Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

roflol!!!! On which hilarious note I take my leave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I think CJ may have been at the cooking sherry last night 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

I was driving on the M50 yesterday. The car in front of me was driving quite erratically. Every 5 seconds or so, he had to make a sudden correction to avoid veering into the hard shoulder or to the middle lane. When I overtook him, I saw his head was looking down at his phone. This dangerous stupidity makes me furious. Easily could have killed someone with that behaviour, especially at that speed on a motorway. He wasn't even self aware enough to realise he shouldn't be using his phone when he had to keep making those sudden corrections.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The amount of ‘charity’ grifters advertising on tv… the latest one on BT Sport….African children, in Africa with cleft palates. Looking for your cash. I didn’t catch the name of the charity but EU and its member states and citizens, ie. US were the largest donors to Africa, contributing approximately €20 billion per year in development aid…. but now, in addition to that, around 100 million the EU taxpayers sent to Africa to support their covid rollout there are millions of euros of our money also being sent there to support general health services and infrastructure… but that’s not enough…. Individual campaign advertising everywhere… we are being asked to personally donate to fix cleft palates now…ffs

anything else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,173 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The word 'inspo', used by people too lazy to say or type 'inspiration'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Today I have seen both a Rudolph car and a 12 Pubs of Christmas cortege of students 😏

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Luckily I saw on social media. Avoided happily

TA yeti ad

• Registered Users Posts: 13,937 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

And that the head of alot , not all, on on €100,000's per year.

Funny enough no. If I was I might not been on Boards every 5 minutes 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Watching videos (primarily) on the internet where the camera view repeatedly switches from a head-on view where the presenter is looking directly at the camera to a slightly side-on view - not completely 90 degrees side on - but more like 30-40 degrees, where the presenters eyes are looking off to the side - before switching back to the head-on view again. There is no need for this - I'm perfectly happy to watch the entire video in a head-on perspective, thanks very much!

• Advertisement

My short term memory. I can remember details from years ago but what I went to the shop for ??

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

On a similar vein to my previous TA, when watching videos on YouTube - typically product reviews - and the presenter has set up their camera with a really narrow focus so that they are nice and sharp (most of the time) but the background has that nice, soft, blurry bokeh effect - which is all fine until they want to show you something close up, or they inadvertently move their hands or something causing the camera to struggle to figure out what it should autofocus on. Then they hold something up really close to the camera in the foreground to try and get it to autofocus - initially it looks like the camera is trying to autofocus, but failing, and then just as it does manage to focus on the object the presenter gives up and pulls it away. Maddening! Please just set up the cameras with a wider focal range, or infinity focus - where everything is sharp, all of the time! Or use two different cameras - with different settings!

I’m stuck on today’s wordle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Drivers with absolutely no concept of how big their car actually is - or isn't, as the case usually is. Some people seem to think they're driving articulated trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yesterday I was heading to Dublin on the bus to see one of those ridiculous Scandinavian Icelandic bands play live. While I was waiting for the bus, there was the woman at the bus-stop who insisted on talking to me, and in that 10-15 minutes, I know more about her than people I've known for years. Deaths in the family, the various supermarkets she's boycotting, all about her husband and pets, etc.

Even when the bus arrived, she tried to get me to sit beside her, but I had to politely decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Aldi middle aisle shelves.

I'm small so reaching the top shelf just isn't going to happen as not only do I have to stretch up I also have to stretch across as they are tiered.

Then "normal" shelves the top shelf is usually double height stacked with the product, so while I can reach the item on the actual shelf I risk an "avalanche" from the products balanced on top of it.......this is true in nearly all the supermarkets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You must have a very open, friendly face or are smokin' hot 😉. @Badly Drunk Boy .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Idiots failing to comprehend/follow even the simplest of instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Loose & lose are NOT synonyms

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lose lost an o because it was loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Somebody sets up a distribution list incorrectly and instead of emailing a certain team they email the entire company, thousands and thousands of staff around the world.

This happened last week and some boring email was sent around. The correct thing to do is ignore it and let the team fix the distribution list

What actually happened was thousands and thousands of people were spammed all day

”not for me”

”please remove me”

”our team doesn’t handle this”

Good god, many replying are Vice Presidents and earn far more than me

No cop on at all 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I recently comment to x that I wish I was as oblivious as y a mutual acquaintance is, they gave me a lecture on how I could get into trouble and what I would miss out on in life 🙄

Atm, on Fridays I'm uncontactable in general and yesterday was no different, I asked sib to put the washing out as it was going to be a bright day and fingers crossed the worse of the wet would evaporate while it was out. Where I was had two monsoon like shower and I was fairly sure that it was the same there. It was and the washing was wetter than when it came out of the machine.

I casually asked when I arrived back, if they had those two showers and I was told "I didn't hear them anyway" now he's complaining that he has no warm clothes!

*They are too wet to go in the drier and he won't put the heat on. he seems oblivious to the cold and the extra misery having damp cloths is bringing to the house.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yet again another self proclaimed expert on sld's in this case her niece has dyspraxia(which magically was minimised by a computer programme)

I mentioned that I found my time spent with A was stressful as A is prone to bouts of speaking loudly as soon as ppl are quite and getting into cycles of asking questions that have been answered months ago as well as being answered the first time she asked. This puts me on constant high alert bc my dyspraxia can be triggered by sudden loud noises especially when they are randomly repetitive.

The expert told me I was being discriminative and I cant blame that on my condition, I was so upset that I didn't think to say well my illegible handwriting is why I cant pass exams so how does that work if I cant blame things on my "condition"

TA'ed that I'm still annoyed about this when I know so much better.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I spend most of every day in one particular room in my house. The mobile signal is poor in that room because its shelved from floor to ceiling so I generally only have one bar signal strength. I also like keeping my phone in my jeans pocket so the Pacer app can track my steps as I move around the house or take a walk outside. It's a bad combination as the phone will frequently not ring if I am in the room and its in my pocket. I end up getting texts from frustrated family members "Sort out your phone. Can't get through" etc.

I can leave the phone in the hall where the signal strength is two or three bars but then I have to rush out to answer it and because its not on me, I am not getting steps credit. Carrying it in my hand as I move around is also a nuisance.

Murphy's Law dictates that I can leave it in the hall for hours on end and nobody will try to ring me. But as soon as I decide to put it my pocket, someone will make a call and it will go straight to voicemail and once again, I get berated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The 'I am not a prude ' lot are out in force complaining about Kevin the Carrot in the Aldi ad. Like, can people not get a life and cill for 5 minutes? People are way too miserable altogether to be moaning about a parody ad on TV.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Someone close who does everything for everyone at the drop of a hat, even if it's costing her lots of money and serious amounts of time.

... And it's never reciprocated ... or just with token things like silly junk at Xmas time.

Makes me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Paying a sky sports subscription and on a Saturday afternoon, three of their channels are showing WSL football, not different matches, the same match… Everton vs Manchester City.

there are about 250 people in attendance at what looks like a club training ground… so why the fûck do sky sports think there are hordes of people interested at home and why should us subscription payers be forced to have the same match on three channels….? Considering the cost of sky these days, one hell of a piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Your first mistake is paying for a sky sports subscription, it's absolute robbery. It's far cheaper to use now tv

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not a whole lot of live men's football to show today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Is it compulsory for the driver at the front of the queue for a filter light to pay absolutely no fcuking attention as to when said light turns green? And then sit there gormlessly for another few seconds when there’s a row of traffic beeping at them? Have missed two lights today as a result of people bring dopey ****s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement