Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Our postman has been brilliant all though covid etc etc. So I can't complain about An Post deliveries at all. Excellent service. Hopefully I didn't just put the kibosh on that. 🤣

Some other couriers leave stuff in the rain and don't even ring the doorbell nearly a year after lockdown being lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Almost December 21 and I still haven't summoned up the will or energy to put up my lights and Christmas tree.

I'm working from home but I'm out of the house a lot on leisure activities.

Normally would have them up around the 15th but couldn't bring myself to do it. And it'll be almost pointless anyway as I'll be spending most of Christmas with family 50 miles away...

Stuck a candle bridge in the front window as lip service. I'm annoyed with myself as I love Christmas lights! Maybe I'll have a run at it tomorrow...which I have been saying every day for a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

@gormdubhgorm re: Guinness Zero:

It's wonderful stuff. I expected it to be horrible when I first tried it. Now it's all I drink if I can get it.

TA: the way most non alcoholic beers have a syrupy aftertaste....but not Guinness Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to turn on the top oven in my cooker, it doesn’t seem to work 😡

Daphinose ? potatoes. The breakfast of kings 😝

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Loads of people I know went down on your sister but I don't remember anyone saying they felt guilty afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A video surfacing where hundreds of Argentinian fans descended on the home of Lionel Messi. Right up his driveway, outnumbered Police having to hold back crowds on his drive ( which they only just about do ) so he can drive his car into his garage…

if you hold someone in such elevated esteem, why in the name of fûck would you descend on their property freaking them and loved ones out….

surely for all he’s achieved the fella deserves better, whatever about turning up at an airport…or another controlled environment but his gaff, nah come on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I was like that this year too.

Took stuff down from the attic a few weeks back and then just left it but did a bit here and there over the last few days and now it's done. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭noahungry

Tried to close the bedroom door this morning and the nob just stayed in my hand. Just a regular Incredible Hulk adding to his list of unnecessary expenses.  

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Took me 3 weeks to get through to my doctors. Now I've to wait for another callback.

People insisting on meetings at 3pm on the last day before the Holidays. FCUK OFFFFFF I should be winding down, not actually working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

"Can I get that gift wrapped please?"

Can you not see the 12 people standing behind you in the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭StevenToast

People queueing up to get their car washed for christmas....i mean the huge queues......

Im not sure it annoys me...i actually like to point and laugh at them when i drive by....

I suppose its just the general panic brain of the average human during christmas....

Its the worst time of year without question....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This was the state of my one before I caved in and got it washed today

It was dirtying my hands and clothes

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pft. There isn't even any moss growing on it, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,801 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There was certain cars we'd have in the garage for mechanical work and that was the only time they'd be washed. People are filthy, the inside for some people cars were absolutely disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Lost my mouse so had to spend the whole day using the track pad on my laptop in work.

Laptop track pads are, I imagine, perfect for people whose elbows bend the opposite way and have fingers like E.T. but sadly that's not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Did you not post that exact photo in a different thread about a week ago???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I did indeed, in the cold weather thread and it didn't improve since then!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Reading this thread, I realise i need to clean my car out , inside and out. When I'm usually the only one in it I tend to dump stuff on the passenger side.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When there is an asterisk in a document (usually online) and there is no explanation why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Been holding on to this one a while… the off centre number plate on the back of the Discovery Land Rover. Every time I am behind one it annoys me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

And have been closing out a few low priority things on the to do list before I finish work. Some guy looking to have a call. I say it will be after the break and that Fridays are usually meeting free so I have a bit more flexibility so if he wants to suggest a time I can probably make it. He comes back with 4pm, on a Friday, who thinks 4pm on a Friday is suitable time for a call with someone who is obliging you in the first place 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

In my department, there are only 3 of us, and we officially finish for Christmas tomorrow*. One of the lads booked today and tomorrow off, so he finished yesterday. All day (and all week) he was going about being off, and good for him!

But it got me into that way of thinking, and by the end of yesterday I was sure I was starting my holidays too. But I wasn't. And then yesterday evening I was meeting with some people, got home at 9pm and thought "That's me done for Christmas!!" but then I realised I had two days of work left... 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got up early to do my Christmas shopping. Found a parking space on the main street - the last one before the taxi rank starts. The perfect position as it doesn't matter how close the car behind you is. So very easy to pull away as there's never taxis on it during the day.

Came back two hours later to find a car (not a taxi) parked at the taxi rank. A vacant-looking robotic woman in the passenger seat. The car was only a few inches away from mine - which made pulling out extremely difficult as the car behind me was very close as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I do the turkey every year and for a change i said i am just going to do a crown of turkey because i was sick of all the leftovers every year...its always me that ends up picking the carcass apart eating dry turkey sandwiches until the new year.......i have been saying all year that I am just doing a crown.....

The wife took a day off work to get the shopping in......and came home with a big fùck off turkey........

Im working from home steaming in my own juices, cursing myself for not getting the crown before today.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

YouTube are really starting too act the bollocks with the ads lately

Really swarming them too annoy ya into subscribing for 'Premium'

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I don't know why, but they always remind me of Jacob Rees Mogg 🤔 hideously weird looking yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

OH's aunt is home from America for Christmas and a family wedding for which she is bridesmaid. She is one of those annoying hippy types.

Apparently she has been a bridesmaid from hell since day one, and essentially guilt-tripped the bride into inviting someone she doesn't really know to it at the eleventh hour. Has done nothing but try to micro-manage everything on her terms from across the Atlantic.

She is a hugger, which is annoying in itself. I hate hugs. My future mother-in-law went to the bother of cooking a few of us, including her and her daughter, dinner yesterday, and of course she showed up late. I had a full plate of food in my hand (with gravy) when she decided then was the best time to initiate a hug. Eff off or I will "accidentally" spill the food all over you.

My OH is child-minding her usual child over the next couple of days. Now while the aforementioned aunt's kid and this one get along, the aunt has availed of free child minding of her kid today and essentially told the OH to bring them an extra hour's drive away when factoring in traffic to go to Penney's. And certainly won't offer any money for petrol.

And I have since been told that I would be the ideal person to ferry two wedding guests, that I don't know and are a bit annoying from what I gather, from the church to the venue now. This aunt is SO considerate sure. Nevermind me having to spend additional time prepping the car that morning now.

Ugh.

Same with Zynga, i play words with friends’ ( scrabble) and ads online are getting impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I feel for you. Your OH aunt sounds much like my sister... My advice: run.

RUN!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement