Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So the new neighbours burn rubbish in their back garden.

They paid over 400 grand for that house, but apparently bin charges are beyond them.

Fcuk sake. Why are people such dicks???

Rubbish or leaves? Not that it really matters much. I had it happen in my area not too long ago, it was a gardener who did the burning not the home owner.

Didn’t change the fact that the wash I’d put out on the line myself now reeked of smoke. Next time it happens call the fire brigade or the Gards. You can say you thought their house was on fire.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I drive through an area where the speed limit is 40, and they have a few of the displays that show your speed. Up to 39 and your speed comes up grand, nice and green and calm. Once you hit forty, the attitude changes and it starts flashing red and saying SLOW DOWN as if you you just belted through at 90.
    40 is the posted max speed, so stop accusingly flashing at me you solar powered robotic bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

YouTube ads starting to get notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Aidric wrote: »
    YouTube ads starting to get notions.

YouTube adding video recommendations to the end of videos before they finish is worse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

People scheduling daily conference calls at 5pm

I start before 8am and was all set to go home but no, I cannot due to this late meeting

There is a special place in hell for these people

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

mikemac2 wrote: »
    People scheduling daily conference calls at 5pm

I start before 8am and was all set to go home but no, I cannot due to this late meeting

There is a special place in hell for these people

Lunch meetings are another one. A plate of poxy sandwiches and a few crisps is meant to make up for taking away the only hour of the working day I can half tolerate? One benefit of lockdown is that these have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Went to the Pavilions shopping center earlier... headed into one of the fashion clothing retailers, picked out four T-shirts, one sweater, two light summer jackets...

I was tired after my exercise class, and with covid and tiredness I didn’t want to try on so just put clothing against my frame and bought what I thought would fit...I was SURE everything fit....but alas no, I’m reasonably tall, but not humongous, sizes purchased were large and aside from one jacket and the sweater everything is too short when I try them.... so need to head back tomorrow to exchange.... not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

People who think a very minor rush-hour bump between two (apparently undamaged) cars requires Garda presence. Not only that, but both cars must remain in the exact location where the collision occurred, and can't possibly be moved onto the hard shoulder. I drove past it a few hours later and they were still there, still waiting for the Gardai, still causing traffic chaos with the scene 'preserved'. Could still be there, for all I know.

I was rear-ended on the M50 last year. Traffic suddenly slowed down and the car behind me didn't manage to stop in time. Rather than blocking the M50 at 5pm because of a small dent in my bumper, I got her to follow me to the next junction and it took less than a minute to swap details and take a couple of quick photos. It never even occurred to me to get the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Emptying the washing machine to hang stuff out, or emptying the dryer to put stuff away, and finding that most of the trousers have one leg inside out. Tops the same, so many have one arm inside out.

There is no point mentioning it to OH and kids, I'll only get an eye roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So the new neighbours burn rubbish in their back garden.

They paid over 400 grand for that house, but apparently bin charges are beyond them.

Fcuk sake. Why are people such dicks???

Are they the Irish Beverley Hillbillies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Bredabe wrote: »
    House is so quiet now that life is back to normalish, for my stress levels I need to avoid the news.
    TA I can't find a middle of the road radio station that isn't annoying, plays the wrong music, has news bulletins or whose DJ talks too much or has an irritating accent.

You could try some good internet radio stations such as Bay Radio and also 8 Radio (ran by Simon Maher formerly of Phantom and TXFM)
    I stopped listening to the regular Radio over a year ago because of the persistent, repetitive Covid ads.

Anyway my TA is that I ordered two large t-shirts online from Zara. One fits perfectly while the other is like Homer Simpson's fat guy Mumu, a total bag of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Modern plasters.
    Some are like plasters we've all known - they come out of a little packet and have backing in two pieces on the sticky bits. It's pretty obvious how to apply these ones.

But others....
    They still have the packet but when you take them out, there's a film over the outside of the plaster, too. Do you take this off first or last?
    I usually end up trying to take this pointless film off after applying the plaster but it is then stuck in the overlap or the plaster and wants to pull the plaster off!
    Thankfully, I don't use plasters enough to cop on to whatever the correct technique and half the ones you come across aren't these stupid ones, anyway.

Does anyone know how to apply these things without cursing?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

On boards: Lazy responses such as "I'd say you're great craic at parties" or else a one word response to the OP, adds nothing to the conversation and it's just rude. On a seperate note, why do so many on this board need to disagree in such a rude way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Whatever sadistic bastard decided that a metal tube was the best way to convey tomato paste. You can never get all the paste out of the tube and it feels like such a waste. You can also cut your finger on the damn metal trying to squeeze out the last dregs.

Yes but I fell like it tastes better out of the tube than tins, am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Oymyakon wrote: »
    On boards: Lazy responses such as "I'd say you're great craic at parties" or else a one word response to the OP, adds nothing to the conversation and it's just rude. On a seperate note, why do so many on this board need to disagree in such a rude way?

OP bashing is annoying. Happens a lot where someone who seems to have a genuine issue is examined forensically by some posters in order to turn the blame around on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mimon wrote: »
    OP bashing is annoying. Happens a lot where someone who seems to have a genuine issue is examined forensically by some posters in order to turn the blame around on them.

Sometimes it's deserved, though.
    The stingiest thread is great for that when posters don't realise that they are the stinge in the story!

I just received a work related email. The person has listed all their credentials under their name and then 'she/her'. I have to pick my eyes out from the back of my head. Stupid pronoun shìte and a list of 'aren't I so greats'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

"Comptroller".

Antares35 wrote: »
    "Comptroller".

And Auditor General :p

And Auditor General :p

I know! I can't hear "comptroller" without a voice in my head saying "and auditor general" :D

Another TA I've some maternity tops I got second hand from the recycling group, which is great, except one of them says "it started with a kiss" on it. Even if I could forgive the crass, cheesey slogan, any time I see it I literally spend the rest of the day with that song stuck in my head, but only the part where yer man shrieks, "you don't remember me do you?!" Eugh :(

• Advertisement

I just received a work related email. The person has listed all their credentials under their name and then 'she/her'. I have to pick my eyes out from the back of my head. Stupid pronoun shìte and a list of 'aren't I so greats'

So like..

Frank O’Neill (him)

Ann Morrissey (Her)

?:eek:?:eek:? What a world / society :rolleyes:

Should terminate people who do that shît, I don’t mean sack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Strumms wrote: »
    So like..

Frank O’Neill (him)

Ann Morrissey (Her)

Should terminate people who do that shît, I don’t mean sack them, actually terminate them off the face of the planet.

Don't mention it in the Unpopular Opinions thread. It's an emotive subject :eek:

Getting diesel earlier. Pump trickled out about 30c worth of fuel before stopping, presumably because it ran out. So I moved to another pump which worked perfectly. When paying, I informed the young lad at the till that pump 1 had stopped working so they were aware of it- he added the 30c to the bill. The ingrate :D

So like..

Frank O’Neill (him)

Ann Morrissey (Her)

Like this.

Joe bloggs
    Master of the County
    Head of the Country
    Ruler of the World
    He/Him

List of publications bla bla bla.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Clingfilm . Wraps around itself, sticks to itself , bundles itself into a lump or simply refuses to be tamed or let you find the start of it

Electric touch screen hobs

Ultimate piece of form over function - there’s a fancy new one in new place I just moved into and I ****ing hate it! Spending ages standing poking at the same spot because it can’t “read” your finger or something, ****ing infuriating, honestly what’s wrong with a simple knob or button you can just turn to select your heat?? ****ing pain in the arse yuppy designers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Another dog walker, packaged their mutt egg in the free bag but then attempts to hide it under a bench on a scenic walk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So like..

Frank O’Neill (him)

Ann Morrissey (Her)

There will come a time when we will all do this due to company policy or public reputation (linkedin/facebook)

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There will come a time when we will all do this due to company policy or public reputation (linkedin/facebook)

What a time to be alive.

What a time to be alive.

It's only barely preferable to the alternative :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've had a migraine since Monday. The painkillers haven't really worked, they've just given me a bellyache.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement