Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pricks who cannot conduct a conversation without “obviously” and “literally” being lobbed in every 5 fooking seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

My little granddaughter who is just 5 uses “literally” in every sentence lately!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Seen a woman trying to eat chicken wings with a knife and fork this evening, I really wanted to shout across to her "pick the f****** thing up"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭galwayguy85

Taking a slash in the morning… neither stream of pis$ can decide to ‘straighten up and fly right’! A little ‘damage limitation’ dance is all one can do! 😀

A trivial annoyance for myself… an entirely different matter for her indoors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People resurrecting absolutely ancient threads to post one line non-sequiturs. It's absolutely rampant since the changeover. I'd like to think they're bots but I think there are actually just *that* many stupid people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Anyone who says " Trust me" is clearly not to be trusted....the most famous usage being, "Trust me; I'm a doctor!" PROVE IT THEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In the shops earlier and they were playing Christmas songs. That can FRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The extra 'n' in I'm a celeb contestant Seann Walsh's name ta's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

People who can’t fooking pronounce two simple words. Because is be cause and from is from. Not becuz and frum!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Spitting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm TA that spitting isn't justifiable grounds for murder. It's a vile habit that speaks volumes about the spitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I took my ‘sleepy’ pill at 12 o’clock and 2 hours later im up eating bloody ice cream cornetto’s.

Another TA ive no cornetto’s or choc ices left

Hungry..... but the thought of leaving my snug bed and heading for the kitchen and no; choc digestives will not hit the spot!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

TA - yorkie biscuit and raisin, why can't the chocolate in the plain bar be like the chocolate in the one with raisins, or, skip the feckin raisins. I have my self convinced that the chocolate is much nicer in the b&r ones even though there can't be that much difference really..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Radio presenters not telling me they'll be taking time off. I'm taking this personally Ian 🤬

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More than a TA but the amount of scams out there at the moment is crazy, a load of assholes trying to catch people out, it's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When I browse forums in puzzles and quizzes ,write comments but forget to post them . It doesn't work so well in the drop a letter forum / geography chain . Oops quizzes 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who get offended because you don't know who they are.

Them: "Oh the manager knows me very well, I'm a regular customer"

Well I have no clue who you are and if you want any help with your issue, I will need some details, so I can deal with this matter.

They will then refuse to give you any way to actually help them and finally storm off in a rage.

The worst thing about these people is they will then go to your manager and then say that you were unhelpful or rude.

And of course the next time you deal with them, they'll be sure to tell you on a number of occasions how helpful the manager is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you spill a drop of soup/gravy/sauce/etc on a clean shirt/top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My neighbourhood restaurant have changed their house wine and it's rank. It's the only one they do by the glass, so that's a major pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Many years ago, Seann Walsh appeared on an episode of QI in which Phill Jupitus was also appearing. Both have an extra letter from the normal spelling of their name, so I thought it was very funny when the scamp doing the subtitles for the programme added an extra letter to their names when their names were spoken. So it was 'Seannn' and 'Philll' instead of 'Seann' and 'Phill' or even 'Sean' and Phil' 😀

My trivial annoyance is that I should be in Dublin for a gig this evening, but the gig was cancelled on Friday evening. The only silver lining is that it meant I didn't have to go to Dublin. 😉

When one of my knitting needles fall between bed and wall.. Tis the very devil to retrieve..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I’ve a pal that says “which?” instead of what. And is becoming hard of hearing, so yknow..

seems to send every woman scarpering of late my take is they think they’re constantly being referred to as witches and getting fed up. Is affecting my game, he’s got to go

Boy George complaining about Matt Hancock.

Coming from someone who imprisoned and beat someone with a chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Dunno if this happens anywhere else but I've a friend and have heard a few other people say "boughten" when talking about previous purchases.

"I had boughten a new torque wrench to change my tires"

It irks me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Advertisement

To add to modern lingo woes - why do so many people use the phrase 'to love on' something. "My kid is really loving on our new dog" Is it just me that shudders when i hear that one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement