Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Got home from work to find we've "people over for drinks", to say I was annoyed is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I realised I was older than most of the players in the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

The side ads that appear in Boards. When I try to increase the size of a picture/post, the fecking ad covers it. FFs Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You missed out so.

You're definitely too old to make the next one! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA at black ice.

It's everywhere this morning.

Headed to work early this morning and up the road there was a car stuck in a ditch.

Got into work and hear there was another crash out the road and the road is closed.

As I left the workplace around 8am, could hear sirens in the distance.

I'm out in it now for the day and it's lethal so will be glad when I finish in the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Early yesterday morning I tried to call a few businesses/firms to get confirmation of details for a donation, no responses so I emailed/pm/tweeted as appropriate.

26 hours later and no responses(not even a auto message) and being the weekend I don't expect any till Tue. Ta, businesses not on top of their message while they would have called my boss by now if I had been unresponsive this long.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Went to my yarn box, sure I still had plenty ( I use oddballs and they are given as this is always good cause knitting and always small items) to find barely any yarn left.

There may be some stuck in the post with the weather and all ..

I would rather be without food than without yarn to knit ..

More than TA that my trusty hot water bottle decided to pee prolifically all over my pillows and bedding...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TA at cowards who lack the integrity to say things directly to you, but scurry behind your back to talk about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

It's the worst today

I was able to go for walks during week but this morning, I was slipping all over the driveway. Roads in my estate were awfully bad. On the back road, I skidded. Thankfully was going slowly enough and nothing coming in opposite direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,678 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I like the drama bits of Seinfeld. But jayus, when he does the standup bits in an episode I have to reach for the remote. Annoy's me it seems very wooden and soulless to me. But that doesn’t make any sense because Seinfeld is one of the writers.producers on the show

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Plenty of these morons around where I am too. Though I hold the council partly responsible as well. Densely populated area with a serious lack of pedestrian routes.

But still eejits should still be clued in enough to wear some reflective material

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Rechargeable hot water bottle Grace's7, powerful heat without the pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

My Godson gave me one last year for Christmas. It's brilliant, stays hot (but not too hot), all night. So much easier than a water one. I told my 92 year aunt about it and she bought one. She goes sea swimming weekly and brings it with her for the drive home. Loves it.

Lovely idea but I had one once but it was never as hot as I need/like them.. I reverted to this one .

The real kick in the guts is when you find yourself thinking ‘that ref looks young!’

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people who cannot just sit down and watch a film, TV show, whatever.. in silence without constantly bleating on about something, constantly..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just heard that Home & Away is on Amazon Prime Video - episodes going back to 1988.

I have Amazon Prime.

But Home & Away (and everything else it seems) is "unavailable in your country" - any way around this?

I normally hide a good bit of spare cash (in an auld pen case) deep in auld boots with shoe flap down - underneath a load of other auld boots fired all over the place bottom of wardrobe. Strategy to it a robber would have to root through the shoes/boots. Even when burgled once cash was not found.

It was a foolproof system, or so I thought. But my elderly mother went to throw out some auld boot with holes in it a few years ago.

Fortunately, I saved them when I found out early enough, as they were the ones with the cash in it. Lesson learnt or so I thought.

This week I needed cash, Boots all neatly ordered - ‘bad sign’ says I.

I panicked a bit given the historical precedent. Knew the mother had ‘invaded’. Checked each shoe no sign of the pen case or that ‘significant shoe’.

I asked my mother was she ‘tidying’ again. ‘Oh yes’ said she. She said ‘threw out some shoes’. But not to worry because she checked after what happened the last time.

I asked deep in shoe/boot? Silence.

Now I feel guilty because I know her little heart will be broke. After I said she should not be interfering. And of course she said the Irish mammy thing of ‘I always try and do my best for you’. Bins have long gone.

But now I know my mam will be wracked with guilt. And I feel sorry for the auld one.

I’m one of those- worse when I appear in the middle of it and ask what it is about. And who ‘yer man’ is or ‘yer wan’?

• Advertisement

Me too! Not only do I ask all of those questions, I start chatting about general stuff too, pause it for toilet visits, pause it for food and coffee, play on my phone then ask more questions about the bits I’ve missed!! Maybe this is why no-one wants to watch a movie with me???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think I'm on the way to being officially old. Just watched a satire video and I don't get most of the references.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Sorry for your troubles - you can see how she was only helping. Find a better place to hide your cash. I had my old wedding and engagement rings in a dress coat pocket (I’m no longer married but was keeping them for my daughter) and had a clean out and its gone!! I’m disappointed at my stupidity but had no attachment to the so can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've never understood the stash of cash in the house thing. My brother's friend used to keep about 20 grand in cash in the house at all times "just in case". My brother asked what he'd do if the house went on fire and he goes "Oh I've thought of that. It's wrapped in tinfoil". 🙄🙄🙄

I'll never understand how someone that stupid has that much money in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Smart TVs that turn themselves off while you are watching a film and you don't know how to get back to the television channel. (Was at my sisters so don't really know how their TV works.)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

It was't 20 grand in my case, fortunately! More like about three hundred euro and 200 sterling. In case I lose my bankcard or need cash. But I like the 'tin foil' logic.

Die hard 1 was on last night by the way on the telly. Then I thought of your username on this yoke - wish I had a username half as catchy..Annoys me that I didn't think of catchy pun username. That is another trivial annoyance.

I suppose another trivial thing that annoys me in that I miss those auld phones that you had to twist around to dial. Making a phone call was a real 'event'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I see you have been trying to watch a film with most of my family lol, the one that gets me, is the fidgeting with ANYTHING that makes a noise, sweet wrappers. paper towels(can be done) tea spoons in glasses. drives me daft. Especially when we have all decided to watch together.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Being dependent on my family to bring me food. I'm starving to death here.

Wait until the in laws and relations etc arrive at Christmas it is the start of all rows.

First you have to decide on something everyone wants to watch. Then you have to watch it 'together' because it is a 'family event'.

Then you will have some who are hard of hearing, fiddling with the volume. Then you have the flicking around during ads (if watching on old telly) missing the film by the time the person with the remote gets back to it.

And all that is before you get the noise issues, and someone not knowing what it was supposed to be about.

Then after all that after it is over someone says 'that was shite!' And someone else says 'no-one made you watch it'.

All the trivial annoyances build up to raging point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The same person I’m referring to here is a ‘fidigiter’. Sweet wrappers is their ‘thing’..

from having to get up 5 minutes in because they want to wear their other glasses. “ these ones are no use, marked “…. Been saying that for three years… trying to stop the film but end up fast forwarding 😅 , need a drink that they of course couldn’t have procured ‘before’ the film started…..

or answering the phone during it is another… I’ve gone to the repeated action of putting the voicemail on..

some people can’t just sit back, relax, watch and do nothin… weird phenomenon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement