Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve discovered its also my calf ad hamstring. Bloody painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It seems to be an even bigger pain in the hole to deal with retailers in 2022 then ever before.

ordered and paid for a kitchen appliance in person, respected high street electronics retailer.

they guaranteed delivery today with a phone call this morning to advise what time.

1. no phone call..
    2. no delivery, yet..
    3. having tried to call them 6 times in the last 90 minutes, nobody there is picking up the phone..
    4. 2 more hours or so until end of business, I doubt they deliver into the evening..

320 euros spent, I’d just like, a fûckin phone call…… 🙄🙈🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Couriers. Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Finally made contact as in I to them. Delivery guy called in sick.

Delivery rescheduled to Friday… I enquired about tomorrow or Thursday and was advised all delivery slots were booked up… I enquired if they’d not be prioritising customers who’d been let down..

” it’s not our fault he was sick “

” no but it’s your fault you don’t have any recovery drivers or plan B for when that happens… and it’s certainly your fault that no phone call was made “

in this country one thing that there isn’t any shortage of is couriers and van drivers. No installing is needed for the item, just a person to deliver… it’s big so needs a van…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A bird shat on my car's door handle 🙄

• Advertisement

since I got in fitness / exercising my go to runner / trainer is a pair of air max…. Ordered a pair online, usual size, they arrive, I put them on, go to walk out of my bedroom and all of a sudden everything, everywhere is slippery. Wood floors granted… but in these there is zero grip.

Before that on unboxing I’m surprised by how light they are… but shrugged it off… after slippy time I look at the sole… that apparently appears to be a slightly mailable plastic as opposed to rubber.. little grip…. .and wearing them is generally uncomfortable.

But to be honest the shoe has the feel of a fake, which if is the case…. This store is the UKs leading sports retailer, so they tell me… but I think this is a scam sale, they’ll be getting them back….absolute… Crap….

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having to do the wash up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sounds like you were unintentionally doing the Cha Cha Slide....

TA , ocular migraines. Seriously need to change glasses soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

was wondering what the purpose of this article was

then it dawned on me:

Tubridy spoke about the abusive incident during a segment on manners, or lack thereof, since the reopening of society in the wake of Covid-19 lockdowns.

note ye capital letter for ye shamdemic malady; but, a few paras down, narys the one:

Some of his listeners were discussing social media and the toxic culture that can permeate it, and the Late Late Show presenter said he has “no part in it, thank god”.

all part of t'plan 😴

TA for reasons various :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

The quality of stick they sell/rent now at croagh Patrick. When I fist climbed it about 10 years ago, the stick was quality enough to knock a hippo out, should you have the need. The ones today would snap if you whacked it off a prawn cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'm not sure exactly what's happening in Balbriggan Clubs Community Center on a Tuesday evening but for the last two Tuesdays in a row there has been utter morons parking in the designated bus stop in front of the centre, blocking it up. Tuesday last week there were three cars parked at the bus stop, all three with their hazard lights on. Yesterday eve at 6pm the bus driver had to blast his horn to get the stupid cnut parked in the bus stop to shift themselves.

Also, on Saturday morning there were several cars going up and down a lane near Bremore Castle commonly used by dog walkers. One car just suddenly shot out while I was about to walk down the lane, startling the shite out of myself and the dog. I was carrying a bag full of my dog's poop at the time. I was quite tempted to batter the poop bag off the car windscreen (I wouldn't do such a scummy thing in real life but I did fantasize about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Two different public services made a complete mess of applications this week . Meaning we had to phone and wait snd wait and wait . Eventually someone answers who had no clue what we are talking about despite a mistake being glaringly obvious . 20 minutes later we are still “ explaining “ a very obvious mistake when the phone goes dead .

Here we go again tomorrow to start all over again to someone else

HSE and Revenue were the offenders in this incidence

Yes, we were both making spectacles of ourselves.

My sky box . Sometimes i get soccer ( cl) on it , other times it says the user doesn’t allow it in your area, Ni. I understand if its geo-blocked, but why only sometimes? What game is on rte 2 now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Im watching it on bbc , but i watched a game on rte earlier in the week. Now it’s blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just now? Hard rain being hurled on my window too loudly for comfort by a howling wind,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"You can't care about human rights in Qatar if you have a phone because lithium mines"

Whats the correct word for a person like this? I usually go with imbecile or dumb c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Checked the progress of the clothes drying on the line. They were almost there, but since there are clear skies above, I decided to leave them for 20 mins and have a cup of tea and watch the end of the Uruguay game.

Of course, it starts bucketing down when I sort of forgot about the washing and I'm annoyed I didn't bring them in when I had the chance.

Washing and drying clothes are by a distance the most frustrating of all household tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The insistence of my mother of the use a tea towel to dry ware and put them away asap.

What is the point other than drenching a towel? We're not in the fecking army. Just making needless work for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

A Spanish online sports company a fairly big one [well remain nameless] sent my order by DHL and never bothered to put my address on the package just the country I am in!!! fair dues to DHL as they contact me by phone and the delivery will be sent tomorrow. But seriously, not bothering to put the customer's address on the order!!! thats the last 140 euro order the Spanish will be getting from me.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Brake pumping idiots on my windey twisty narrow rat-run to/from work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Annoyed by morons this week.

I joined a local notice board on Facebook, which was probably a mistake in itself. The three posts I've seen so far, are 1 : Carpenter advertising, 2 : Carpenter advertising, 3 : Moron who probably knows less than one way to spell "plane" : 'Does anybody know any local carpenters?'

This seems very common on social media - morons asking questions that could be googled faster than posting the question. To make it worse, people answer! Block the f*#kers! Not just on social media - cut these wastes of oxygen from your life!

I used to run a page for a business and despite having the menu and the opening hours stickied to the the top of the page, 99% of the messages we got were either asking to see a menu or what the opening hours are. And people phoned up to ask if we're open! It's quicker to google it than ring and waste both our times!

Today I overheard an Irish woman in her late 40s who wanted to call an ambulance ask 'should I call 911?' Nearly fifty f*#king years on the planet and she doesn't know what the emergency services number is! It was almost worse that someone corrected her and said to call 112. 911 would have worked because so many morons think it's the emergency services number, they made it an emergency services number. The next time she has an emergency she'll probably forget 112 and might think 911 won't work.

Also, why was nobody's first thought 999?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

One of my older neighbours was at my door a few weeks ago yelling, "FIRE! EVACUATION!" He was in a total panic.. No idea what to do. I grabbed my phone, went to see and made the calls..

Crazy thing is he is a CB radio ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Blizzard of Black Friday emails seemingly from everyone I as much as bought a box of matches from 😄

Then I saw a nice winter beanie half price €11.50...went through to discover shipping €20.95 from The Netherlands...for a beanie....don't think so!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

First time visiting the Christmas Market on my lunchbreak. Got a cheese toastie. Takes ages to order, then they mess up my order so have to remake the damn thing, and now when I go to eat it it's poisoned with mustard. I don't mind a bit of mustard but jesus christ it's dripping out of the sandwich. It's completely inedible. Bleh. Ruined my lunch.

Walking the dog earlier on my usual forest trail when I came across a fellow walker with her two dogs off the lead. Now, surely as their owner, she'd be aware that they'd be narky around other dogs, and they were, starting barking and follow us. Winding my dog up. She standing there half-heartedly calling them back, when it was easily avoided if she had them on a leash to begin with. Too important for that though....

Went to use the bakery section in Lidl then. Woman ahead of me doing that licking the fingers routine before separating a bag to use. But then used the same hand to pick out two or three rolls from the section, with a tongs right there to use. Eugh.

On dumb people on social media, just seen the worst question ever, asked on a local 'mammies buy and sell group'

'Does anyone know if the Toy Show is on tonight, and at what time and station'

My word, I am speechless.

I dozed off watching the WC , so not much hope of sleeping tonight 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Arseholes who speed up when you’re trying to change lanes, and indicating, in heavy traffic.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement