Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

TA'd that some parasitic alien life form has entered my body and genuinely curious what the hell this thing is that I excavated from my belly-button:

Just to clarify, it is a clump of coarse hair, that looks non-human and a different colour to my own, with a waxy substance sticking it together at the end.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The waxy substance is sebum, the same thing you'd find on your scalp. The coarse hair could be similar to that of other parts of your body, e.g. ears and nose. And I can't believe I just opened the attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

New Home wrote: »
    The waxy substance is sebum, the same thing you'd find on your scalp. The coarse hair could be similar to that of other parts of your body, e.g. ears and nose. And I can't believe I just opened the attachment.

Thanks for the heads up so I don't have to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The farmer next door is out doing silage. The noise of the tractor fades away as it gets further from my house, then louder as it gets nearer. I can't sleep waiting for the sound to come back around again. Driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

madmaggie wrote: »
    The farmer next door is out doing silage. The noise of the tractor fades away as it gets further from my house, then louder as it gets nearer. I can't sleep waiting for the sound to come back around again. Driving me nuts.

It's the same here but I absolutely love it because it means summer has officially arrived!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

madmaggie wrote: »

Oh to live in the countryside again.
    TA with the 3 bin companies that collect from 6am every Wednesday morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Mundo7976 wrote: »

Once a month we have the glass bin collection. It sounds like a bomb has dropped when it is emptied.
    Most of my neighbours have one. I don't, as there is a bottle bank less than five minutes walk from our houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Mundo7976 wrote: »

Be thankful that they don't come at 6am on three different days!

My very trivial annoyance is that I haven't been notified about my vaccine yet. I'll probably get the text today or tomorrow and now that I've mentioned it, I'll probably get it within the hour, but still...knowing that people my age in my area got the notification and vaccine this week is a bit annoying.

But bring on the magnetic challenge!!! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Emailed 3 bosses over 2 weeks ago about a new work stream they're attempting to lump on my team asking for a meeting to discuss our concerns. Not a single one of them even bothered their arses responding to acknowledge my email. It's such poor management and so god damned rude it's really p1ssed me off. They've another thing coming if they think they're gonna sneak this in without us kicking up a fuss about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

"Oh, good evening, it's you again, Sir - we've missed you. Please hold while I transfer your call."

One of my first ever jobs was working for 11850 phone enquiries in an industrial estate so grim it'd give Slough a run for it's money.
    We'd get calls from barely legible old men in the west of Ireland like
    "Im looking for the number for Paddy the postman from Ballynabackarseofnowhere"
    Ok sir...could you spell backarse please or tell me where it's located?
    "How dare you not know exactly where it it...the youth of today have no respect i tells ya"

We used to entertain ourselves by giving each other sentences or words to slip into conversation like cockmonkey or dicklicker...ok cockmonkey, I'm putting you through to Paddy at an extortion cost..please call again.
    We all got fired in the end :p

TA no honey for my porridge so i used sugar. It's gross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

"Oh, good evening, it's you again, Sir - we've missed you. Please hold while I transfer your call."

Got to the stage where he’d say... “ now don’t transfer me...” and I’d just hit transfer when he’s in mid waffle... it’s 17.45, Friday, I got till 18.00 to get my end of day report done, sent and go home on time... the fûck will I listen to another 10 minutes of the same old sob story from the same old SOB about a problem I have not got the desire, interest, inclination, responsibility to or resources to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Porklife wrote: »
    One of my first ever jobs was working for 11850 phone enquiries in an industrial estate so grim it'd give Slough a run for it's money.
    We'd get calls from barely legible old men in the west of Ireland like
    "Im looking for the number for Paddy the postman from Ballynabackarseofnowhere"
    Ok sir...could you spell backarse please or tell me where it's located?
    "How dare you not know exactly where it it...the youth of today have no respect i tells ya"

We used to entertain ourselves by giving each other sentences or words to slip into conversation like cockmonkey or dicklicker...ok cockmonkey, I'm putting you through to Paddy at an extortion cost..please call again.
    We all got fired in the end :p

TA no honey for my porridge so i used sugar. It's gross.

Have you jam? It's actually quite nice, got introduced to that in Finland. Test it in a small bowl first, with a small amount of jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jam in porridge is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thanks for taking one for the team:D

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

More than trivially annoyed at myself. Just realised that I did a 40 degree wash at 60 degrees. :(:(:(

So mad at myself. There was nothing REALLY delicate in there but there was a pair of jeans and a jumper that I’ll have to wait and see on. Just glad I don’t boil wash the towels anymore. The machine was set at 60 degrees after a towel wash. If if was 90 degrees there’d be no saving those clothes.

I think I got away with this. Phew. And I'll probably never make this mistake again. I'm already thinking of putting a system in place so it doesn't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'm already thinking of putting a system in place so it doesn't happen again.

Buy all your clothes 3 sizes too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Out having a nice walk then notice I've a stone in my boot, so I have to stop, undone my laces, take the boot off, shake out the stone, put my boot back on and tie the laces all while trying to keep hold of two dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Earlier today as I was going in to Aldi, I phoned my daughter to see if she needed anything. She asked me to grab a couple of packets of a particular biscuit. As I was putting my groceries in the car, I realized I had had forgotten said biscuits. I contemplated doing what I would usually do and, lie and pretend there were none left.
    Guilt won out and I returned to the shop grabbed three packs and found myself
    at the checkout behind the mother of all shopping trolleys....jammed to capacity!
    There where two sherpas sitting on top of the shopping sucking oxygen.
    Do you think the lady in question offered to let me and my three packs of biscuits go in front...did she fcuk. And she definitely saw me.

her bill was €196!

A pox on all her houses.

Had to bring one of the cars to the garage this morning (timing belt change). I'd usually walk back (3km) but it was raining, so I asked my wife if she would head over with me and drive me back. She agreed.

So I head out to the car I was bringing. Just about to start the engine, when my wife jumps into the passenger seat.

So I stop and just stare at her, as she puts down her bag and puts on her seatbelt.

"What?" she says.

"How does this help me?" I ask.

A few second pass until the penny drops. I wanted her to bring the other car, so she could drive me back, not just come with me for the spin so we both had to walk back in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Had to bring one of the cars to the garage this morning (timing belt change). I'd usually walk back (3km) but it was raining, so I asked my wife if she would head over with me and drive me back. She agreed.

So I head out to the car I was bringing. Just about to start the engine, when my wife jumps into the passenger seat.

So I stop and just stare at her, as she puts down her bag and puts on her seatbelt.

"What?" she says.

"How does this help me?" I ask.

A few second pass until the penny drops. I wanted her to bring the other car, so she could drive me back, not just come with me for the spin so we both had to walk back in the rain.

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

having a migraine and having to cancel all my appointments :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Strumms wrote: »
    A phonecall about 20 minutes ago informing me an uncle of mine in New York passed away suddenly...

Sad for his only daughter my cousin who lost their mother too 18 months ago after a short illness....

also for my mother here whod been missing him a lot... he was a dreadful fecker as a lot of fellas his age for keeping in contact or not keeping in contact even to the point of being quite reclusive following being widowed but there were plans for all them to go over to see him when this covid shìtshow had blown over....

Id been showing her pics from my cousins facebook only the other week and everyone was saying genuinly how great he actually looked...mid 80's but slim tanned and 'well' on the face of it..

Five or so days after the death of my uncle and my cousin his daughter has gone to ground. Nobody with any news of possible arrangements, funeral date etc...there is nobody answering the house phone, social media apps, WhatsApp etc... people of course want to know about saying goodbye my second eldest Aunt in London is his twin and she’s beside herself not just with grief but knowing that she won’t get over and wants to be able to say goodbye online and watch the ceremony.. I can appreciate my cousin being grief stricken but I don’t think it’s beyond her to delegate to her husband to spend an hour of his week getting word out... to the family. Hmmmm

Filling out a form and I had to Google what year it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Totoro cat is such great company for me, curls up in my arms like a baby and loves belly rubs. But he is destroying all my clothes with his nails. Along with my skin too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have one set of results outstanding for my course, we are long past the date they should be out (even with the stragglers) by now.

Ta waiting for the results means that I still have a psychological tie that should be broken by now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Just Eat took 20 euro from my card and never refunded me when the order got cancelled. The chat was offline so I rang some fcking moron who couldn't speak English who basically told me I don't know my own email address which is basically my name. Ring back with your details he said. I fcking gave him the right details. There's no access to the order number on my account as the restaurant is closed. Absolute waste of time. Gimme my Goddamn money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Like the way Irish people will both say sorry if you walk into someone no matter who is at fault.

This morning was walking along the main corridor at work and someone walked out form a side area without looking and I had to swerve to avoid a collision.

Totally his fault but I did the usual nice thing and said sorry, all I got was a glare as if it was my fault :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Financial institutions ignoring potential upcoming issues with security questions.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tight fückers offering pittances for stuff you're trying to sell online as if they're doing you a favour.

Was selling a dog cage for about half the retail price and someone wanted even more off.
    Wanted to meet somewhere half way even though it's only another 15 mins drive to drive the rest of the ways.
    Do you want a free dog with it too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Excessively loud Low battery warnings on electronic or telephonic devices

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement