swear RTÉ and FFFG won't be happy until we are all under a union jack again with their carry on this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The 'th' pronounced by certain Irish folk.

Some don't pronounce the H when it's needed, and others do when it shouldn't be.

We've all heard THIGH said as TIE.

Just heard a guy on today fm news pronounce the H in Thames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I just cannot warm up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That it’s my birthday today and I completely forgot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The rest of us didn't.

We all got together to see what we'd get you and decided to get nothing at all.

Shur it's the thought that counts! 😁

Happy birthday btw.

I would have preferred a winning euromillions ticket and WHEN I win it I’ll think of you all 😛😛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TikTok it's the most addictive social media site I've ever used even tough I've never posted on it.

I like the user friendly and fun and accessible nature of tiktok, the amount of headbangers who post content though, can be a bit of a minefield to sort the good from the odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Speaking to a young protestant lad during the week from up north thwt was down for the day. We were speaking of the Queens death and the following words actually came out of his mouth.

"Are you closing down here on Monday for the bank holiday?"

Now, I know that this thread is about TA which this didn't annoy in any form. But I've buried a slight indentation on the side of my scull from scratching my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When you park kerbside and delighted with yourself for getting a "decent" spot, but then you remember what child you have with you and their carseat is opening onto the road.

Not such a decent spot now, ffs !!

Double barrelled names. Michelle McDonald Zuchoski I’m talking to you.

Conor Pope always saying switch energy/service provide to save money. We heard you the first time.

People who don't recycle their upstairs stuff. I just put something in a friend's bathroom bin and it was full of toilet roll cores, deodorant cans and empty shampoo bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

People who rummage through bins.

Looking at you Dial Hard, with a vengeance

Exhales. I've being waiting 6 months to get that out 😄

It's one bin I always separate when I get outside because we've enough stuff in the bathroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

There is really poor phone signal in the local Dunnes. People spend forever getting the app to work because of it. I can feel the rage inside of me just thinking about it

Just having a lazy Saturday in front of the TV…watch some comedy and sport. The Na Fianna vs Whitehall game on TV is ultra competitive, fast, skillful and entertaining….. until Whitehall get blitzed for scores, decide to start fouling for fun to slow down the Na Fianna lads, the referee seems to have left the rule book in the toilet where he probably read it last and Whitehall they get back into it… jokeshop of a game and refereeing performance, what are referees in this sport doing, nothing for the game.

Two Whitehall points courtesy of brutal refereeing… as I type a brilliant tackle by the Na Fianna full back is incorrectly judged as a foul and an easy point for the Whitehall lads.

I was in Tesco lately and I went to scan my clubcard at the Scan as you Shop station but it was looking for somebody had walked away without their gun.

I managed to reset it and I heard a lady asking a member of staff asking ''Would she get Clubcard prices because she'd scanned her clubcard at the door?'' The staff member was like ''Are you doing Scan as you shop?'' She ''No''.

She wasn't even that old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am not that old and have no idea what you are talking about here?

What is the gun for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement