Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Some drivers won't turn on their lights as they're worried about their car battery being drained. Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I realised from driving on the N2 to work, lights on during the day is great. A few cars didn’t do a kamikaze overtake as I had my headlights on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

GOD NO, fun is fun but Baby Shark is a whole different level of earworm 😀

TA about baby shark is they named him Brooklyn ffs.

People who react the baby's face in stupid Pampers POONAMI ad just does it. POONAMI. Just one letter away from a whole different ball game, innit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Rihanna's new song on the radio earlier.

Ironically called "lift me up" as that's exactly what you need after hearing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Microsoft spotlight not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Countdown's [channel 4] tea-time teasers. I hardly ever figure them out as they are too teasing, mah. Mind you, Rachel is a teaser I don't mind.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Signs TA'd me yesterday. Leaving a nearby town I saw one fella advertising turf for sale. Near that was a huge sign with a company name in massive text, with 'Best of luck to the hurlers in the final, from :' in small text above it. At least have them the same size ffs - make some pretence it's not just an unauthorised billboard for your company...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,295 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who phone you for just random catch up conversations at weird times…

1.40 today… considered by most people ‘lunchtime’ … where the recipient is either 99 times out of 100 preparing lunch, eating lunch or maybe even cleaning up after lunch… beef and Guinness pie somewhat slightly tougher, managed to turn it off but the heat toughened up the pastry slightly…. Grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Couple in front of me on the bus had a full on bus picnic. Smells like they had curried stomach lining with a side of sick, and then they stuffed all the containers into the ticket bin on the bus so others can enjoy the stench later.

Whole bus smells rotten. 90 minute journey too :(

Biting the inside of my lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had a Big Mac meal at lunchtime and reminded myself why it's probably the first time this year I went to McDonalds 😆

Tbf the coffee is reasonable.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I can't see the high-beam icon on the dashboard all of the time, it gets hidden by the enormous hunk of plastic that is the steering wheel, so inadvertently blinding people.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I would just let it ring tbh, or even turn off the phone for a short while to enjoy my lunch. 😁

Back to my own TA - I remember being out with a friend some years ago, and she answered her phone during the meal - which I considered very bad manners. She then proceeded to have a long catch up call with someone while I sat like a tulip on the opposite side of the table, with this one-sided conversation in full flow.

She could have either clicked off the call, when the phone was ringing or picked it up briefly and said she was out and would return the call later. But she was - and probably still is - a slave to her phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My mother does this, it's infuriating. She's physically incapable of ignoring a ringing phone, regardless of the circumstances. I have explained to her time and again how rude it is, that it says that the person calling her is more important than the person she's physically speaking to, and she acknowledges that, but the next time her phone rings, she will literally stop mid-conversation to answer it. It's like some kind of Pavlovian conditioning.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

My mother does it a bit too.

Or the minute she hears a text or WhatsApp message alert, she has to read it and respond to it that very minute. Even if on a busy street or whatever. Aaargh.

More phone grimness…. Watching the snooker and the number of times that the referee has to tell people not to use their phones…as there is one ringing or a notification sounding every two or so frames.

then as a sort of compromise.. “ please, at least have them on silent .. “ which is just encouraging people not to turn them off…and to be checking them..

1. why can’t they provide lock boxes at venues… maybe they do ? But people not using them ?
    2. why do people have this freaky need nowadays to ALWAYS have to be in contact with peoples? ..people are gone freaky about it.

you see it in airports, plane gets to the gate, door open.. a person or two trying to juggle getting their bag from the overhead with one hand and the other hand holding their phone to their ear, people all around them, pure dangerous….

Basically the obsession with phones in 2022… to the point of absolute absurdity…..

Department of justice here, have or are about to increase fines and penalty points for drivers using phones… it’s becoming so widespread as anyone spending any time on the road will see. An obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a casual chat with the defuser in work today, a trained mh care provider.

Apparently I'm too blame for being irritated that a grown ass human colleague wasted 15 mins we didn't have sitting in the middle of the room and as once we were settled at our individual tasks asks loudly if she was supposed to do that then.

*Post a 45 min meeting on what to do and who was to do what at that time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I do think to encourage people to use public transport their should be a no talking, eating, getting in the way etc section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Or music or poor quality headphones. Drives me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

IE reintroduced their Quiet Carriages last week.

Predictably, it made little to no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd be the opposite. I'd open a message and then text back about an hour later. I currently have 247 unread text messages

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Feature on the news about coercive control earlier, very important issue to highlight, but it was presented solely from the woman's perspective. I know of one definite case of a wife manipulating and bullying her husband, and can identify a few other probable cases. The irony is, the definite case actually volunteers for Women's Aid, and she is an absolute wagon (to dangerous levels).

I'm not denying that it's more common to happen to women, but it's not exclusively a one-way street either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My haircut is always a drama.

The barber was finished and he says something similar to this,

"It looks good, if anybody laughs at it there just jealous".

I'm probably over think it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You've replied to a post from a year and a half ago or so? Were you in a hurry? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS. Can’t figure this bleedin site out!!!😅

Been on them in France and the UK where it’s not only respected but enforced… they have seating between carriages in France with a small seat that people can dip out for a quick conversation.

some people can’t experience life without moving their mouth and or irritating others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nobody can any more, you are not on your own! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement