Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There will come a time when we will all do this due to company policy or public reputation (linkedin/facebook)

Using pronouns? Do you really think so? I can't see it but I mean anything is possible.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Using pronouns? Do you really think so? I can't see it but I mean anything is possible.

I think we should all switch to "it" (to mean human being, person) and be done with it once and for all.

New Home wrote: »
    I think we should all switch to "it" (to mean human being, person) and be done with it once and for all.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We should all call each other by a number, the only non physical thing that should identify us otherwise should be a barcode...

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But people might read it like there's a pecking order and that wouldn't be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    But people might read it like there's a pecking order and that wouldn't be good.

As long as I am number one I don't see an issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The lemmings in my local Lidl are still doing the "one massive queue down the middle aisle" thing. I was hoping they'd have grown brains in the 5 months I've been away, but that's a hard nope.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The lemmings in my local Lidl are still doing the "one massive queue down the middle aisle" thing. I was hoping they'd have grown brains in the 5 months I've been away, but that's a hard nope.

Most of them still haven't figured out that a mask goes over your nose AND mouth. Queueing is far too complicated for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Dial Hard wrote: »

Where is that? lol. One of my local Lidls had a similar issue but not as bad, just that the aisles didn't quite line up with the register and you'd have one queue trying to figure out which register they were in the queue for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Strumms wrote: »
    We should all call each other by a number, the only non physical thing that should identify us otherwise should be a barcode...

Are binary numbers allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,168 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When you are driving and you let people go when they are waiting but they don't acknowledge you.

I hope they crash in next roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Antares35 wrote: »

01101110 01101111

My mother is out with her book of "accounts" again today. Accusing my long suffering dad of spending without telling her. I said to her out straight, "he isn't spending it on himself" and she started banging on again about needing to know the balance at all times and how they got there i.e. the transaction history. Again, it's all available for you on your app!

Then when I told her my employer has committed to a flexible WFH model, she starts "oh in my day, you had to give up your job when you had a child" - yes and forty years on you still haven't f*ckin gone back... The woman is a fright, I'm ashamed to be genetically associated with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve somebody trying to work that out..

tenor.gif?itemid=12246430

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The Alan Partridge ad on the radio. I am coming to 'Dublin ' ( snipped in)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Like this.

Joe bloggs
    Master of the County
    Head of the Country
    Ruler of the World
    He/Him

List of publications bla bla bla.
    I've seen similar in respect of a "nobody" I'm friends with on Instagram on her bio. Mary Jo Bloggs. Wife. Some interests. Some personal shyte. Bla bla. She/her.

To thine own self be true

Most of them still haven't figured out that a mask goes over your nose AND mouth. Queueing is far too complicated for them.

People who wear their mask under their nose and people who can't keep a 2metre distance from others should be culled. It's 15 months in. There's no excuse anymore.

People who wear their mask under their nose and people who can't keep a 2metre distance from others should be culled. It's 15 months in. There's no excuse anymore.

I'm in. I have my own hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

At a self service deli bar today, I was delighted to see disposable plastic gloves available. I donned and doffed my gloves accordingly, only to see no bin anywhere for the gloves to be disposed in.
    Had to crumple them up in my pocket, I then forgot they were there and found them when I got home.
    Futile Covid measure!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

mikemac2 wrote: »
    People scheduling daily conference calls at 5pm

I start before 8am and was all set to go home but no, I cannot due to this late meeting

There is a special place in hell for these people

I tried to scheduled a meeting for Monday but had to move that as it is a Bank holiday in the north.
    Then the next one I went for was a 2pm one on the Wednesday but the america didn't start till 3 on that day so now they only time I could have was 5 om on the same day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I do wear my mask properly but found myself at the door of the supermarket today without a mask.

Walked back to to the car muttering to myself that I should be used to putting one on before I left the car after all this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

2 european finals on this week, and Liverpool aren't in any of them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

These being out of stock in my local aidi :( I love them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You could try some good internet radio stations such as Bay Radio and also 8 Radio (ran by Simon Maher formerly of Phantom and TXFM)
    I stopped listening to the regular Radio over a year ago because of the persistent, repetitive Covid ads.

Anyway my TA is that I ordered two large t-shirts online from Zara. One fits perfectly while the other is like Homer Simpson's fat guy Mumu, a total bag of a thing.

I find BBC Radio 6 pretty decent, has been listening to a lot of that recently, of course, Creedon and the Late Date on RTE 1 can be good too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

For sure. Idiot this evening in Lidl, mask under nose. Had to make a phone call you see, about what type of cheese he should be buying. Aha... :rolleyes:

Jesus wept and was it any wonder... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was cycling to work the other day and, while sitting at a roundabout, a car coming in from the right side actually stopped his car in the middle of the roundabout and waved me to go.

He actually embarrassed me because the man in the car behind me then revved his engine slightly as if to say "sure if he's waving you on then why are you still sitting there?"

Absolutely not. I'm on a bike but I'm still using the road, I'm trying to follow the rules like everyone else and here comes this weapon with a full license acting this stupid. Needless to say I shook my head and waved him on because there's way too much traffic on this road for me to start cutting corners.

You have the right of way, just drive on. You're not being polite to me you're being a f*cking moron.

I'm already a bottle merchant at roundabouts and junctions in general I don't need clown drivers like you making me feel worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

When you are driving and you let people go when they are waiting but they don't acknowledge you.

I hope they crash in next roundabout.

Someone once gave me a great piece of advice, don't look towards them for feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I remember once sitting in a car waiting to turn left onto a main road. There was a bit of traffic on the main road, but not much, and there was no-one behind me and I wasn't in any hurry. So I was happy to sit there patiently for a few seconds to wait my turn.

An ambulance coming down the main road stopped to let me out. Look, I know they were just being polite, but it was completely needless. They made the cars behind them have to stop suddenly, and nobody really benefited from the action. I don't know, it just felt wrong being let out unnecessarily by an ambulance. I'm sure there were no patients in it, but it's my default position not to impede them in any way.

Similar to the lone car on the road, or the last in a sting of them, stopping to let you out when there's absolutely nothing behind them. Just drive on and I'll be able to pull out behind you, and neither of us will be inconvenienced in the slightest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,728 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm into the last year of my 5-year contract at work. I have just under 12 months to find another job. They let the other team member go as there was no funding for him so I know what's coming. All manageable but now my boss wants to do my appraisal next month. It's just all so pointless.

Not the biggest fan of Ricky Gervais but he really nailed appraisals.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Saw a car pull up outside my house last night, across the driveway blocking it. Saw the driver get out, but didn't see where she went, but they didn't call into me. The driveways in my estate all fit 4 cars, and mine and all my neighbours only had a max of two in them. Plus there's communal parking for 10 cars only 50m away form my house (that was totally empty), plus there's a space between each driveway in front of our lawns that can easily fit a car parking on the road that wouldn't block anything.

But no, this one, who wasn't calling into my house decided to block my driveway even though she could easily have parked in any number of convenient places without blocking anyone.

I was on the way out to the supermarket, so needed to get one of the cars out. I was looking out the door thinking about what I was going to do. So I decided I'd roll one of the cars down the driveway to within an inch of her driver's door, stopping her from getting into it from that side. Then I'd take the other car, which I'd have to drive onto my lawn to get around her, and head off to the supermarket. She could either waste her time knocking into me (with me not there) looking to move my car from my own driveway to allow her into her car, or she could do an ignominious shuffle across from the passenger side, and hopefully get the gear stick stuck in her hole.

As it happened, by the time I'd got my keys and the shopping bags, she was just getting into her car as I was walking out the door. Turns out she was calling into my next door neighbour, who had plenty of room in his driveway for her to park. Or she could have just pulled up across his driveway, or even between our drives. To top it all off, she then reverses right into my driveway to turn her stupid car around.

I missed my chance for revenge, and remain trivially annoyed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement