Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My WiFi is down

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The skin under my nails tends to be attached to my nails and after taking off the plastic wrapping on a new bottle of mouth wash, my skin was separated from the nail. I now have 50 heartbeats in the tip of my index finger 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Google maps is a great tool in general but the journey time estimation bit is complete bôllocks.

I’m looking at the time it takes me to get to a particular location ..

5.3 kilometres away and by car it is suggesting the trip will take 14 minutes…. reasonably accurate if…. ‘slightly’ on the quick side…But only 19 minutes by bicycle which is absolutely nonsense.

if the average speed of the car is 50 kilometres an hour. Average cycling speed 15-18 kilometres an hour…. You don’t have be Isaac Newton to understand that even with traffic the journey should take by bicycle somewhat longer… when you can only achieve a good deal less then half the speed of a motor vehicle.

the only cycle lane is the last kilometre or so but that’s also up a seriously steep incline.

so in other words, I need not have bothered.

I had Google maps playing over car to get me to a place in Temple Bar , except it was on walk,cycle mode and took me down streets I shouldn't be even driving on !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've nicknamed the revolving door at the main entrance of my workplace "Shuddering Seamaí" This is because if you get too close to the glass partition the entire revolving door comes to an abrupt shuddering halt.

The door is divided into 4 sections. There's only supposed to be one person per section, and it's clearly marked on the door that there should be only one person at a time per section. This still doesn't stop there being 4 or more people trying to squeeze themselves into one section. When one person gets too close to the glass partition then the whole door shudders and stops. Also the stupid thing breaks down at least once per week. It's just another example of money wastage on something that's not fit for purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Leo shite talking about arming guards being headline news. Does that man ever shut up?

People who indicate left on approach to a roundabout and then don't take the available left turn. Mostly they're going straight but I've seen many drivers indicate left and then take the right turn/third exit. Me little mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Smelly people on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Smelly people anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People with big dogs they can’t control.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Seriously, I can't understand how some people can't smell themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was in Tesco earlier for the first time in a while, and I don't know why it annoyed me, but seeing a few different people wheeling their electric scooters around really bothered me. They weren't riding them, and they take up less space than a trolley so what's my problem? Is it because I'd be looked upon as a weirdo if I wheeled my bike in? 🤔

I found the remote control! It was at the foot of the bed, camouflaged by a mess of cables and wires and chargers. (I know this should be the TH thread but I don't care...I have my remo back!)

Needlessly long films. Yes, BP Wakanda Forever, I'm looking at you. A good 50 minutes of that could have been left on the cutting room floor.

That it's 404am and I'm wide awake after sleeping. Mooching around the kitchen for food

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

404 sleep not found.

TA sinus issues are low grade rumbling around in my head for ages, please eff off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Getting odd looks when I always wear an N-95 about town. Is Covid a figment of my imagination? Oh. I know. I’ve got brain fog. Whew. I was worried for a moment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

How dare you try to preserve your health and that of others? So entitled of you!

(meet your sister, Fathom...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

One of the lads in work was wearing a face mask yesterday and was almost apologetic about it, saying that he wasn't feeling well. We just said fair play for being considerate of others.

I've just been talking to our IT person about a problem I'm having with a barcode printer. I gave him all the information I could, that I'd tried to fix it myself and what I thought was wrong, so then he came down to have a look at it himself when he couldn't do anything remotely. After exhaustive checks, he told me what was wrong (without fixing it)...which was exactly what I had told him to begin with. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think a big box I had left in the living room has hurt one of my cats. My husband heard it fall over a few weeks back and she refuses to go into the room now so I think it must've fallen on her. She's been hiding it well if she is hurt.

Stupid box. Stupid me for leaving the stupid box where I did.

I wear a mask when out. Its just easier than shaving 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

TV programs where the dialog can't be heard properly

, I know it's hot, but I don't like seeing adult men wearing sandals with no socks, it's not a pretty sight, maybe I'm old fashioned I think it's odd when people wear standard formal shoes with no socks. Inflation, all kinds of goods, chocolate, sweets are the same price, but smaller, websites that say allow notifications, f off, i don't want to be getting messages every time there's a new article on 100s of websites I read maybe one article on per week

Beggars asking for 2 euro,

WTF? One euro is not enough now.

People making up non existing words on podcasts eg there's an Irish podcast people send in problems to be discussed

The say our askers to refer to people who write in Marian Keyes is a writer can she not use correct grammar

The word she's looking for is correspondents or listener

It's cold around 8 degrees everyday

Why are they still young men going around wearing shorts

Business who don’t / won’t pick up the phone to customers..

especially one that is quite off the beaten track and must be accustomed to people needing to be calling them to check stock / sizes before they make a trip. in my case now this trip would be to a different county, 56 kilometres away from home google maps say …. So you know, answer the phone ! I’m not wasting hours of my time and 112 kilometres worth of petrol…

over a couple of weeks I sent a message on social media, nada, and over a customer query form on their website and that receipt was acknowledged… “ replies are usually within 48 hours “… about 5 weeks later and nothing. Now, 7 attempts to call them at varying points between 14.00-17.35 but the phone of this international fashion retailer is just repeatedly ringing out…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Useless kernt, professional buck passing Public Health "Nurse" who, last week, assured both a Discharge co-ordinator and me that relatives full home help package is up and running to start tomorrow evening following discharge. Except its not, and she wasn't going to inform either party! Only for the persistence of the co-ordinator who's had previous experience of this useless article, he would have been discharged tomorrow without the supports required. At least another week in a facility he was sent to in October for a few weeks for the sole purpose of sorting this out. She didn't start trying to do it till he'd been in there a month and then she delegated it to a Community Nurse, who's job it definitely isn't but in fairness to her, did a great job sourcing equipment.

"What level of support do you need?"This is the opener they use when they are trying to convince you to accept less supports than the professionals recommend. "The ones outlined in black and white on the discharge letter in front of you, sent from the University Hospital that you received a month ago!" was my reply. PHN actually said to me last week, out loud, without a hint of shame in her voice "my role in this is to submit the application forms, and I've done that". So no follow up, no checking to see who is chasing things up when the designated person responsible is on leave? And then to deliberately try and hoodwink me and a senior colleague in the Community Hosipital, not to mention putting my relative and me at risk of injury if he'd actually been discharged tomorrow- all just to cover her ass cos she couldn't be bothered to do her job. Utterly, fukking disgraceful and shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That's very frustrating and seems to be frequently occurring with Irish retailers.

The ideal solution is to buy elsewhere (online) and then call the dozy bastards out on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

In fairness it is mild enough, I spend most of the time in a t-shirt

I normally love dry cold weather, though my walking is very dodgy today

Yeah…The idea of ‘customer services’ seems to have been dying a death in the last decade.

then during the pandemic every business owner, leader, representative or whomever, lecturing anyone who would be in earshot .. “ support Irish business, less restrictions etc “ ad fûcking nauseam…

But now you can’t get a cünt to answer the phone. 🤪

I put chicken skewers in the microwave. Best before 26th nov and i see its the 29th 🤬🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The Dunnes Stores that I shop in recently changed their lights in store and I really don't like them as they have a bizarre effect on me in that it brings on headaches and I feel unwell. I cannot wait to get out of the place but it's been mental the past few weeks, absolutely thronged with people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement