Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

i see that as a good thing - makes b'fast even more enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Accidentally pressing the 'Home' button rather than the 'Play/Pause' button on my Fire TV Stick remote - abruptly interrupting whatever I was watching, bringing me back to the home screen (obviously), so now I need to wait for whatever streaming app I was to load up again (and enter my PIN if I've set up parental control or a dedicated user profile) before I can resume where I left off (assuming the streaming app is able to remember where I was - not all do). It's one of those things you know you've done a split-second after you've done it, but its to late to take it back..... arrrrgh!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People and businesses who assume that everyone has internet banking!

Then having to que in a bank full of cs staff who either have an attitude to old ppl who cant do Tec(I can do Tec fine, putting in no's is the problem) or feel they don't have to help even though they have already felt the wrath of customers on this matter.

Ta2 on this, the stock response to a comment about how I was waiting 25 mins in a working day for someone to help me with one of the machines they are forcing me to use. "Yes its busy today" over and over.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't generally eat til about 2/2.30 so waking up hungry fcuks up my food chi for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

People who post “emotional” videos on social media to recount a traumatic experience that they allegedly just had. More so, the viewers go go out of their way to feed this crap by praising their bravery or recounting their own experiences. The amount of idiots out there is impressive.

Of course it’s perfectly believable that you sit down in your car and record a video for Instagram to tell everyone that you just got assaulted, instead of just talking to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My tv has been acting up lately. Recording programmes on it’s own , remote not working. I have re-paired it now but it’ll probably be the same tomorrow .

Same here . Breakfast is usually 2/3 cups of strong coffee, which completely kills my appetite . So ‘breakfast’ is what other people call lunch .

Update.I left it at a petrol pump that I leaned it up against. Panic over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Add the drifters to the list. The ones that drift into the other lane on 2 lane roundabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sorry but I think you are the one out of order here.

”I’m tired and they both look very alike”

My pet hate is people who don’t treat others with basic respect and courtesy be it the receptionist, taxi man, cashiers in a shop, or waiting staff. They are all individuals and deserve to be treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

These and the complete drama lama setups.

for instance this one I’ve seen earlier… this lad returns to his house, following a walk by himself and he’s already recording on his phone as he approaches his house, conveniently to find that his pitbull has ‘ chewed through his front door…’ there is a massive one foot diameter hole in the five inch thick door, the door looks like it’s about to fall off the hinges and the only way to inflict such damage would be with a sledge hammer and or power tool…no dog would do it…rather conveniently another door arrives later, made to measure and alls good. 🤪

obviously the tool was getting a new door and decided to enter himself and viewers into the realms of Hans Christian Andersen with makey up hokey about his smiley pitbull destroying his front door.

its not a comedy skit, it’s some kind of attention seeking flathead attempting to hoodwink people and get something to brag about to his mates and family. The modern wánkerville aspect of social media, just enabling these outright attention whores with zero useful content, just wanting likes, attention and notoriety. Waste of skin ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Saw that footage.

it was a bit of craic not to be taken seriously!

Your response (waste of skin) is a bit angry.

Love the stupid dog videos!

She could have easily dealt with my error with a degree of humour and tact. I’m a paying client at a business where she is an employee.

the lack of respect and professionalism was ALL on her, in the relative short space of time, being way out of line with someone because they make a mistake is childish, unprofessional and quite frankly wrong.

anytime in a business where I’ve been mistaken for someone else, ok only been on the phone… “ sorry, it’s Strumms actually would you like to speak to David or can I help ?” No drama, no rudeness, just common sense. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I don’t know the dog video. The one that I saw was an upset and crying woman sitting in her car (as usual), lamenting that she has been assaulted by another girl during a sleep over. Floods of comments despite the whole thing being an unfounded claim. It’s beyond ridiculous

Post edited by Jequ0n on

Nahhhh, bit of drama llama merchant. A lot of effort for something not remotely funny. 😵‍💫 if that passes for humor these days,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People who can't follow a really simple instruction.

• mod reminder not to comment on other posters TA’s.

So I'll elaborate....himself was going to bed , I asked him to leave out the Tesco clubcard vouchers on his desk as I plan to go to Tesco early in the morning.

Went to the toilet, checked his desk, no Tesco vouchers ...well they were in his "pile" .... he'll be giving out about me disturbing the pile tomorrow (sigh)

So that was him failing to follow a really simple instruction .

Apologies for anyone reading anything more into my trivial annoyance.

I don't think that mod note was directed at you?

Anyway, my TA is people who drive as if they actually want green lights to go red on them. Move it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a succession of Zoom calls at home, yesterday I put a "family" wash on and showed sib how to put it on an extra spin if necessary while I was on the call, he hung them on the line outside, wetter now than when they came out of the machine yesterday(ta incoming lecture about the cost of electricity)

Another zoom call at lunchtime today, getting random but regular reminders of it since Thursday! Thank you social secretary.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

It was....I got a full warning....which was lifted

Huh. That's weird.

Anyway, today's second TA is people who leave their car parked at the pump while they do what seems to be the equivalent of a week's shopping in the petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Facebook posts and articles that say "X album was released 39 years ago today" - when the calendar for 1984 clearly shows that 18 February was a Saturday and back then new albums were always released in Ireland and UK on a Monday.

That I have pills help me sleep. So I organised my pill box and took the nighttime one just after I have did a few things. Queue me waking up on the sofa 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Also F-ers who tell me how to eat steak. A particularly annoying twat being my brother . He went to Nevins? Restaurant once and now eats medium rare and my other brother and sister ( pretentious pricks who are ashamed the grew up on a farm and were reared on rabbits ) . If i want steak in want it cremated , or grazing in the field.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• mod do not discuss moderation on thread.

my neighbour has a fidgeting problem, one of these people who seemingly no matter the time, day, night, or whenever has to be doing some kind of physical work…. reasonably elderly, early to mid ‘70’s and has a clear hearing issue and because of this he doesn’t have a clear appreciation of his noise footprint. Gates and doors always being slammed and TV too loud.

I didn’t get good sleep last night and just as I’m drifting off for the second time he’s outside at 7.35am, Saturday morning doing what sounds like all sorts of DIY… hammer, bang, thud, crash…..I look outside and the fûcking cûnt who had gotten a skip delivered on Wednesday or Thursday and is NOW filling it…with what looks like old furniture and tiling and bits of old table…had to wait until Saturday morning. Pre 8am..to do it.. including slamming of gates closed.

Headbangers need to appreciate there is zero wrong with doing nothing and waiting for an appropriate time to cause a racket… he is retired so nothing pressing on his time….has all day, in fact all week.

It is certainly putting pressure on the wellbeing of others….never had too much of an issue til now but other neighbours have…

speaking of which, he’s listed in the phone book so a repeat performance and maybe at a rather inappropriate hour someone ( not me of course ) might choose to instigate contact and interrupt his sleep,

empathy for the hearing issues but the cünt knows how to read a clock, is aware it’s Saturday morning 7.35am…. Knowing what he’s doing just not two fücks given...

• Advertisement

I saw a map years ago of the boundary commission which had parts of counties in opposite jurisdictions but I can’t find it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement