Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That takes planning ahead. I needed a stamp that day. Not in 2 days time

TA when people read my TAs and think they can offer a better solution.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe they're just trying to turn that frown :( upside down... ):

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The inevitability of folk ringing into Joe Duffy soon to moan about their Ulster Bank or KBC account being locked out on them, despite there being near constant adverts in media and on radio for 6 months, telling them to get their ar$e in gear and sort them out.

"It's a disgrace Joe, I never heard any advert"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Ah sure, was just suggesting you buy a couple to have on hand. Keep them in your wallet next to the emergency condom.

They don't expire (unlike aforementioned condom), and will still be valid for national postage in ten years time (even if the price of stamps go up).

But sure, do as you wish!

🤗

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The one or 2 times in a decade I will need a stamp? What are the chances that I will be able to find it in 5 years time?

TA being dragged into debates that you have no interest in being involved with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Ah, sure then queue the couple of times a decade you need a stamp.

There is (was) a stamp vending machine at the GPO, and the PO in Rathmines. And I've seen them in some shopping centres... St Stephen's Green, The Square, Liffey Valley.... But sure they're probably out of order ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TA about a debate about the merits of ordering stamps.

Nobody died, there was a minor (i.e. trivial) irritation in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Had €20 in my pocket yesterday that seems to have vanished into thin air 🙄

Can't find it and I've searched everywhere ☺️

TA where people have to have the last word. It is particularly bad on boards the last year or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Work colleague bringing me a breakfast bap for morning tea break.

A) I didn't ask for it

B) I now feel obliged to buy her something in return

C) It's not helping my diet

D) Its gonna ruin my lunch, I don't normally eat a second breakfast at 10am.

(I did eat it though, and it was delicious, god dammit!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Sick again. Convinced it's finally going to be Covid after having swerved it this long.

Yep, unicorn status officially revoked.

😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Three times i've phoned my pharmacy in the last 30 minutes and they haven't picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Like a character out of Dickens, you are TA'd at the shadows of the things that Will be.

You are the Ghost of TA Future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Filling stations - people not buying fuel using the space beside the pump as a parking space.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Near fully thawed, 3-4 degrees warmer, bit of cloud cover & I'm feckin colder than I have been the last 6 days 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Famous isn't famous anymore and to some extent we all live in our own media bubbles and don't hear about anything that goes on outside them. There's a difference though, between living in a bubble, and living in a cave. A woman on a radio quiz a couple of weeks ago didn't know where the world cup was on. I mean, even if you've no interest in football you'd think you'd hear someone discussing it at some point. Even if not discussing the football, discussing the blatant corruption in FIFA or the horrendous human rights abuses over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

'Ah sure you know yourself' ... 'yeah'

'Are you with me' ... 'I'm with you'

The Three and Vodafone ads. Plus every other OTT totes emosh ad that TV seems to be awash with nowadays. So so cringey.

Not really trivial, I guess. I've to self-isolate in my room for a week now and I'm cracking up already. I may have to pinch my sister's TV but even then, I have no idea how I'm going to get through this.

When you click on a thread on boards and start reading the new posts. Then realise you cannot remember what thread you clicked on and the posts are not making any sense. Please tell me it is not just me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If these are the current guidelines then it seems he/she is correct to isolate.

Personally in my house we decided long ago that if one of us gets covid we are all getting it. May be irresponsible but I wasn't about to isolate one of my kids regardless of the guidelines.

Also I would have zero issue going outside with covid as long as it wasn't a risk to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Some of us do, as a precaution for spreading any virus. It's the safest thing for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, I thought I was invincible (too) until last week. Ah well...

My trivial annoyance is that I slept for 2.5 hours this evening so I'll probably be awake until it's time to get up for work in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I’m back up out of bed , with nothing to do. Wordle is done. Boards and FoG caught up on . Plus I’m freezing . Sorry to hear @Dial Hard you tested positive. i’m also starving but my next door neighbour will be banging on the wall if I nuke my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pawwed Rig

TA being dragged into debates that you have no interest in being involved with.

😯 You must really hate being a mod then.

Pawwed Rig

...Please tell me it is not just me??

it's just you. 😉 😝

Pawwed Rig

TA when people read my TAs and think they can offer a better solution.

We're helpful that way, you're welcome. 😀

Pawwed Rig

TA where people have to have the last word...

ok 🤪 😁

(Don't mind me, 😁 I'm just funnin' ya Rigs)

My TA is being a bit stressed with too much to do between now and Christmas, then it will be over before I could even enjoy the short season. 😡

Post edited by Deja Boo on

Plus all these revolving "ads by google" taking over half the screen and covering content - above, below, beside... I thought finding forums was bad enough - Boards might as well erase the entire Categories section, no way to navigate around the adverts to simply get to the now hidden menu.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Advertisement

Cause dem's de rules and I'm prepared to uphold my side of the social contract.

I also live with my parents who are in their 70s and haven't had it yet.

But mostly because I feel you'd want to be some prick to knowingly go out and interact with people while carrying a virus that caused the entire world to grind to a halt for the guts of two years. But maybe that's just me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement