Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

Richie Sadlier. Jesus Christ. What are rte thinking having him as a regular panelist?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I love him, but he does have a terrible voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Wrong thread again sorry lads - trivial things that annoy you eejits like me posting in wrong thread.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

deleted wrong thread

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Christmas hordes.. Lost all ability to navigate in any predictable way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I wondered who the hell he was. I watched the final on BBC, I actually wanted to understand what was happening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I knew i had to get something in the shop , which closes at 10. By thr time I remembered what it was it was 10,10 😡

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I can't find the lid for one of my trusted plastic containers and I have to bring a dessert into work tomorrow. Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

”Sorry I was on mute”

Hey it happens to all of us in conference calls and meetings, no big deal. I do it myself time to time

We have a conference team meeting every morning, some are at home and some are in the office

Every…….single…..day my teammate is on mute and slows everyone down. The whole office world adapted to this over 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The amount of people who when you ask two questions in an email, will respond to one...

Pretty much always the last one too. It's like they don't have the capacity to deal with two things at once; your second question pushed the first one out of their head.

I've taken to emailing one question at a time. Takes way longer and people probably must think they get loads of emails, but it mostly seems to work.

Imagine if I asked three!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That reminds me during lockdowns I booked to attend an online event - not work related.

It was mentioned and reiterated several times, not to have cameras on, but the organiser still had to remind several people several times on the night. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I decided to get out for a walk between the rain and although I accepted that there was a risk of me getting a wet arse (which I did), I had not anticipated the bird crapping on me 😡 To make matters worse, I had already put on the washing this morning not expecting anything else requiring a wash 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Tummy bug today, pain the belly and back, and all the bathroom antics.

Cross and cranky and want to be left alone. Snapping at uncle for not helping to put away shopping or look after the stove. Then feel bad as he has cognitive impairment and doesn't get what I'm growling about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That I did full hair and make-up for an online job interview today, but can't go anywhere cause I'm still in Covid borstal. What a waste of effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Changing the duvet cover and they won't co-operate with me.

Dear Santa may I have a pile of wool blankets and a bedspread please 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Row at home over furniture.

A really beautiful antique console table around 70-80 years old with a lot of sentimental photos on it, some older then that table is being moved or attempting to be moved to facilitate a new place for the bigger humongous Xmas tree which in it current position is in the way of… everything and everyone. A trip hazard in fact.

but my Dad being on the sentimental / awkward side is not keen on the idea of moving the table…and transferring a few of the photos…which is the easiest and most efficient solution… ‘that’s always been there’.. is the thinking….

it and they are not going to be fired into a skip ffs , just moved….!

there is of course nothing wrong with sentimentality but ‘that’s how it’s always been’ is a pretty unhelpful standpoint when an impasse exists that there must be a solution for……..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It's right there in the name, Richie SADlier. I actually prefer listening to Danny Murphy, as much as it pains me to admit that.

Start an Only Fans account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

More than TAed that I have NEVER heard of these before!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You stand at a bus stop for over 20 minutes with other commuters

Only when the city bus arrives do they begin to search their bottomless handbag for their ticket or cash and delay everyone

Why aren’t you ready??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The bus driver for the 101 bus never turned up this morning which meant we all had to get the 101X bus instead. This left me off miles away from my workplace.

Also I ordered coal and logs on Friday from a local supplier, specifically stating that I would like them delivered on Monday. When I asked him on Monday morning what time he would be calling, he said that he called around on Saturday evening but there was nobody at home. I told him in a nice way that it was actually Monday I wanted the delivery and not Saturday. He never bothered to reply to my text after that. He can shove his coal now. He can't even read a bloody text properly 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My son has a bug ,now my partner.

I bet we all get it by Christmas 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Need to procure a spare smart key for an 18 month old car having had the spare one damaged..

Contacted the dealership by phone… 350 euros. A solid relationship with sales guy, six cars have been purchased from him brand new in four or five years across the family… so roughly 250,000 give or take..

considering this is mainly .4 lbs of plastic with a tiny microchip and minimal wiring, minimal metal…no probs he asks for a hundred quid, whatever…but 350 ??? I could get a very good smartphone for that…The only thing it does is unlock it, lock it, open the boot and start it.

our car as he will well be aware of is due to be changed every two years, March coming is the two year anniversary of its purchase…soooo maybe if he’s smart be willing to take half the hit on the fûckin key…

im already promoting the idea with family of choosing a new dealership just to annoy the cünt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

When you happily swear in your own language and forget that your colleague can understand you, and you have to apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

They're the same ones always complaining that the bus is late. (no wonder!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,176 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lazy postman repeatedly delivering our letters to neighbours. He has one job, inherited from his daddy, and can't even do it properly. Public jobs have so many dead weight useless people employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I can't seem to get warm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Probably coming down with something, some chopped up ginger, honey and a dash of black currant in hot water usually spruces me up add brown sugar if you like. As long as you're not allergic to any of the ingredients.

Or get the axe out, break a few blocks. Let the weight of the axe do the work, no need for brute force and watch out for an uneven block it could slip and hit you in the shin's or go through the porch window or take out the head light of your car..... Happens...

It may be safer to stick with the hot fruity herbal remedy 🤣👍

• Advertisement

I just drank a pint of Guinness zero for the first time in my life and it feels wrong. I mean it tastes the same but I don’t know…..

It was once described to me like going down on your sister.

I now understand the sentiment, I feel dirty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement