Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Cleaning the bathroom this morning, and the toilet brush, after a thorough cleansing of the bowl, got caught for a split second under the rim. As it got loose, it splashed out a full face covering of toilet brush juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The person in the apartment a few doors down using the corridor for storing rubbish.

Hey no issue having a pizza Friday night but I see the empty pizza box outside her door on Saturday morning as if we are a hotel and housekeeping are coming, they are not. I may also see a bag with some cardboard

To be fair she usually takes them outside to the bins sometime later same day but not always. I saw a bag with some bottles over a weekend. I find it a bit bizarre.

Why outside in the corridor for all to see? Just put it on your kitchen worktop or somewhere 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Flash cars that emerge from dealerships with the number plates put on crooked and/or off centre. You had one job.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe they do it to keep the stale smell out? (at everyone else's expense, may I add).

I agree with you, though.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My bad, just discovered it was in the General TV Forum, it does seem like a topic that would spring up in AH though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Red flag time. Sign of a lazy and / or flaky person.

Many years ago I was working in a two storey office with the kitchen upstairs. Staff were evenly divided between the two floors.

Every week, there was a rota for buying the milk. Most people would bring it upstairs to the kitchen and put it in the fridge. There was one guy who worked on the ground floor who left it at the bottom of the stairs every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister has a poached egg for breakfast every morning. And every morning she either manages to break the white slightly or stick it to the bottom of the pot a bit. She then washes the pot, drains the water and - without fail - leaves the bits of egg white sitting in the sink drain for someone else to clean up.

Every. Single. Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Reading back over the thread and , weirdly, I fancy a pizza topped with a poached egg.

Pizza Fiorentina. Only you don't even have to poach the egg, you just crack it raw onto the top of the pizza when it's almost cooked and let the oven & heat of the pizza do the rest.

Now I want one too 😔

• Advertisement

Oddball opening hours in provincial Ireland shops. Open only a half day Saturdays and crap like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Excellent description. To a tee.

the outright lies that people tell too, ok sell yourself, talk yourself up, but the absolute volumes of BS.. I know one person very well who I worked with and on theirs relates certain experiences and jobs / positions which they’ve never actually held or done.. I know because we worked in the same department…for about 7 years….I joined slightly before them so I’m not missing any periods of their employment there..

it has to be just an ego thing… because this person given their age and how absolutely handy they have it will retire there…. So really…. The embellishments are for what purpose exactly ? 😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People calling themselves managers who didn't hold that job title.

The worst are ones that move companies but don't put an end date on their previous job so you get a "Congratulate John on 10 years at ABC Limited" when John has worked somewhere else for the last 2 years.

Scott McTominey… you fûcking bellend. Minutes from your team taking a point from from Stamford Bridge and instead of defending at the corner you decide just to rugby tackle your opponent. This thing called VAR sees you, remember ! absolute fûcking thick….one of the most overrated and overhyped sports people of the last 5 years.

but Casemiro equaliser as I type so slightly forgiven. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Edited out

My old man’s consultant sends in a doctor to wake my Dad at 22.05 to ask or confirm what medications he’s on. It’s on his file you lazy stupid cûnt… my Dad had an investigative procedure / invasive scan today, that involved sedation… he’s unwell anyway, exhausted after the procedure but just now he’s dealing with people who prescribe him his meds, waking him up to ask him what meds he’s been prescribed… he’s on a load of stuff and now stressed to the hilt in case he can’t recall one…

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When I go to the supermarket and there's a '2 for 1' offer but I only need one - why can't I just buy one at half price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

What is with very young children speaking in a peculiar manner. Granted, I don't spend much time around children, but overhear snippets of conversation. "Mommy, are we geddin cupcakes tudday"

I used to be jeered in school for my English twang. A combination of actually being English, and a childhood of listening to Radio 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement

This.

My mother would fill the space under the sink with offers of a free cleaning product with something else and the free wotsit sits there unused forever afterwards.

Had a good night's sleep and decided to do Wordle, only to discover I'd already done it! So another wait till midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Failing miserably to suppress a sneeze while going to the toilet...

Restaurants and bars that don’t have a website, and instead make use of Facebook or Instagram to show their opening hours, menu etc. If I can’t see the sample menu in advance then I’m not going to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My feet have obviously spread out since I've been wearing slippers/sketchers for the past 2 years. Put my work shoes back on today coz winter/wet and my little toe is being rubbed raw. Of course I only noticed this after 15 minutes of walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm waiting at the barbers and I'm next. There's a new barber and he's just after butchering some lad. I'm next.

Also, I hope I pulled the handbrake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Sketchers are the worst ever shoes. Don’t know about newer ones but the lack of support for the foot was a real problem for me. Consigned to the bin after very little wear, even rejected for gardening duty, which is where most of my walking shoes see out their last days.

Some shoes just need to be broken in again if you haven't worn them in a while. Or rather, your feet need to get used to them again. I've a pair of Dubarry boots that I use for dog walking in the winter and every single year, they kill me for the first few wears.

now they want to discharge him, to bring him back as an outpatient tomorrow for a scan because they have no time to do it today and they need the bed. 🙄. So a man actively internally bleeding or was we don’t know if he still is… gets sent home…

class act this ill health service of ours.

• Advertisement

A Facebook friend posted pictures of her at a wedding, I met her and asked who’s wedding it was, expecting sister. Her daughter ffs. I’m so old !!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement