Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'm freezing cold waiting for the 101 bus hoping that's it's going to be a nice warm coach. Instead it's an ice cold shitbox of a double decker with no headrests on the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I call my cat buddy. Sometimes I also accidentally call my husband buddy. He's not happy when that happens.

TA - I moved house last year and am finally getting around to changing doctors to a more local one. Call the new doctor's office to enquire, print off the form and hand deliver it to the new surgery, get a call from a nurse telling me there's actually a different form I needed to complete, can I call in and pick it up? When I go to pick it up though, a different receptionist tells me there's a moratorium on switching GP's in Belfast until the 1st March, its been in place for quite some time and they can't take my application. So how come the 3 previous people I spoke to couldn't tell me that? What a fcuking massive waste of time. Doesn't fill me with confidence about this new surgery either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve to go to the bank re: closing an account.

one of the reasons I hate this shower in this bank is because when you go in, no matter time, day etc… there is 90% of the time, one sole staff member manning the public counter…. Might get lucky and be behind a couple of people only, but last time I’m there I’m number 6 or 7…. The majority of people who go to a bank spend by my reckoning from 3-5 minutes doing whatever they need to.

so even if the average transaction is 3 or so minutes ( it’s probably more), you could be around 20 minutes waiting in a queue..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It is fcuking 2pm and I can't get into the kitchen to make my lunch because my dad is only having his BREAKFAST.

Keep an eye on the news, folks, it's only a matter of time before I finally crack and strangle the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

TA'ed at my mum who sets all the clocks in her house about 15 minutes fast - her logic being that this will help/motivate her to not be late for things by making her get ready 15 minutes earlier. The thing is, it typically has the reverse effect where she looks at the clock, momentarily realises she has 15 more minutes than she thought she did by subtracting 15 minutes from the time displayed and then relaxes as a result - and usually ends up being late in the process! There have been numerous occasions where visitors to the house get slightly confused when they look at the time and it has to be explained to them that the clock is running a little fast (without actually pointing out that all the clocks have been deliberately set this way). I have tried multiple times to explain the flaw in her logic - why not just set all the clocks to the right time and be punctual - no mental arithmetic gymnastics required!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I bought a dairy milk orange mousse chocolate bunny thing earlier and put it in the wrong pocket (inside coat, zipped up, quite warm in there).

The thing I unwrapped looked like it had just crawled straight out of hell and had definitely died in painful circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The total inability of women of a certain age to just not answer phone calls. You could literally be mid-sentence with my mother and if her phone rings, she has to answer it.

I was out for lunch earlier (gave up waiting on my dad to finish in the kitchen) and two women of a similar vintage were in the middle of their lunch, having a great natter and then one's phone rang and she immediately answered it and had an entire (completely non-urgent) conversation. YOU ARE LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF A MEAL OUT WITH YOUR FRIEND, JUST RING THEM BACK.

It's just so incredibly, insufferably rude. I've tried to explain to my mother time and again that doing it says - very clearly - to the person you're talking to "This other person's time and conversation is more important to me than yours", but she literally just doesn't get it. In her head, it's ruder to ignore the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got new glasses today. The old ones came in a hard case that made a satisfying noise when snapped shut.

The new case is softer and more flimsy. I usually keep the second pair on the passenger seat of my car. This new case is sliding all over the place and fell onto the floor when I swung a left.

Everything hurts this morning. The carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand is playing up. The area where I broke my hand five years decided to become sore again. My old sciatica symptoms are playing up, and the metatarsal right below the second toe in my right foot is on fire. The doc reckons I have a stress fracture there so I gotta go for an x-ray. All I want to do is just crawl back into bed and stay there for the rest of the day but I have to work and then get the train to Limerick afterwards. I think I shoulda pulled a sickie this morning 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The rigmarole of sending out wedding invites. So many specific TAs.

My father (whose side I happen to have the most cousins in): why aren't you inviting 'cousin x?'.

'Well, I went to school with cousin x, but since then they have turned into a complete snob, didn't invite me to their wedding and live abroad anyway'.

Of course, my mother makes sure to ask the awkward questions about who is or isn't invited in front of him.

My OH's insistence that every one-person invitee, even those single their whole lives or widowed, must get a plus one. The odds of them suddenly coupling up between now and then is miniscule, and I'd like the provisional table to be as accurate as possible and not include any mystical 'plus ones'.

She also wants to post invitations out to relations in Australia and America who already said they definitely aren't going. Whatsapping a picture of the invite not suffice no?

Grrrr. Needless annoyances for what amounts to one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I like animals and I totally understand the connection people can have to pets but I saw someone referring to their dog as a "canine son" which is just absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I went grey very early in life, doesnt even cross my mind now.

But ppl who see it as an indication of age tend to talk to me in a particular tone, which shows they consider me "older" but then are shocked when I say stuff they don't know., shocked that I do.

Ta, all of the above.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Stupid songs that make no sense. Apparently it was by a fella called 'Example' and song was called '10 million people'.

But this loosely termed singer kept half talking and repeating ‘10 million people can’t be wrong!’ In that half talking half singing style. With lashings of autotune. Awful song. I have no idea what the 10 million people were not wrong about

It really annoyed me not because it was such a bad song, it made no sense statistically. There is over 7.88 Billion people in the world for a start. 10 million people is minute in that context. Is a tiny percentage of the world 0.14% of people which statistically of course could be wrong.

There are over 11.5 million people imprisoned worldwide. Is it just 10 million of those who are not wrong or what is the craic?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So I went in, luckily nobody ahead of me, nobody in the bank at all. However….both counters have the blinds pulled down… it’s 2.45 pm and I’m completely flummoxed… the door of the bank, it is open, I’ve walked in but nobody is at home. I can hear music, talking and giggling so there are people in situ, somewhere… after 5 minutes standing around a dapper manager appears all cheerful with a mouth full of food and he proceeds to wipe the residue from his chin… he stands behind an unprotected plywood desk in the lobby of the bank as if it were Jimmys sweet shop and begins to conduct the business with me…. Luckily he has knowledge of what he needs to be at in terms of one to one customer services and in fairness is efficient but a weird experience for a bank none the less.

the particular bank are pulling out of Ireland and evidently in party mood already. 😶‍🌫️😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm in the office but have no milk to have tea and I'm falling asleep. I'm refusing to go to Starbucks across the road for a feckin cup of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If it makes you feel any better, same bank wrote a Freudian letter to my mother once when she complained about they overcharged her something. It started with Thank you for your patience and then the went onto say "I would not like to apologise for the fees that were charged to you in error." I posted the letter posted on the internet and few days later got a call from the same Branch Manager asking for the letter to be taken down as it was causing his terrible grief at work etc. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You, SIr, are a HERO and deserve a medal! I mean it... ((HUGS))

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Compared to those above, trvial indeed.

That I have to leave my snug bed for ...various reasons as I have spent an hour getting warm on a bitter monring... Too hungry..need the bathroom...

Feels like jumping into a cold pool....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Again, ppl going on t'internet to ask advice about an issue they're having & when the responses don't suit, end up getting thick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to get a few days away after mothers day, had a specific midland town in mind as its a central point for ppl I don't see much to visit from.

The dates I needed were hard to find but it was available in two places, one was €150+pn, insisted on full payment 48 hours ahead of arrival and if I cancelled they would take the full(in this case 3 nights) amount due.

I know hospitality well and I understand what is going on BUT cop on! its a nice hotel in a midlands town not NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My back and feet are fecked after being at an all standing concert tonight. I'd still class myself as a young wan but God, this doesn't bode well for me in old age if I can't stand for a few hours at this stage in life 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How clothes look better on the model than yourself!

People saying all over the place I keep on hearing it...'youre my person'...makes me sick 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The wife is on a health buzz recently... stocking up on skim milk...i ran out of whole fat milk yesterday and forgot to get more so i went for the skimmed on my corn flakes this morning....

I would have been as well off putting tap water in....terrible stuff....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Skim milk taste like watered down milk, it's absolute shite

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I had a friend who did that.

Leave me sitting like a tulip while she had a long conversation with whoever happened to ring her when we were having lunch/ dinner together. She was a really polite person except when it came to her blasted phone. Aaaaargh.

If there's an emergency, call off the lunch/ dinner. If there's no emergency, switch the damn thing off or to silent for a few hours.

Ah thanks very much, although I'd hardly call myself a hero 😅 I'd pull a sickie for a few days to rest up my foot although I can't really afford the €60 GP fee at present. I'm just soldiering on with some Tylex painkillers and Difene. I work in a hospital so luckily I was seen pretty quickly on Friday afternoon for an X-ray which showed up something knobby on my metatarsal bone. It could possibly be a cyst. I'll know more when the radiology doc looks at it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Never heard that one, but it would annoy me. In fact it has annoyed me just reading it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement