Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl making pointed comments about those of us who opted out of the same old same old daily routine on christmas day.

Ffs made no difference to them if I was there or not.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dropped into work yes as I had food for the ppl who were working cd/ssd, was chatting to one who was annoyed that I couldn't remember if a person I call my niece was my niece by birth or adoption.

Like it makes anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy difference.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My brother in law brought a Tesco Finest Cheese Hamper down to the family gathering on Christmas Eve. I couldn't get enough of it. Seriously good. Great crackers and chutney too.

Went looking for one in my local Tesco earlier. None left. My TA is that I didn't take a photo of the hamper label as it listed the cheeses and I am sure I could get some of them individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I just did a Google search for Tesco finest cheese hamper.....it brings you to their ultimate hamper . It is all sold out but does list the cheese/ingredients so might be worth a Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Thank you - I did look there but it's quite different to the one I saw. Will try a few search permutations and maybe their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Awake from 6 am thanks to mad kitten wrecking the house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Revenue issued a tidal wave of briefs on Dec 23rd. Obviously doing a clear out before Xmas. Trying to get through them all is more than tedious

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Screwball Scramble is a lot more difficult, and frustrating, than I ever remember it being.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister just cut a blade off my aloe vera plant to treat a burn.

It's an artificial plant 🙄🙄🙄. And it was really expensive too 😭

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,177 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Every xmas day it's cold water swimming gobshites getting on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A big hole in my sock..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oh I find a big hole in better than a small one in a sock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

More than a TA.

Rarely get colds that last more than a few days. Had one for about 4 weeks up to mid December. Now it's back 😡🤬

Thats on top of the poor 9yo who's been coughing non stop since Xmas day 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

People who go to the petrol station and will queue to wait for a fuel pump which is on the same side as the fuel cap.

Do they not realise that the fuel pump is on a hose that extends?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Eating too much shite the last few days.

Too much of it in the house so will be glad when the rest of it is gone.

I do this.

At 4'11" dragging a hose, which is often fairly stiff and uncooperative around the car makes for an ideal candid camera entry.

I'd rather wait and save myself the effort and embarrassment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

Because it's easier to use the pump nearest to the car tank.

There's a big splash of red wine on the carpet at the top of the stairs. My sister is the only person in the house who drinks red wine and often takes a glass up to bed with her - as she did last night - but she's flat out denying it was her. Like, who else are we supposed to believe it was then? A ghost? An urbane burglar??? Just fcuking clean it up.

When trying a new recipe....it's all fairly simple.

Get it in the oven, tidy kitchen.

Sit down look at recipe to double check cooking time and realise you left an ingredient out....not sure how important the butter is to the recipe but I'll find out in about 3 mins.

Virgin Media's utterly abysmal Christmas TV offering. Reruns of old 6 Nations and Champions League matches.

Their user interface is piss-poor too. No idea why my dad sticks with them.

And actually, while I'm at it, my dad's habit of leaving the TV paused for hours on end because he can't figure out how to just record and retrieve whatever he wants to watch. (Tipping Point, mostly 🙄.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

While out for a walk, I spotted a kid's football right in the middle of the road. Before I was able to pick it up, a car drove clean over it. Great observation skills..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who pretend to work from home and mind their kids at the same time.

Also, they have their kids on zoom calls.

Or have their cameras and mics off cause they are baby sitting.

Was interesting for a while during covid, but now they are taking the piss.

It's not fair on people who pay for child care or who's partner gave up a job/career to look after kids.

Edit ... or people who have no kids or can't have kids.

Edit ... Maybe if you are in financial trouble it's justified, but not if you're just booked a family skiing holiday

If you think I'm not woke enough then you can pay for my child care costs in retrospect 🤣🤣🤣

I'd bet whatever that they saw it and did it on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Somebody got me a big scented candle which is enticingly named Festive Cookies.

Having lit it, I think they should rename this scent "uncontrolled fire in hazardous chemical company"

With a name like that I'm guessing it's a Yankee Candle and tbh, I don't know how anyone lights them. Even walking past the shop in Liffey Valley gives me a headache.

I dislike scented candles in general. There are a very, very few that I'd tolerate. La Bougie and Paul Costello, pretty much, and even then only certain scents. Even the hella expensive ones like Jo Malone I find really synthetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Wouldn't be into Gweneth Paltrows candle then??!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement