Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

There can be a myriad reasons for supporting any club. Attention seeking would be about the last to my mind generally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What? Who? Where?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know I'm repeating myself, but 1. high maintenance siblings and 2. lazy liars who only cause damage wherever they go do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Witnessed a little squirrel get squished on the dual carriageway this morning. It darted out, got ahead of one car but didn’t get past the one in the other lane.

Has really soured my whole day, so far. It was a grey, so I know they get some bad press but was still hoping it would get across unscathed.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Ah, nooo, poor squirrel... 🥺

I hate that, I know sometimes nothing can be done to avoid hitting animals, but damn it, lots of people don't even bother slowing down even when it's safe to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

To be fair to this driver, the squirrel was very quick and would have been hard to see. Lots of leaves blowing about as well.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Someone on radio over lunchtime suggesting that e scooters should be given to all over 16's for free

Can see that ending well anyway !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Long ago when I was out driving at a leisurely pace very early I rounded a bend ina country lane to see four baby rabbits playing in the road.... Braked sharp but.... Stopped and cried my heart out... Critters and roads don't mix however careful we are... That was nearly 20 years ago on the road from Donegal to the border...

I got another one: "We are professionals, we know what we are doing, trust us", despite having concrete evidence to the contrary. That argument doesn't hold, Dr Shipman was a professional, too. And so were the fat cats that caused the last recession, for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

country around 190 billion euros in debt but it should start purchasing about 3 million scooters…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

How every single person who is brought to court has depression and anxiety. Amazing coincidence isn't it? It's hardly solicitors trotting out that line to every client so the judge will go easy, is it? I mean they wouldn't make an absolute **** mockery of people with real mental health issues in order get a lenient sentence for some scumbag would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

And like most things that free, they will not be cared for . Easy come easy go !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Apropos of this, the increasing number of people who think it's acceptable to listen to videos/music/calls on their phones on speaker in public. It's got to the point where TFI have signs up about it on the Dart and buses. What is wrong with people that they actually need to be told this??? I popped into my local for a "quiet" after-work drink just now and two teens sat down and started browsing TikTok on their phones at full volume, not a headphone between them. Dad completely oblivious. The barman ended up having to ask them turn them down.

God, I hate people.

100%.. it’s just a line trotted out by people to get what they want and feather their own nest…great thing people are just beginning to see through it now… I think the pandemic showed a lot of these devious grifters up for what they are and more people are getting wide to them and fed up of them. Before that you dare not question them even.

I’ve seen it in workplaces…I was nearly having to exit a cushy enough shift earned through seniority to give this clown more time with his kids, mental health tales of wow being thrown everywhere, not seeing enough of his kids impacted him and them. I think the kid was seeing a psychologist…. Knowing his auld fella I’m not surprised but sorry I’m not changing shift or putting my health and wellbeing behind the 8 ball…….fûck off and deal with your issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

edited out

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

I know I shouldn't, but this really did give me a good giggle (once it finally dawned on me what it was referring to of course!) 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Well, assuming that I'm right, it's that little game you play at the fuel pump when filling up your car 😁

Post edited by AxleAddict on

• Advertisement

Big crack in my ice cube tray so ordered a couple of replacements online…. But from what I ordered and what came was not an ice cube tray, it was an ‘ice brick’ tray…

as I finish my drink I tip the last mouthful a bit forcefully and at a higher angle as you do to take the last swig from the end of said pint glass and… the ice brick comes forward faster then anticipated due to its weight and being jammed at the end where the glass tapers… and crashes into my teeth. 😏

one is an implanted tooth and I’m thinking fućk if that’s broken.. $$$ ..and I actually expected some damage, a crack, dent or chip at least but on looking into the mirror, taking zoomed pics etc, all looks ok…..

im thinking maybe I ordered these things that were meant for medical ice packs or to be put into ice chests where drinks are stored at a sports game or whatever… so I check Amazon and no, advertised for ‘ drinks ‘…and a photo… confirming.. stupidest design of anything, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

if it weren't for roadkill and such, we'd likely never have heard the Art Garfunkel classic, Bright Eyes - every cloud and dat 🙂

TA is 'losing' (how it happens be's beyond me) vertical scroll-bar on right-hand side o' us screen; tis a'ight if there's summat 'hoverable' (which doth rectify t'sityeeashinn 😊) but, absent anyfink 'hoverable' screenside, the refresh/reload annoying option has ta be utilised 😣

also, on the let's (righteously, on account of it been schitt, and, the host, inept) rag on TLLS thread in TV forum, there be many folks complaining aboot 'de negativity' , and, ironically, it's those folk what are t'most 'negative' of all 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who constantly have chewing gum in their mouths. It's the most bizarre habit and I've never been able to get my head around it. It also looks - to me, anyway - really uncouth.

The same person who again, chooses 1.35 to phone for a ‘chat’… it’s lunchtime FFS…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I wanted to repurpose an old plastic chair that had been in the shed of doom, it was covered in dust, cobwebs and strange stains.

I spent ages trying to figure out how to make the outside hose work(there appears to be three different nozzles) and has knots in it, when it was sorted I left it lying out straight and with the nozzles sorted, the chair upended to blow off the cobwebs etc.

Explained to sib that I had deliberately left things the way I wanted and to leave it alone, went to get dressed for a wet/cold/dirty job like this, arrived to where things were set up to see the hose rewound back on the tap, chair moved closer to the house and the nozzles back on the hose.

Annoyed is right, trivial doesn't even cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They were of course ruminants in a previous existence.. cows, camels.. ale...hereditary!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

TA at myself for unexpected emotional attachment to a car. Have had my old boyo 10 years and did 390,000 km all over Ireland with him.

On the last short drive today to trade him in, it felt like I was bringing an old dog to the vets to be put to sleep. Spent the whole journey thinking about all the cool places we'd been.

On the plus side, the mechanic said it would be fixed up and sold on but I suspect that's the motor equivalent of "going to live on a farm".

What type of car?

I still yearn for a car I sold over a decade ago at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Biggest con in the world today is the amount that supposedly have a metal health illness..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yep. I find it very uncouth as well. Lose the fooking gum, pal!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement