Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I'm in a house share, most of the lads are sound, I share with 5 but one takes the utter piss. He is on DA and stays up all night in the living room, drinking and being generally noisy which is directly below my room and he loves the sound of his own voice, that's all I can hear all the time, he always has to talk about something so its absolute constant. He stays up till 7 or 8 in the morning and man I do be in some moods about it. Recently if he's downstairs I turn on my projector as it has a fan so creates the white noise effect to drown him out, but I shouldn't have to do this in first place. I wish there was a way I could report him and have his disability allowance removed.

What’s DA?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

What’s DA?

Disability Allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'm in a house share, most of the lads are sound, I share with 5 but one takes the utter piss. He is on DA and stays up all night in the living room, drinking and being generally noisy which is directly below my room and he loves the sound of his own voice, that's all I can hear all the time, he always has to talk about something so its absolute constant. He stays up till 7 or 8 in the morning and man I do be in some moods about it. Recently if he's downstairs I turn on my projector as it has a fan so creates the white noise effect to drown him out, but I shouldn't have to do this in first place. I wish there was a way I could report him and have his disability allowance removed.

I’ve lived with noisy fûckers,,, you can be an alcoholic and sit in your room, getting shîtfaced, watching Netflix, playing PS4/Ps5/XBox ie. spending time not moving your mouth and impacting the wellbeing and quality of life of those around you....

Have you attempted to use peer pressure aka a sit down with the four normal ones and him to impart the difficulty he is bringing to you ?

I’d do that once, a second time if needed, third time, all bets and gloves are off, I’d record him, screenshot the time and hound the landlord till they kick him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Strumms wrote: »
    I’ve lived with noisy fûckers,,, you can be an alcoholic and sit in your room, getting shîtfaced, watching Netflix, playing PS4/Ps5/XBox ie. spending time not moving your mouth and impacting the wellbeing and quality of life of those around you....

Have you attempted to use peer pressure aka a sit down with the four normal ones and him to impart the difficulty he is bringing to you ?

I’d do that once, a second time if needed, third time, all bets and gloves are off, I’d record him, screenshot the time and hound the landlord till they kick him out.

I tried to talk to him and the other house mates countless times, but he doesn't seem to have the spatial awareness that he has a deeply bassy voice that fecking carries.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I tried to talk to him and the other house mates countless times, but he doesn't seem to have the spatial awareness that he has a deeply bassy voice that fecking carries.

Then just inform the landlord, record the noise on your phone, a log of the instances of disturbances, the log chats you had, his reaction to what was said ie committing to moderate his behavior to a reasonable and considerate level, or otherwise, the impact it’s having on your wellbeing living there... you believe further communications will be futile and you’d ask that he be given notice....in order to secure a reasonable, happy and healthy living environment...

30/05... 00.14.. singing in the kitchen 30 minutes

... etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Every time there is nice weather during a weekend, the next day will inevitably have stories about mountains of litter left in its wake.

Whether is it the fault of the council for not providing enough bins or people not taking personal responsibility for their rubbish, it is an absolute f*cking disgrace!

And this has been happening long before COVID so you can't blame people's frustration with being locked down for so long, which isn't even a valid excuse anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

First decent sunny day of what has been a poxy 2021.

I'm sitting out, cold beer, Bowie on the stereo and my neighbour is DIY-ing.

In a mobile home holiday park.

Give it a f(king miss for one day with the hammering.

And breathe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

shar01 wrote: »

And breathe.....

We've a neighbour like this. Spends every nice day titivating his garden, never actually thinks "do you know what someday I'll be six feet under, so I'm gonna sit and have a beer and enjoy it". Seem to be a lot of people like that. I bet all the woodies etc are all packed today with people frantically buying plants and garden furniture. By the time it's all assembled the sun will be gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No matter what kind of mask I wear, it makes my nose run, I cant fix it until I leave the shop.
    Fair enough think of other ppl, BUT does the cutie I have a gazing relationship with always have to see me just as I'm wiping my nose? every.single.time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bredabe wrote: »
    Emailed my "academic assistant" to show him my feedback, grade and to say how much I appreciated his help this year(he literally kept me sane)

He's not responded to me yet, Im like a teenager checking my emails waiting to see his response.

Ta Im behaving like a teenager over this.
    Like in my teens, he's still not responded!
    Taed Im too shy to whatsapp him.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ice cream vans music, ffs shut up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Antares35 wrote: »
    We've a neighbour like this. Spends every nice day titivating his garden, never actually thinks "do you know what someday I'll be six feet under, so I'm gonna sit and have a beer and enjoy it". Seem to be a lot of people like that. I bet all the woodies etc are all packed today with people frantically buying plants and garden furniture. By the time it's all assembled the sun will be gone :D

Same here. Some dickhead down the street started up a chainsaw at 8.15 yesterday morning....for about 10 mins! I’m sure whatever he was doing could have waited a couple hours..

Now I have motorbike man, revving the **** out of the bike in his driveway. Rev it up and Fcuk off already!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Same here. Some dickhead down the street started up a chainsaw at 8.15 yesterday morning....for about 10 mins! I’m sure whatever he was doing could have waited a couple hours..

Now I have motorbike man, revving the **** out of the bike in his driveway. Rev it up and Fcuk off already!

But if he doesn't rev it then how will you know he has a big manhood? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Antares35 wrote: »
    But if he doesn't rev it then how will you know he has a big manhood? :S

Reminds me of the old one..

“What’s red and white, and wobbles between a mans legs?

.....A Honda 50! 😂

My TA is....most people shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a roll
    Of clingfilm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

eisenberg1 wrote: »

House alarm here.....I think it must be heat sensitive as every single time it's warm enough to sit out the back the fecker goes off for a good half hour at a time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

House alarm here.....I think it must be heat sensitive as every single time it's warm enough to sit out the back the fecker goes off for a good half hour at a time.
    Why don't you turn it off, then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Christian Jessen making a nasty tweet about Arlene Foster and now sets up a Go Fund me to cover his fine . Eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »
    Why don't you turn it off, then? :pac:

For one don't know the code!

Secondly, it's pretty frowned upon to go into someone's house and mess with their alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

For one don't know the code!

Secondly, it's pretty frowned upon to go into someone's house and mess with their alarm!

My next door neighbour used to have a friend house sharing. Most of the time the two of them were very quiet, but one weekend the neighbour who owners the house went away and the tenant decided to have a party entirely on his own. Music was blaring. It didn’t really bother me until about 2 AM, when I decided enough was enough, so I called in. The bloke answered the door stoned off his face, and I politely asked him if he could turn it down.

He apologised profusely in the way only someone stoned off their face can, and said he would. I thank him and head back to bed, and next thing the music volume goes up instead of down.

I left it about 20 minutes and then called in again. No answer, which wasn’t a surprise since the music was so loud. So I tried the door. It was open, so I went into the hall and called out. Still no answer. Headed into the living room at the back of the house, to find yer man out for the count on the sofa, with the stereo up at maximum volume. So I turned it off completely and tip-toed out.

On the way out I was thinking of flipping the main switch on his fuse board just inside the front door, just to be sure the music wouldn’t come in again (there’s no way he’d have figured it out or even found his way to it in the dark), but decided to keep this trick for next time - but it wasn’t needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just had to go next door myself and tell my new (ish) neighbours to keep the noise down. They're beside me a year now and are really great, but tonight there was a deep bass line coming through the walls, I could hear it all over my house even in my bedroom which is furthest from them and it was really getting to me. Think DUM DUM DU-DUM. Had been going on intermittently all evening since about 7 but I let it go as it was earlyish. This has never happened before! Not even with the countless renters occupying before they bought it.
    Hope they continue to be great, I sort of caught them on the hop and I mentioned quickly to tell me if noise from my house was bothering them anytime!

• Advertisement

And a house alarm is now going off down the road.

I'm sick reading headlines about how "wonderful" our vaccine rollout is. They're really clutching at straws. Things like "50% of all 60 year olds have received first vaccine" and "12% of all 78 year olds received full vaccine" and "91% of all adults will receive first dose by July".

"198% of all guide dogs to be given the kennel cough vaccine but only the ones with three legs who can play the banjo".

Just fúck off and needle as many people as you can and tell us when it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bredabe wrote: »
    No matter what kind of mask I wear, it makes my nose run, I cant fix it until I leave the shop.
    Fair enough think of other ppl, BUT does the cutie I have a gazing relationship with always have to see me just as I'm wiping my nose? every.single.time.

This happens to me too, I usually grab a few napkins from the deli area and when I get out of the shop I have a good blow. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Danny Dyer. To be accurate, his effing accent , and the way he talks / shouts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My mask setting off a sneezing episode as soon as I put it on before getting on the bus.

Also a delivery that was supposed to arrive on Friday. The OH was sleeping after doing an overnight shift so the delivery was supposedly left in a neighbour's house by the courier. When I called to the neighbour in question she said that she had no deliveries that day. So now I'm not sure whether the courier gave me the wrong house number and left the delivery with a different neighbor, or whether the first neighbor just stole my delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

There's two lady presenters on today fm and both their overuse of the word gorgeous in every second sentence is noxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Drivers with complete disregard for residents when parking around beaches.

Yes I understand that the weather is finally good. But that doesn't give you the right to block someones drive-way, or essentially abandon your car along the road which causes traffic jams. Or to park up at the access point for the lifeboat.

A very popular cliff-walk and pier nearby was thronged yesterday with idiots like that. Even heard stories of lads wrecklessly flying about on their jetskis among swimmers and a couple of close-calls. I was in the same place over a month ago, and it was bad that day too, but it was at least two-fold worse yesterday.

Very few native accents or local number-plates among the crowd too I would guess. Like a mini-Finglas.

This is why, as someone who has lived near beaches all my life, I find them the most over-rated thing to do on a warm day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

shar01 wrote: »

And breathe.....

Similar here, one neighbour strimming for hours on Saturday, then Sunday the power wash king gets going on the other side.

WTF could you be powerwashing that takes four hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Ice cream vans music, ffs shut up already.

Have seen our local one picking his ear and then handling the cones with no gloves. Should have got a photo of him doing it and put it up in the area.

Mmm! you want some earwax instead of raspberry sauce with your 99 :pac:

• Advertisement

Mimon wrote: »
    Similar here, one neighbour strimming for hours on Saturday, then Sunday the power wash king gets going on the other side.

WTF could you be powerwashing that takes four hours!

My neighbours spend about two hours power washing each of their cars every few weeks. Really annoying, makes me want water charges brought in! I wash mine at a car wash power washer facility a few miles away, it can be cheap as I only pay for what I use.
    I'd still prefer the power washers to the bass pumping through all the walls I had last night. Must remember to thank him again for turning it down!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement