Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Excessively loud Low battery warnings on electronic or telephonic devices

...or on the smoke alarm...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Beer ads on the telly with the slow motion bubbles and all that jazz giving you a hankering.

TA cuz there's no beer here and I couldn't be bummed going out to get some :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Aphids, they’ve taken over my strawberry and raspberry bushes. Monsters.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've just got a message on a family WhatsApp about a christening.
    Can I remember the childs name :(

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

New Home wrote: »
    ...or on the smoke alarm...

Had to take the batteries out of the carbon monoxide alarm there earlier, as the constant beeping was beginning to make me feel really dizzy.

• Advertisement

Google taking over the whole internet: Youtube, Android, countless apps.
    Storing every search you ever made, every website you ever visited, every YT vid you have watched. Making a mint selling your info to data miners and advertisers.
    Even if you don't use Google search engine or products, they have their trackers on millions of websites anyway. :mad:

Is there no antitrust law for the internet to stop a company getting too much power and control?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,551 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I ordered something online and was looking forward to getting it on Monday and then I remembered it was a Bank Holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My tea cups have an indentation in the base. When I take them out of the dishwasher there is always a little pool of water in the indentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The Genus here bought citrus bleach to clean the cups!
    Freaking citrus.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bredabe wrote: »
    The Genus here bought citrus bleach to clean the cups!
    Freaking citrus.

are you a fan of lemon tea?

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    I've just got a message on a family WhatsApp about a christening.
    Can I remember the childs name :(
    Just refer to him/her as the little angel, treasure, bundle of joy etc ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

These garden firepits that have become a must have accessory for trendy gardens.

Put on a f***in cardigan if you're cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Those 'noises' Ariana Grande makes and I don't mean her singing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

youtube age verification. would you ever go and shyte.

their parent co already have probably 5 terabytes about every search result ive even hovered over. who i contacted and from which cell tower. you already know my age. you know what ill want to watch when i get home before i even fking know.

but oh no you cant see that documentary theres drugs in it. you'll have to give us your credit card as proof in case you see something bad.

really?

ok can i open a new tab and see every type of filth and tragedy imaginable. yep.

but not a social documentary about a natural plant. oh no. that might disturb you.

just internet corporations ensuring that their hydraulic powered iron grip keeps up with the tiny amount of privacy wriggling, in case they get pushed back to only 99.998% control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    These garden firepits that have become a must have accessory for trendy gardens.

Put on a f***in cardigan if you're cold.

No burning of fossil fuels or household waste, but firepits are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Going into a shop to get a sandwich. Lots of prepared chicken and fresh salads etc in their deli only to told they were only selling pre packaged sandwiches today ie ones made in a factory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

Changed my car a few mths ago and there are hardly any places in it to put stuff - just the sides of the front doors and i glove compartment.. its soo annoying - my previous car had loads of little nooks in it for putting stuff.. under the steering wheel, both sides of the radio, 2 glove compartments.. another space under that.. as well as sides of doors... I don't get it.. both cars are the exact same make and model - just years apart in age.. ffs.. obv didn't think of this when buying it (even if I did, I don't know if I would let that influence my chioce)..
    Nevertheless.. months later and it still realllly annoys me :mad:
    (phew - felt good to get that off my chest - great thread OP)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just refer to him/her as the little angel, treasure, bundle of joy etc ;):D

That will only get me so far !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I was tearing a page and sliced my finger.
    Blood everywhere, I have knives that don't cut as efficiently.
    And using sanitiser all the time means lots of stinging too.

"Please read the T&C's and watch our handy video to explain our cookies"

Cookie video's! when I just want to browse their site for a second, what fresh hell is this.

• Advertisement

Went to a health care professional yesterday(they have a long waiting list)
    All the usual huffing and puffing about how I should have come in earlier and all the damage etc etc etc.

I mention that I was told they were closed to non emergency clients during the lockdowns, tec said, no we were open while continuing to huff and puff at me.

TA I didn't have the email telling me they were closed to non emergency cases and how long the waiting list was for selective services!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Spent €960 over that past two weeks getting my 10 year old car ready for the NCT (and timing belt done). Felt a certain amount of satisfaction on Friday that a long list of things had been sorted and the car would hopefully last another year. It’s a big 7 seater, and I really don’t want to be buying another one now.

Today the bonnet release cable snapped. Can’t open the bonnet, so they won’t be able to test it. It’ll be another trip to the garage now on Tuesday, hoping they can fit me in before the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Put out the green and brown bins this morning, outside our gate. The black bin was only one third full so left it in driveway.

Came home from shopping about 45 minutes to discover the black bin was also emptied. Can't understand why. Doubt it was a neighbour - was a wet morning and generally people here don't stir till after 9 at the weekend. Annoying because it means being charged for an unnecessary lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My slippers are in the wash so I put on my old ones and they are busted and flat. It's like walking on the ground without anything.

My dentist has a battleaxe on reception. I'll have to go encounter her again next week :(

Always very crabby and borderline rude with customers. I went for a appointment once and she said I was half an hour early. I said no, this is the right time. She got crabbed and said 'NO this is NOT the right time, you've made a mistake, and now you'll just have to wait'.
    I was right though - she gave me the little card with time of the appointment wrote on it last time I was in. I forgot to take it with me, God I would have loved to have shown it to her and put her nose out of joint.

Another time I was paying her €50 but two of the notes were sort of stuck together so as I was walking off she shouted at me 'Hold on, come back here! I said 50!' The people in the waiting area all gawked at me like I was trying to pull a fast one. By the time I walked back to her she had seperated the notes. Did she say 'sorry about that'? Did she heck, she just dismissed me with a curt 'never mind' and turned away.

Oh the wagon :mad: Only for the dentist is so good I would go somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA when certain online vendors reject payments because your card will expire in the next month or two and ask you to update your card details but you can't because the bank will wait until last minute to send the new one out

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Spent €960 over that past two weeks getting my 10 year old car ready for the NCT (and timing belt done). Felt a certain amount of satisfaction on Friday that a long list of things had been sorted and the car would hopefully last another year. It’s a big 7 seater, and I really don’t want to be buying another one now.

Today the bonnet release cable snapped. Can’t open the bonnet, so they won’t be able to test it. It’ll be another trip to the garage now on Tuesday, hoping they can fit me in before the test.

I feel your pain. I got my car two years ago, the garage where I got it is run by a bunch of cowboys (fraudsters would be a more correct term), they damaged the car and tried to hide it and pretended to fix issues that were never sorted. I tried to bring it to different garages to get it serviced properly considering that last year it was due its NCT, one of them confirmed the appointment but point blank refused to service the car once I got there.
    I managed to get someone else to change oil and filter, then this year I went for a "normal" mechanic, not associated to the car brand or the garage. He's already cancelled 4 appointments. I'm beyond fuming. And no, the car is not called Christine. First scrappage deal that comes along and I'll take it. It's a shame because it's probably something easily sorted, if only someone bothered to actually look at it, the car is relatively new.

This bad habit delivery drivers now have of leaving a package on your doorstep and just walking off. At least ring the bell before you go like, it takes no extra effort :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

My dentist has a battleaxe on reception. I'll have to go encounter her again next week :(

Always very crabby and borderline rude with customers. I went for a appointment once and she said I was half an hour early. I said no, this is the right time. She got crabbed and said 'NO this is NOT the right time, you've made a mistake, and now you'll just have to wait'.
    I was right though - she gave me the little card with time of the appointment wrote on it last time I was in. I forgot to take it with me, God I would have loved to have shown it to her and put her nose out of joint.

Another time I was paying her €50 but two of the notes were sort of stuck together so as I was walking off she shouted at me 'Hold on, come back here! I said 50!' The people in the waiting area all gawked at me like I was trying to pull a fast one. By the time I walked back to her she had seperated the notes. Did she say 'sorry about that'? Did she heck, she just dismissed me with a curt 'never mind' and turned away.

Oh the wagon :mad: Only for the dentist is so good I would go somewhere else.

My doctor's surgery had one of this type. I used to actually dread getting her on the phone. All the others were nice, and helpful.

Practice was bought out a few years ago, and she had to undergo a personality transplant. She really had a little kingdom of her own, previously, and boy did she relish the power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My doctor's surgery had one of this types. I used to actually dread getting her on the phone. All the others were nice, and helpful.

Practice was bought out a few years ago, and she had to undergo a personality transplant. She really had a little kingdom of her own, previously, and boy did she relish the power.

When my brother needs a GP appointment he always says he has to get past the Rottweiler on the desk first !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement