Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I most certainly would not @HildaOgdenx 🤬

Ta'd at people assuming things about you! 🤬

🙄

🤔

psshh @NewHome where did you get those socks? 😝

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

@Sephiroth_dude, well, they're mine and you can't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

iTunes Store.

the number of apps that now are on there that are ‘free’…or just as ‘get’.. yes marketed as free to download but two music / sound editing apps i download which are at no level free to use but available for downloading as they are marketed as ‘free’…. but you can do ‘nothing’ with them unless you sign up and pay money .

• Advertisement

VAR in football… THE most abhorrent two footed, studs up potentially leg breaking / career ending tackle, sent for a VAR review… but the incompetent & cack job buffoon, says yellow….all very well having 187 camera angles in super, ultra HD… but if you have an individual with the human competency of a corpse, hardly a point in all the fancy tech is there ?

Hangovers,I realize the older you get the longer they last. I've tried everything from the hair of the dog to tomato juice and tabasco.I'm still suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just seen an item on the news about Meta spending billions to create a virtual world where you can interact with people as an avatar. In an age where surely we need to be researching ways of reversing climate change and world hunger, fecking even ending a war currently ongoing, it seems a ridiculous venture. Even worse than the dick-measuring billionaire's space race.

You can interact with people outside too you know? No wonder this current generation are so useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The House of the Dragon thread. The actor's name is Paddy Considine, FFS, not Constantine.

one of the auld lads from the local got into the gym a few years back and at the beginning I used to bump into him there and have a drink in the cafe afterwards… a seriously nice dude whose son I’ve been a friendly acquaintance with for a few years but haven’t seen either since pre covid… saw the Dad walking out today as i was in the car on the way down… and got a shock, his mobility not clever, limping badly, he’d lost a lot of weight which he didn’t really have to lose….his arthritis has been playing up and he was more recently mainly a pool user for the therapeutic effects but i was just shocked really at how aged the fella had become in not a lot of time, he looked shockingly gaunt and just all of a sudden very old… I ought make enquiries but kinda pissed off I didn’t before..

• Advertisement

A particular fighter and entertainer.. US based who released a book... apologises on an interview on YouTube because the shipping of his book to Europe is so expensive.. I forget what exactly. He's asked by the interviewer if he will autograph them... he gleefully confirms that he will if that option is selected online as you purchase... on queried as to the cost of autographing.. 30 dollars per book... 🥳🤣 he's not exactly a household name..but for 30 squids he'll spend 4 seconds with between autographing and allowing the ink to dry...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those ant-oil activists who vandalised a masterpiece and glued themselves to a wall as part of their protests yesterday. That showed the conglomerates!!

Have the classic look of people who will contribute nothing positive to society and will probably live off the bank of mummy and daddy all their lives. I'd turn off the lights, close the museum for a few days and let them stew there glued to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sweatshirt - the Medium is a little bit too snug and the Large is like an overcoat!

Seven Worlds will Collide

I don't grind my teeth but I do sometimes clench my jaw in my sleep. Been doing it a lot the last few nights and have a whopper headache as a result.

Also, people asking questions they already know the answer to just to make a point. Get in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I love sourdough bread, but it does not love me. There should be a met eireann wind alert for this county today!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,925 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's me with chilies, love them but I'm like a weapon of mass destruction the next day. 🤣😳

My dental water flosser… on my third one and almost exactly, each of them lasts 16 months before the battery stops taking a charge and the thing dies.

considering they are probably used for about 6 minutes a day total of flossing, how hard can it be to design a product that can last ?

A mobile phone gets far more use and a battery and phone can last years.

the only thing the battery does is power the suction from the water reservoir and power it between the teeth…

So spending another 70 squids tomorrow….on a new portable dental water flosser.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There may be a replacement battery available, it would be cheaper and you'd reduce e-waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Having to leave my warm bed to find a pair of socks as my feet are cold...

• Advertisement

My sister fannied about the house all morning, then literally waited for me to get back from my run to get in the shower 🙄

Unfortunately there is no way to open the flosser to access the battery, you’d have to break through the plastic which seeing that it’s a battery / electrical device with a water reservoir involved, probably isn’t advisable.

Brilliant bit of kit hygiene wise but it’s obvious that they are manufactured with a particular limitation on their shelf life in order that they sell more… a mobile phone that gets hours and hours more use a day has a shelf life of a few years… might ask on the dental forum if there is a suitable alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Picked up 5 or 6 things in tesco earlier.

Got home and realised I forgot to put one item in my bag. 😡

@spookwoman " When I pointed out to her politely that she was well over the dividing line I get a blank stare and a no recognition of her bad parking. ."

This species and their transport are well evident at Rathfarnham shopping centre nearest me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I went to Sainsburys on Saturday to pick up a few things, got to checkout, put everything through and only then realised that I hadn't brought my purse with me. Mortified. Had to get the poor chap to cancel the whole thing for me and walk out empty handed in shame. I felt like a right doddery oul wan.

(god love him he held my basket to the side for me so when I came back about 20 minutes later with my money he was able to put it all through quickly for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This happened to me once in LIDL. A whole trolley and my new bank card refused to work- although I had already used it elsewhere. They insisted on driving me ito Sligo ( I had no idea where the bank was as I was new there) waited while I sorted tha card in the bank, back to Lidl. Great kindness that negated the annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I’m a wordle junkie. Hanging on till tonight when the new one comes out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That is really nice of them if you live close to sligo but a bit odd if you are from Munster or Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When I fire up a movie on DVD/Blu-ray or even on some streaming services and there are clips of key scenes playing in menu background before I've even had a change to start watching the movie! Arrrrrrgh!

• Advertisement

That one out of every three times approximately that you turn on sky sports news, there is a segment, report or interview, involving someone from or going on about the MLS.

There is a reason that all the European names or European based players going there like Gareth Bale, Carlos Vela, Javier Hernandez etc are mainly over the hill players on their way out of professional sport and looking for a payday in an easy league in the sun…

it’s about as entertaining to watch as counting haemorrhoids on a goat…

but $£$££$$£$£ talks and it’s being forced down the throats of the European / International football fan… “you’ll watch it and like it” seems to be the message.

most emerging sports markets it’s the audience demanding the product, now we have the product taking over tv time and forced upon people. Zzzzzzzzz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement