Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Trivially annoyed by the fact I knew straightaway which poster you referred to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Regular check up at doctors office. Nurse takes my bp and says it's high. I tell her that the first time it's taken it's always high and that they usually take it again after they've taken my bloods and it's fine. NOPE. Refuses to wait 5 minutes and retake the bp so I've to make another appointment to go back in for another bp check. I know they're busy but ffs. I've told you my experience, just listen to me instead of wasting all our time with another appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Celebrities like Timothee Chalamet and Harry Styles who wear edgy feminine clothing as if they're breaking down barriers. The fking state of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When coming home from work the other day I got green lights every time. It was like magic as I would arrive at the lights and they would be green just as I got there.

Karma caught up this morning though 😡 every single one was red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Well why not say in bed in posts? It only costs an extra letter.

An extra letter AND a space. That makes a difference! 😉

My trivial annoyance is that when I saw 'Abed' with the capital letter, I assumed it was the male name Abed, thinking of the character Abed Nadir from the sitcom Community.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The state of people's driving - I could write pages every day. Some of the worst/most memorable from last week.

There was a foggy morning where I ended up in the queue for the tunnel behind a Corsa with it's foglights on. I'm five feet back - I can **** see you! The Galaxy in front of that had it's lights on too...

The Corsa turned it's lights off before entering the tunnel, and the Galaxy shortly after. The Corsa turned off, so I ended up behind the Galaxy, and as we approached an area that was a little foggy, the Galaxy turned on it's foglights again! We're still in heavy traffic and visibility is still hardly impaired at all. Then a Golf changes lane into the safe braking distance I had left between myself and the Galaxy, sees the fuckwit in the Galaxy has their foglights on, and turns theirs on!

On the way home the same evening I was behind a Golf that was hogging the overtaking lane, who was driving at an indicated 110kph on a 120kph road. They then slowed down to 100kph at a spot where there's sometimes a speed trap. I swear it's been open for twenty years and people still don't know the East Cork Parkway has a 120kph limit....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So many thing that are TA in this scenario,

A colleague was introducing me to a new member of staff, "and this is BB, she got her BA this year"

Newby says "Congratulations, it must have been a lot of work. All that craft and painting must have being exhausting"

Now I have no problem with ppl not knowing that a ba can be very open-ended , but compounding it by saying, of course your mother was a great knitter and painter as well!!! (I'm neither of these things and my dyspraxia means I never will be)

All well meant of course but once told its not a craft course why keep on and on at it?

This reminds me of another one, "Oh, so you'll be leaving up for a teaching job then"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Not only did every light turn red for me I approached three pedestrian lights that were red and not a soul to be seen on any of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Someone needs to tell them about Glam Rock in the 70s and New Romantics in the 80s.Barriers broken and edges thoroughly rounded out by their parents' and grandparents' generations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chased up the info on how much one of my sib's uses in terms of electricity, printed it out and explained it to him.

Highlighted the hours he is best avoiding charging or using his power hungry machines.

Today I referred to this, the completely blank look I got from him when I said about not charging things between 5-7, I get he's not listening to me but he hears the news 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last weekend he told me he made a tomato sauce and meatballs full of fruit and veg he likes, he had lots left over so I advised him to freeze them in small batches.

He did, and today he asked me if he should throw them out in case he doesn't take them at some point in the future.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A lad showed me that in SF. If he waited for a second after the light turned green and drove at the exact speed limit he could hit greens at every light.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just got snug and comfy back abed with the cats.. when HAVE to go to the bathroom... Old age! maddening...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's called "surfing the green" and the lights on certain streets in many US cities are designed so you can do that. Along the Grand Canal would be a perfect location for it here, but this is Ireland and we can't have nice things like that and the equivalent of "Right on red"...

Today's other TA is that I slept funny and now it feels like somebody stabbed me in the shoulder with a screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

GP/MH services. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The old man , up in a private room off a ward. He was there about 6 hours when he spotted through the window, a consultant (not his) and a doctor looking in at him in animated conversation.

Said consultant arrived asking him if he’d be more ‘’comfortable’ in a ward 🤪 with other people as he could ‘have a chat’ etc and wifi was faster (apparently) … ‘NO’ was his reply… the consultant proceeds to tell him about another patient needing a private room… to which my father told him that he had relevant health cover, had zero interest in other peoples ‘needs’ until his are looked after and that as said consultant wasn’t his he should butt out or he’ll be call his own consultant on his direct line ( he hasn’t got his direct line ) 🤣. The other young doctor appeared 2 hours later congratulating him for standing up for himself and nobody ‘needed’ his room, the other fella was chancing his arm for one of his own patients and quite frankly he’s known for it… 😅

the TA is the politics surrounding attaining services in healthcare which you need and are paying for and the volume of useless cûntbucket consultants working in Irish healthcare.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is me reading that, and I'm not remotely related to any of you (AFAIK, anyway!).

The absolute gall, I'd have ripped them a new one. And the young doctor congratulating your Dad? HE should have been the one putting his foot down, not waiting for a patient to stand up for himself, especially when his health is so precarious. Heroes, my arse.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

100% agree with you Blade . Instead of getting better it's getting worse , for all their talk of - Talk about your MH - well , they are failing thousands* of people on a daily basis I'm sure.

*(Just using thousands as a random figure)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And I hadn't even read this, yet!!! Very good at platitudes and paying lip service, but very little else beyond a sticky plaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SeriousGuy

Fuc*king cun*ts that drive right up your arse when yar doing the speed limit. I want to hit them hard with hammer. Split their cun*t heads wide. Cun*ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Truth, that being said certain consultants can try be very bullying and ‘persuasive’…..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Restaurants or cafes that serve food on a wooden board, just use a f*****g plate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

lookin at ad for Insurance - British Seniors

"I'm 50, and I live in the UK"

50 my ass !! had her down as ~63 meself 😄

Then part of the junior doctors' training should be "How to stand up to bullies on behalf of your patients and for yourself". It would be very helpful for everyone concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bangers going off in my rural neighbourhood. All the dogs are going mad.

7 hour conference calls and still no progress made in a task.

And the absolutely not trivial: my favourite uncle has pancreatic cancer and probably won't see Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Hearing of another suicide nationally. A good few in our area in the last few months and not a thing for mental health in this country. Treated like an inconvenience

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That reminds me, when my son was three he couldn't pronounce popcorn.. you can guess what he used to call it 😆😇

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Linkedin. It truly is a platform to publicly lick your own balls while wearing a suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is it my imagination, but didn't someone create a thread in AH about the RTE promotional ad campaigns, specifically mentioning the Angela Scanlon ad in the opening post. I can't find it at all and I've just checked the general TV forum which I thought the mods would've moved it there, but its just disappeared into the ether, maybe I'm just too stoned but a ta all the same.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement