Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cat demanding OUT loudly when you have just settled back into bed....

AND hard rain when I had been hopin g got an early walk....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Having to put up with attitude in work from sour middle aged spinsters who are devoid of social skills and have no life whatsoever outside of their little workplace fifedoms. **** them all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Cyclists going down busy Dublin roads cycling with no hands thinking they’re the dogs bollocks. Literally nobody is impressed lads, we could all do it too by the age of 10.

Not to mention how reckless this is - if a cyclist were doing this and lost balance, veering suddenly out of the cycle lane into traffic and causing a crash surely they must be liable?

In any case a stupid and pointless thing to do, nobody thinks you look cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

My hairdresser increased cost to allow for expense of PPE gear. not a bottle of sanatizer in sight now but prices have not come down. !

Now saying if vat rate increases for hospitality the prices will have to increase .

Time to buy hair colour in supermarkets i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Masks, both disposable and reusable cost sweet fück all, 50 disposable masks cost a fiver.

reusable 3 for a tenner.

5 litres of sanitiser is about a tenner give or take.

just gouging and using excuses..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Government bodies not bothering their hole checking lists. Complained to the HSE about lack of dental care for medical card holders here and I keep getting sent a list of dentists who they say do medical card holders. I already told them I had that list and most are not taking anyone new on or just not doing medicals cards holder any more. I person could see me next month! Absolutely no f*cking use to me a few weeks ago when I had an abyss and needed emergency care.

Hate this bloody country.

And with the population skyrocketing, this type of scenario will either..

A. Get worse, as is likely..

or

B. Taxpayers will get even more gouged to ‘enjoy’ the same health inefficiencies, waiting lists and incompetencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Both are happening. I worked and got gouged for many years, my mother a pensioner worked a great deal of her life also can't get access to medical card dental care.

TA - Many people seem to think those with medical cards get treated better and quicker. We don't, we have to wait like everyone else and a lot of the time we don't get the same care or even access to emergency care. No one chooses to get sick.

medicine is going to be a real problem going forward by proxy so is healthcare..for us

According to an article in the IMT… Only around 50% of people studying medicine here are Irish… of the number who are not Irish, a significant number are working here once qualified and sooner or later are moving out of Ireland…

The latest figures show that of 1,298 medical students, a total of 665 were from Ireland, 579 were non-European Union (EU) students, and just over 50 were from other EU countries.

the hell are 579 non EU people doing getting enabled with those places ? That would only be appropriate if some sort of contract was signed to say they had to give xx years or whatever to work here…but they dont…. They could literally qualify and feck off elsewhere….some do..many do..

Anyway, this evenings TA.. I’m out of breakfast juice

• Advertisement

Getting out of my warm bed, finding my slippers, down the corridor to the kitchen,, then.. WHAT DID I COME HERE FOR?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Website pages/system pages/app screens whose sole purpose is to log in, ie: there's 2 boxes and nothing else on the page to interact with, who then don't have the cursor automatically in the first box, you have to click into it before you can start typing. That's basic level annoyance there.

On the subject of computers, I get annoyed when people use the mouse for functions like copy/paste, or selecting somewhere on a line instead of using the Ctrl key. Basically, anyone who would be lost without a mouse. Painful to watch them navigate or do something that would be far quicker with keyboard shortcuts.

In the same vein, sites or programs that don't have proper keyboard support. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Non-Eu medical students pay through the nose to study here. 40K plus a year in fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Car tax day ... Plus a crack at the side of my mouth that is stubborn and taking it's time about healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My daughter had this and it wouldn’t heal until the pharmacist gave her anti fungal cream with a little bit of hydrocortisone cream . If you can get a cream with both then buy both separately and mix them in a little container and apply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

in terms of ppl not using shortcuts, by now I can hilight and click faster than I can remember the shortcut keys.

Ta My sib is being abused in his new job.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Thank you Iamwhoiam. I got cream from the pharmacist yesterday, so hopefully this works. If not I'll ask for what you said, thank you.😊

Thank you, that makes sense , as I've been on B12 before. Must get bloods checked again .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Insurance renewal time.... seriously the hoops involved in shopping around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The pitifully low speed restrictions around the Dunkettle Interchange works and their associated camera vans.

Seriously - we can land robots on Mars and explore the depths of the ocean but in 2022 I can only drive at 60k past some ****ing roadworks! They extend for ****ing miles too - long past where anyone's doing any actual work! Today in fact I didn't see anybody working anywhere near the road itself, but we still have to trundle along on what is normally a 120k road at 60k! It's painfully slow - I could have ****ing read Ulysses between spotting the camera van and actually passing it. And they're taking forever! It's a big project and there was bound to be unforseen delays, but we have to crawl along 24/7 regardless of if anyone's acually working or not. Ridiculous.

Not much use when a high percentage will feck off to other countries with their qualifications. Around half of medical students here are non Irish, which makes no sense when we have a shortage of doctors.

they are paying for the privilege of being here. they don't owe us anything when they are finished.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ticketmaster 😡😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Someone is earning though and that's enough in Ireland to keep the status quo. Alternatively, maybe we are too stupid a nation to scrape together more than 665 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, plenty of our home-grown and educated bugger off as soon as they're qualified. My niece just qualified as a psychiatric nurse and is off to either Australia or Canada as soon as she can sort the logistics.

i think we should be examining why they are so keen to leave after finishing their education rather than forcing people to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

It's also stupidly difficult for non-EU doctors and other healthcare professionals to secure employment here due to the HSE's antiquated and abhorrently counterproductive recruitment system. One of my close friends qualified as a doctor, was incredibly intelligent, dedicated, and wanted to stay, but she and others in her cohort were passed over by EU classmates (including one who I wouldn't trust to make toast, never mind work as a doctor).

On topic, the HSE's antiquated and abhorrently counterproductive recruitment system, and how its ineffectiveness has impacted horribly on services and subsequently on so many adults, adolescents, children, and families.

If I was the only customer in a supermarket and there was one employee stacking a shelf I am convinced that is the shelf I would want to pick my shopping from, I feel pressured to pick something quickly if someone is stacking the shelf as I presume it must be annoying for them to move aside but I always want something from those shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The never ending amount of jobs to do around the house and garden

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement