Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,500 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Button fly jeans for men.

Why exactly?

A zip works far better for men, why do 95% of jeans for us have buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

my aunt, my Dads sister… an inconsiderate, attention seeking drama llama… would you not leave my Dad, enjoy his damn weekend, his Sunday in peace without having to lift the phone to infiltrate his time and mind space with your latest drama, mishap or fûckup…. ?It’s a weekly thing now …. Today for example I’m with my folks for lunch and at 13.47… phone rings, it’s her, literally seconds just before the food is plated. My dad seeing her number can’t not answer… of course 😒 … three of us eat while he storms around getting numbers from an old book, imparting advice and planning further assistance 🙄 his dinner ends up in the microwave and he eventually starts as dessert is plated for the rest of us.

his sister has three actively intelligent offspring of sound mind and good financial resources…too clever for their own good in two cases however…. all in their mid 40’s to early 50’s…. So why every mishap, misstep, tail of misery and woe needs to mean, getting my Dad in his ‘80’s involved… ? at this stage a bit of cop on and leave the man relax and enjoy his life ffs.. especially Sunday afternoon at 13.47…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Being a traditional musician, we turn up for our sessions in packed out pubs, there is a corner set out for the musicians with a placard on the table clearly stating that. When we turn up, most will move out of the corner, but you always get some, mainly a couple who will stay thinking they're immune to this rule because they like the trad and usually its my seat the bodhran players and room for my drums who is standing about awkwardly trying to get them to move.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Can't get a good nights sleep with shoulder/neck pain, restless legs and to top it off the night temp is just getting low enough for a blanket, but then end up kicking it off after a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Pizza and lasagne eaten today both repeating on me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just as I was falling happily asleep a loud gale woke up and started ranting...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bloody boy racers out for over 2 hours now revving, tires screeching and racing by the sounds of it. How the hell is this allowed to carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Woke up to my third sore throat since June. Wtf, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

*In the queue to pay for your shopping

Customer ahead of you:

"Oops! Sorry I forgot something, back in a second!"

*Disappears for 5 minutes while everyone else waits and then eventually returns.

Customer: "Ohh it doesn't matter, I couldn't find it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭snowgal

when you have a boss that just has to point out the tiniest problem in what was otherwise a really good evening. we hosted something on friday night, alot of work went into it and went really well, better than we expected actually. everybody delighted with how it went and leaving on a high note. que boss comment: before you go, just to say xxxxx could've been done better, aghhhhhh! why why why..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A member of our team who is with us about 3 months is late every…single…day. You’d think an employee would be careful on probation, oh well

Today she was 30 minutes late with no explanation and so our morning meeting was delayed

My 1st TA is the manager warned the entire team about punctuality. We all got given out to instead of calling out the offender!

My 2nd TA is the employee spent today acting the martyr and complaining about traffic. She lives 5km away yet others who are 60km away manage to get her on time. Me, I get 2 buses and get here on time and now have to listen to her moaning

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I worked with someone like that. Instead of taking it on, the senior manager would say something at staff meetings about punctuality which only pissed off the rest of us.

She 'worked' part-time and he was the one signing off on her imaginary hours without ever saying a word. It made everyone else lose all respect for him.

One of the last days that I worked on that team, she was in on time for once, and straightaway started wondering could she leave early because of that... She had a very short commute by Dart, into the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,500 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The previous 2 posts must made me realise how much I hate those people who decide themselves that they are 'entitled ' to certain working conditions or flexibility the rest of us aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's 2022 and you're asked, when resolving a technical issue with your service provider ... do you have an iPhone or a Samsung ?

People who employ walls of text as a weapon to shut down debate because they know nobody can be arsed reading them and they can pull out the "You didn't even reply to all my points" response that they think is such a gotcha.

It's so transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I know it's been said before but oscar acceptance speech posts on LinkedIn. I read one today for a dude that got a new job, and he tagged 13 people, 3 companies and a college in it.

Apparently if you make this person "think beyond the boundaries" you'll be randomly tagged in an embarrassing post at some point in the future.

Fcuk off, nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Getting messages from AIB that unusual activity. But I’m not going to give details over the phone to you , because at this stage I don’t know who to trust !!

And your right to not trust thoses.Very convincing scam,can see how some get taken by it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have about 6 toaster bags. I used two three days ago. I've been searching everywhere, but I can't find any of them at all, anywhere, now. I'm sure that if I go out and buy another set, I'll come back home and find the lot of them, so I'm not gonna! I'm going to use parchment paper instead. So there, in your face, toaster bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Cloudy night here means I won't get to see Jupiter, her bands and some of her moons. This once in a lifetime event won't occur again until 2129!!!

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I'm falling in love and it scares the absolute bejaysis out of me. I went through hell when my marriage ended, opened myself up once since and it didn't go well so my instinct now is to to cut and run to protect myself and I hate that that's how I think now.

I wish you the best and suggest run with it and see what happens good or bad.Don't let the past dictate your future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Worth a punt, you've picked yourself up and dusted yourself before. You can do it again but might not have to. There's no comfort in looking back and regretting not trying.

My TA, Monday. Why does Friday always seem so far away on Monday? I should probably change my name to Bob Geldof at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sheeting with rain and high winds... Need to light the stove... But the coal and turf are out there. It was that job I kept meaning to do all day yesterday.... Good intentions do not keep you warm.. Think I will just stay snug abed today....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’m pretty sure I’m heading for a crash and I am already annoyed about the aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Boring budget/vote buying coverage on radio all day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They've an RTE news channel now. I don't understand why they can't just put it on along with Prime Time/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Twice last week I was told cash only when paying for something !

Feck off with yourselves... we all have to pay tax / bills

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Leading from that, no cash van comes to my old town anymore and the cash machine was unceremoniously yoinked too. Only big shop limits to fifty cash back in a transaction as it's up to him to fetch his own cash and change over an hours drive away.. Wtaf?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

lidl have chocolate santas and xmas pudding already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement