Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

sites with a very narrow scrollbar and no up/down arrows to click. suppose its done for tablet/phone users

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

youtube deciding foor itself to load up dozens more thumbnails making my scrollbar out of whack

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ours has a knocker, nothing like metal-on-metal to startle the whole neighbourhood! When a neighbours' door gets knockered, everyone down the hall jump up to open their own... but if anyone dares use that battering ram knocker to reach me (just 4 feet inside my door), I will wring . their . blessed . neck.... (hot glued that foooking annoyance shut!) :D

Post edited by Deja Boo on

My ta is everything is annoying me these days.

EVERY LITTLE THING.

I may be turning into a crotchety old curmudgeon, like she says:

"You'll become one of those hunchbacked, lonely old men, sitting in the corner of a crowded cafe, mumbling to yourself, 'My ass is twitching. You people make my ass twitch.' "

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have tiny blisters on the tip of my tongue and they hurt. FFS. I'm supposed to go out for lunch, today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had on on my gum / tongue a few weeks ago. I think I was just run down

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Immediate recliners in front of you on a long haul flight

@New Home have you any b-vitamins?

For the luv of Gawd, could someone please fix this hit-and-miss quote feature!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Also the peek-a-boo weather forum, not showing up again for me today on home page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Woke this morning with a head wreck of an ear worm.

Everybody join in now...

Where is John Rogers

Where is John Rogers on the morning of the meeting

I don't know

I don't know.....

• Advertisement

I think Boards is being held together with bungee cords and cello tape, lucky it's still semi intact. Fingers crossed it will last another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Pay parking that starts from 8.30am yet 99% of businesses in the immediate vicinity don’t open till 9.00am or in most cases, 9.30am.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's to cash in on the staff working for those businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Waiting outside a hospital for someone. Early Saturday morning. Temporarily parked in disabled parking as there is really no where else. The place is empty, so it's kind of ok. Not paying for **** parking in their **** empty car park. Anyway still kind of appropriate cause the person I'm waiting for can't walk far.

Also, usually pay a fortune to park during the week. So screw em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Just started listening to the box set great stuff for any lizzy fan good value @ 80 euro I think even if there is fair number of duplications .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Wtf do people have to park on top of you?

Waiting on someone and I'm parked on side of the road ....it's a quiet enough road.

Car pulls in infront of me and keeps inching forward...there is literally 2 inches between my car and his. (I got out and looked)

Another car has gone in behind him......him trying to get out now is going to result in 5 million miniature movements back and forward..... seriously wtf is the point in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I honestly dont get it. If somebody parks at the end of a car far away from the shop.

They either want to mind there car or they aren't the best parker and are afraid of hitting people.

Double, triple checking everything before I say it, in case I offend the Thought Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was given out to in the hairdressers for saying in a chat with the stylist(who is British) that I felt offering ppl coming to this country bc of domestic conditions, a folding bed in a large hall with 100's of strangers was horrible.

I cant see how this is a controversial opinion or any business of the person not included in the conversation to make a fuss over.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I put it down to stupidity. And don't start me on people who crowd you, in queues.

I parked my car at a train station, one day, a little-used train station at the time. When I returned, someone had parked right beside me - despite having literally hundreds of empty spaces to choose from. And they were badly parked, into the bargain, with a much bigger vehicle than mine 🤷‍♀️ So that was fun.

Likewise if you're in an empty waiting room, and the next person to arrive, sits right beside you, despite all the empty chairs all around. They are not doing anything wrong but come on. If you sit a few chairs away, nothing bad will happen.

Honestly 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's the people who recline before the flight even takes off that I don't get. What's the jaysis point, like? You're just going to have to straighten it back up for take off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was doing my Saturday morning catching up of news, sport and social media… I see a link on a page to the ‘Donegal daily’ website… regarding a teenage disco that went down last night..

Gardai, in advance insert a point by point article as to how parents should… parent…

im not surprised by both some of the dumb cünts that enabled themselves to be parents these days coupled with some of the little shît heads they brought up as children … that the Gardai, feel it’s necessary to have an article in a news website, basically requesting parents, to parent and indeed advising them regarding how one should parent and how one should look after children. Jeeez

in other news in Donegal, the same night teenagers set fire to and destroyed a patrol car sat outside a Garda station…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

“Parents are being asked to play their part in ensuring their children safely celebrate a youth disco later tonight”

It’s sadly a continuous trend. Nobody seems to feel accountable for their own safety or actions any more and as soon as something bad happens they start blaming everyone but themselves.

Parents are afraid to parent in case their kids are isolated.

So, it's collateral damage, some kids won't survive the complete **** show social media etc compels them to be, do, ..

Neighborhoods, communities, being terrorised.

All fun and games until you or your loved ones are affected.

+1 social media captains of industry and their government lackeys

And then on top of that some people can't parent and expect school, police, church, sport organisations, government ... to do their job.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Agreed.

I never recline my seat, but last year on a flight, as we were about to land, one of the airline staff came by and said my seat was reclined.

If it was, it must have been reclined the whole time from start to finish, and it certainly didn't look or feel like it was.

Plus I couldn't get it to move any more upright when she told me it was reclined 🤔!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I never recline my seat and hate people who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Watching rugby with my dad. It's 80 minutes of "Why do they keep kicking away possession? What was that advantage for??" and rewinding every play so we end up 15 minutes behind real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I don’t use my laptop very often so when I do it takes ages to boot up with all the updates

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I want a coffee but it’s too late if I want to sleep tonight.

also reading the post above I turned over to rte2 only to be geo-blocked. I didn’t think rte was blocked on sky ni !

• Advertisement

You know that one song (or 3) you just can't put your finger on?

...what is the name of it?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement