Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's Sanskrit, dontcha know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Graces, would you mind if we all use your one so? 😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At one point the basket total was showing €89. I click on "Checkout" and the total suddenly jumps to €98 - That's not "working correctly", in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Decided to get a mini-valet today for the car (have never used a valet service before as I always do it myself) and by God never again will I do it.

Firstly, alloys are still dirty. Secondly, the interior windows are dirtier than what they were when I handed her in (they were actually spotless this morning). Thirdly, there are still cobwebs on the wing mirrors and they didn't even bother drying the car. Last but certainly not least, the worst offence of all is that my lovely beige leather seats are now black 🤬🤬🤬

I've spent the past hour or so out with my own stuff trying to clean my seats. Waste of €50 and I will certainly be sticking with cleaning the car myself going forward. I have always washed my own and must say that I am pretty amazing at interior cleaning and my father always asks me to clean his as well, so lesson learnt, no need to support local businesses when you are better at doing it yourself.

Shower of pricks 🤬

I always thought it was Easons 😳. Pretty sure that's what their website goes by.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Technically it's Eason and son.

The founder was Mr Eason.

Website is Easons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Calling cars, boats, other inanimate objects "she" or "her".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think they named the website easons.com because most people think the name is easons. Eason.ie redirects to easons.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The loudness of the world is overwhelming at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Local shopping center and ‘people’ again… one storage bay for shopping trolleys in the middle of the car park, is not only full, it’s overflowing into the road to the point of trolleys out and completely blocking one lane of traffic… gobshîtes, multiple gobshîtes cannot be arsed making the two minute walk to the alternative trolley bays which are not near full…the fućk ? Traffic is messy, dangerous and crazy..

In addition…the number of little tracksuit clad scumbags, rallying around said chaotic car park on bikes, no lights, , in their dark puffer jackets and beany hats… watching one little pasty odd ball in said beany hat, puffer jacket..and…. shorts ! What’s that about ? Maybe his auld fella if he hasn’t died of embarrassment is off dressed in a parka, mankini and Russian bearskin hat….the little cûnt is weaving in and out of traffic, cars reversing, pedestrians trying to push trollies and carry shopping…. A small fiesta almost hits him…he gives a flash of a disgruntled stare….im a bit disappointed but relieved as if he is to get a smack of something, a truck 40 foot truck, delivering toilet roll might me more appropriate. A shît head but he wasn’t alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ireland has never been the same since Easons advertising changed to Eason. It was the start of a slippery slope, as far as I am concerned.

I mentally gave up fighting language changes when hardly anyone else says ‘film’ these days. It is movies etc.

Just to spite people though, I think I will start calling Connolly Station. ‘Amiens street Station’ like my auld fella does. But then again ‘The Point’ will always be the point to me.

I suppose as the cool kids say I sound ‘toxic’. But to me that makes no sense as toxic is what you write on chemicals and stuff.

Others might say I am triggered. But that makes no sense to me either.

Sure, wasn’t trigger the fella from ‘Only Fools and horses’ who was looking into the barrel of toxic gunge in an episode. ‘Yellow stuff’.

I was only thinking of it there recently.

It was when I was heading Sackville Street direction- driving past Amiens Street Station, to go into Easons. I didn’t watch a film or anything afterwards. Just didn’t see the point.

Edited - Eason’s frontage not changed- just the way they advertise it - Eason not Easons

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

But the frontage never changed. It has always said easy. Take a look at the clock outside. It has been there longer than I have been on this earth. The clock has Eason on it not Easons.

Cycling on footpaths, unless it’s young kids, or the bike lane is inaccessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭StevenToast

TA at how bad christmas TV has become....

It used to be gold...you would study the RTE Guide weeks in advance and have stuff marked out to watch....

Dire....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jayus, your'e right I checked there on google maps. Not only does it have the clock with Eason written on it. There is a big steel yoke under it with 1919 and Eason written on it.

More confusingly the website is easons.com which I assume is referring to the corporation and number of shops etc.

In the google maps it only has Eason in the window in the earliest 2009 images. I am nearly sure it must have said Eason's at some stage on the green window part. Otherwise I must be getting dementia or something. Because I can definitely remember nearly choking on a sandwich when I heard a radio ad for Eason. And not Eason's.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pep Guardiola… liked the guy as a player, a lot, but the more I see him in management the more he appears to be turning into a completely petulant, personality-less derisory arsehole…. He’s lambasted in quite a dweebish manner, a player of his in the press conference, Kelvin Phillips who returned from the World Cup…overweight, allegedly….

Give the player a bollôcking, fine him, get the coaching team to run the shît out of him… but seriously….

“he’s not fit after coming back from the World Cup, it’s disappointing so he has work to do with fitness staff and when the levels of fitness are where he and us need them to be, he’ll be considered for selection, next”…

Can’t say the guy isn’t a brilliant coach but throwing a player under the bus, even if as is likely it’s the player’s fault, isn’t exactly cool.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Inconsiderate dog owners. Signs at every entrance to the local park 'dogs on lead' - why do some interpret that as oh not MY dog? 🙄

I was walking there one day and a guy walked way ahead of the unleashed dog. Soooooo convenient when the dog has a sh1t. No worries about picking it up 😡

I was waiting to cross the road today. A man was walking behind where I was standing at the edge of the path, and allowed his big dog to come right up to me.

He could easily have held the dog back, he had plenty of time to do so. Fortunately I don't have a fear of dogs.

Not that that gobsh1te gave a **** whether I did or I didn't. Idiot.

Maybe when the son was born it became Easons, because there were two of them? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

People who only hear what they want.

The ones who think a simple "no thank you" is unacceptable.

The ones who push their opinions on you and won't listen to yours.

You know the ones.

• Advertisement

People who walk into a shop and decide to stop in the doorway while they decide what path they will take

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Wrapping Christmas Presents.

It's pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was in my local Tesco at 8 this morning (best time to go on Christmas Eve), and for the first time in years, I got a trolley. What's the deal with the cupholder on the left side of the handle? How am I supposed to push the thing with ease if there's a cupholder where my left hand should be? I had to use the side instead.

I hate coffee culture and I hate coffee.

The main site is easons.com but I think it used to be eason.ie, which now redirects to to easons.com. (Easons.ie doesn't exist.) They must have given in to public demand, even though the public got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Dog shite outside my apartment and clinic door. WTF, and not just my door but all along the footpath. Clearly the owner couldn’t care less about other footpath users like buggies or OAPs with wheelies. I’m so sick of it I’m investing in CCTV to find the prick and when I do he’ll be wearing his dog’s poo on his face!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’ve seen how that happens, some urban legend dragging his dog along and won’t stop to let it do it’s “business” so the dog just has to dump it all along the footpath.

Some people really shouldn’t be allowed keep pets.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Severe thunder and lightning storm here at the moment. The atmospheric pressure is causing me to get a headache 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

South east at a guess, bit of activity there on the weather maps earlier. Was surprised when I heard the clicks go off on my computer earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement