Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Drivers with complete disregard for residents when parking around beaches.

Yes I understand that the weather is finally good. But that doesn't give you the right to block someones drive-way, or essentially abandon your car along the road which causes traffic jams. Or to park up at the access point for the lifeboat.

A very popular cliff-walk and pier nearby was thronged yesterday with idiots like that. Even heard stories of lads wrecklessly flying about on their jetskis among swimmers and a couple of close-calls. I was in the same place over a month ago, and it was bad that day too, but it was at least two-fold worse yesterday.

Very few native accents or local number-plates among the crowd too I would guess. Like a mini-Finglas.

This is why, as someone who has lived near beaches all my life, I find them the most over-rated thing to do on a warm day.

Same here. We are mountain based and I actively avoid the "beauty spots" like the plague at weekends, bank holidays, warm days etc. It just isn't worth it. Much prefer to take a day off midweek and go then with the dog. As well as littering and illegal parking, there also seems to be no regard for the fact that there are people living and working in the area. That there is livestock about, or that people living here might actually have kids too. Yet everywhere else you see "slow down, kids at play" signs, and speed reducers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Businesses that only exist on Instagram.
    I put an order in for a cake last week,no phone number is given.They only take orders through Instagram, and yet not one person has answered my DM.
    Either to say they take the order or they are full.

Whats the point of having an online business if you dont answer the messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

cj maxx wrote: »
    Danny Dyer. To be accurate, his effing accent , and the way he talks / shouts

And walks like he is wearing a wet nappy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Babybel cheese.

The cheese is covered by wax so why does it also need a plastic wrapper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

My ex going to the supermarket with a shopping list and coming home with half the items but no alternatives.

" I couldn't find the honey or lemons so i just left it"

Oh that's cool, i only put those on the list for a laugh, it's not because im making honey lemon chicken for dinner.

Why couldn't he ask a shop assistant for, you know, assistance or call me and ask where he'd find honey or use logic and think it's probably beside the sugar and jams or find an alternative.

I appreciate him doing the shopping but every time he comes home with nothing that i asked for. Im also paying for the shopping and doing the cooking so its a double TA.
    I would go myself but im on bedrest at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Babybel cheese.

The cheese is covered by wax so why does it also need a plastic wrapper?

I never thought of that but true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My kids insisted on me getting some Babybel cheese a couple of years ago.

Turns out they hated the cheese and didn't eat it, but opened them all and then rolled the wax up up into balls and left them all around the place to be walked into the floor and stuck to stuff gathering dust. The plastic wrapper is probably the best part of it.

I'm hooked on 'the chase' . I've applied, a 3 year wait for an interview seemingly, and I'm not as good as I imagine going by my guesses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Having to accept cookies on Boards EVERY time I open it for the last week. What's going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sand.
    Especially wet sand.

Was never a fan of the beach but can live with it dry.

Kids went to the beach last night. Landed back covered in it. It was everywhere.

So now I have to try to get it out of wetsuits, socks, bath, shower, car.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sand.
    Especially wet sand.

Was never a fan of the beach but can live with it dry.

Kids went to the beach last night. Landed back covered in it. It was everywhere.

So now I have to try to get it out of wetsuits, socks, bath, shower, car.........

And in 6 months since hen you think you're in the clear.
    It pops out of somewhere else.

dubstarr wrote: »
    And in 6 months since hen you think you're in the clear.
    It pops out of somewhere else.

Same as boken glass from a glass/bottle. Clean it up and 12months later you find pieces in the strangest places !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I've managed to join a meeting twice. There were two of me on screen, with a horrible echo/ time delay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Antares35 wrote: »
    I've managed to join a meeting twice. There were two of me on screen, with a horrible echo/ time delay :D

at least you have some chance of a reasonable reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

In an open office and person close by watching a training video with no headphones! Feck right off with you tinny computer speakers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Articles like this

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0531/1225251-covid-young-people/

This is the third or fourth group I have read an article about who were 'worst' affected by the pandemic.

There was me thinking that the people who died were the worst affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The (young?) woman on Claire Byrne last night. Owner of Tropical Popical
    Or something...I’m guessing whatever business it is, mirrors are not
    Required.

Anyway, my TA, she kept saying “facilidees”

I’m not sure if she was the same one on the radio yesterday,
    Who pretty much said that if a “young person” ( a phrase I hate)
    Goes In to town on the lash, and there are no toilets, what option do
    They have only to piss ((or worse) against/in a doorway of someone’s home or business.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That song that's used in 95% of memes.

"Oh no...Oh no, oh no, no, no."

Nails on a chalkboard. Can't fúcking stand it. If someone sends me something like that and that song plays it instantly gets closed and I think less of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

and did he pocket them and run?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

When you are in the car leaving and someone insists standing at the front door to wave you off.

I have to get my sh!t together before I drive away.
    Plug in my phone to charger, sort out snacks and drinks etc..

All the time they are standing there waving.. talk about pressure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Mimon wrote: »
    In an open office and person close by watching a training video with no headphones! Feck right off with you tinny computer speakers.

if its 5 mins or less id probably leave them off, bit of leeway from me since i dont have wired earphones anymore myself and alot of desktops mightnt have BT.

however, have a colleague who doesnt turn off his radio when he leaves despite repeatedly being asked to turn it off. in fairness, its genuine forgetfulness rather than malice, but its a pain in the hole either way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Mimon wrote: »

A few years ago, we had a person who began taking calls on speakerphone at their desk in an open-plan office. Despite the fact that their phone had both a regular handset and a headset.

We started joining in the calls, shouting out responses and comments from across the floor. The guy soon got the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Nuisance callers in work.

One fella rang before lunch-time (answered by colleague) asking a question that a) is outside our area of expertise and b) we have no information on anyway. Kept my colleague on the phone for a good twenty minutes.

Same lad rang again after lunch with a different variation to the same question, with my colleague showing great patience towards him.

In the meantime, my supervisor had emailed him providing him an answer to the question but basically saying that the staff don't have time to be answering questions that aren't specific to our remit, and any external research incurs a fee.

Didn't the fella only ring again for a third time, with me answering. He said he was "astounded" by the email and kept pestering about the same damn question. In his defence, he didn't realise that the database we have is only specific to our area, and his question falls out of that range entirely. It did seem to calm him down and as of 4PM, he hasn't rang back since.

Now I would deduce that he isn't the full-shilling the poor man, but still, one of those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Flying ants, they're here again. I know they're food for birds & aerate the soil but just wish they'd fly off somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The (young?) woman on Claire Byrne last night. Owner of Tropical Popical
    Or something...I’m guessing whatever business it is, mirrors are not
    Required.

Anyway, my TA, she kept saying “facilidees”

I’m not sure if she was the same one on the radio yesterday,
    Who pretty much said that if a “young person” ( a phrase I hate)
    Goes In to town on the lash, and there are no toilets, what option do
    They have only to piss ((or worse) against/in a doorway of someone’s home or business.

I wonder what her reaction would be if someone laid a big curly one on her doorstep?
    She'd be cool with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Nuisance callers in work.

One fella rang before lunch-time (answered by colleague) asking a question that a) is outside our area of expertise and b) we have no information on anyway. Kept my colleague on the phone for a good twenty minutes.

Same lad rang again after lunch with a different variation to the same question, with my colleague showing great patience towards him.

In the meantime, my supervisor had emailed him providing him an answer to the question but basically saying that the staff don't have time to be answering questions that aren't specific to our remit, and any external research incurs a fee.

Didn't the fella only ring again for a third time, with me answering. He said he was "astounded" by the email and kept pestering about the same damn question. In his defence, he didn't realise that the database we have is only specific to our area, and his question falls out of that range entirely. It did seem to calm him down and as of 4PM, he hasn't rang back since.

Now I would deduce that he isn't the full-shilling the poor man, but still, one of those days.

Had a customer in work who would only call us on the local office number.... the conversation about 10 times a year....

“ I know you are not customer service but I need you to help me and I’ll be on hold on that 1850 number for 25 minutes, they’ll listen and promise to call me back but they never do and you need to...”

“ sir, it’s 16.45, it’s a busy time for them, despite this, I can see from their stats on the dashboard the average hold time over the last 15 minutes is 2 minutes 37 seconds... I think you’d be better off holding for 3 minutes to speak to someone that can help you, as opposed to spending 3 minutes talking to me who cannot “

But the same thing over and over... :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Strumms wrote: »
    Had a customer in work who would only call us on the local office number.... the conversation about 10 times a year....

“ I know you are not customer service but I need you to help me and I’ll be on hold on that 1850 number for 25 minutes, they’ll listen and promise to call me back but they never do and you need to...”

“ sir, it’s 16.45, it’s a busy time for them, despite this, I can see from their stats on the dashboard the average hold time over the last 15 minutes is 2 minutes 37 seconds... I think you’d be better off holding for 3 minutes to speak to someone that can help you, as opposed to spending 3 minutes talking to me who cannot “

But the same thing over and over... :eek:

"Oh, good evening, it's you again, Sir - we've missed you. Please hold while I transfer your call."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Coming home from a walk with the dog and what do I see? A teenager with his phone in one hand and using his other hand to whip out his dick so that he can publicly urinate in a green area in the middle of a housing estate. Not a hint of shame in what he had done when he spotted people out walking. I hope to God that none of the little kids about the place were looking out their windows.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Coming home from a walk with the dog and what do I see? A teenager with his phone in one hand and using his other hand to whip out his dick so that he can publicly urinate in a green area in the middle of a housing estate. Not a hint of shame in what he had done when he spotted people out walking. I hope to God that none of the little kids about the place were looking out their windows.

"Release the hounds!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

More than trivially annoyed at myself. Just realised that I did a 40 degree wash at 60 degrees. :(:(:(

So mad at myself. There was nothing REALLY delicate in there but there was a pair of jeans and a jumper that I’ll have to wait and see on. Just glad I don’t boil wash the towels anymore. The machine was set at 60 degrees after a towel wash. If if was 90 degrees there’d be no saving those clothes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement