Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You are sitting at your office desk and someone calls over to discuss something.

You load the excel file/report, etc on your monitor so you can both check it

And then your visitor jabs their fingers onto your monitor screen ?!? Have you no personal boundaries?

And it’s not even necessary, any primary school child can look and point. Why are you putting your greasy paws on my monitor screen? 😡

That’s my TA and far too common

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When you're expecting a credit card bill to be in the loose change category and turns out to be a few hundred...all correct too...forgotten purchases 😄

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The in-laws (toddlers in tow) are calling tomorrow during all the World Cup games. I will have to feign interest in talking to them whilst trying to watch the matches.

Had a blow up with the wife last night when she landed me with this news. Shes still pissed off with me.

Why cant I just be left alone?......dont get me started on Christmas, the worst time of year for fakeness.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Car failure on the coldest/snowy day of the year, not even related to the cold 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There are three bathrooms in this house but I'm convinced my sister lies in wait to see which specific one I'm about to use so she can jump in there before me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The attractive woman has returned to the gym. She uses the only squat rack for over an hour when she's here.

Post edited by ancapailldorcha on

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

If I'm in the vet's reception area with my cat in a carrier, please control your fcuking mutt and shorten his lease if he keeps jumping on people. My cat is already poorly, I don't need your "aww he's just an excited puppy" barking and jumping at her to stress her out even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My neighbour accross the road, a nice enough but an increasingly eccentric woman.

Same as last time, she decided to clear her driveway and car of snow and ice by just shovelling it from her driveway to the path and road outside…. Ice and snow on top of ice and snow. 🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This isn't the things that trivially arouse you thread. 😉

EDIT: Now with added emoji power

Post edited by Deebles McBeebles on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

TA...Boards seems to have lost it's ability to take a joke or sense sarcasm. Not related to this thread, (or maybe it is, the dark horse can enlighten me on that one) just seems to be the way it is now. Since semi-returning to Boards I often see obvious jokes that have been taken in a way they were never meant to be. Seems like we used to have a bit more of a laugh on AH.

If the post wasn't appropriate for the thread, that's fine. I've removed it. If it was a joke, you could have added an emoji or something. Hard to tell when it's all text. TA.

H. H. Asquith

Ah shite, I was joking. This is exactly what I was talking about above. Maybe I should use emojis, never usually would. I would usually have quite dry humour delivered with a straight face so that part is a bit foreign to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

"Excuse me, I'm interested in your rack..."

🤣

Seriously tho, chat her up next time.

Nah. She comes in with headphones on and one of the least welcoming demeanours I've seen in anyone. I've no interest in being the gym creep. I go at 6am to get away from most people.

TA that there's another woman who comes in and sits on said only squat rack for an hour tapping at her phone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My feet won't warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Enjoying your semi, Deebs. Maybe this is the start of AH being funny, and less “political”, again.

Anyway, my TA is people not getting the snow/ice off the top of their car before heading out into traffic.

Also, people using their phones while driving on ice.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Irish people's inability to dress for this weather. There's been snow on the ground all day where I am and the amount of people I've seen out and about in, like, Converse is just mind-boggling.

Also, bare ankles. It's -2, FFS!

Confirmed sighting of the Shorts-in-all-weather brigade just in too 🙄🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had to go to the shop but the car was frozen over. Put warm water over it and ,with the cold, felt the urge to pee. By the time I came out the windows were frozen again 😡😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Just drove past a gaggle of school girls in skirts and knee socks. Ridiculous carry on in this weather.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Hey you , less of the misandry !!. Us daddies know that too ! 😬😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bought something that's a few hours drive away and don't know when I'll get the time to collect it.

I want it now 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭galwayguy85

TA’d that the chance to present my vaccination QR code (using the apps that are the standard for other EU countries) is on the wane. Nothing more would annoy/confuse those in low administrative positions (without the requisite gear to actually interpret the code) than the German, French etc app layout. 😀

My retort was always that the QR code is recognised all over Europe. 🇪🇺

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There can't be a house in the country without a hi-vis jqacket of some sort lying around yet there's quite an abundance or dark clothed walkers, runners and cyclists about in less than 50 metre visibility all over the city 😡🤬

That I went to bed , and up again. I become wide awake when I go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I remember all that from raising twin orphan lambs..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Maddening ..Only thing that works for me is codeine. On prescription for other reasons.. Mine are often low blood sugar too so something sweet ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

What trivially annoys me about this is the logic,

Standing at a freezing, wet, breezy bus stop, I had neck pain from swivelling to see if my bus was coming(there was a curve with a wall, so it would just appear out of nowhere)

A couple arrived and stood a few feet away from the stop, one was smoking and it was drifting towards me(I'm very allergic to it) so I moved into the shelter to stand close to the person I was talking too. I mentioned to her that I was moving to get away from the smoke(in response to her looking alarmed at me moving towards her)

The couple overheard me(though I don't know how as I was trying to be quietly spoken) and the smoker asked me if they weren't good enough for me? I said no I was just trying to avoid the smoke as I have a chest condition that smoke triggers.

The smoker snaps back and says "I have asthma too, how do you think I feel"?

What????????????????????????????????????

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement