Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I play ' words with friends ' and the word strength indicator has gone /changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Ta'd at self-important people who park in front of your driveway & then when you ask them to move their car/van so you can get out, they get annoyed & look at you as if you're raving.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,412 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    When my brother needs a GP appointment he always says he has to get past the Rottweiler on the desk first !!!

We might have the same GP, the docs are super but her on the desk, an auld prick....

Last time she asked me on the phone..

Her : “what sort of appointment ?”...

Me : “erm just a general consultation to get a check up and to enquire after test results from eight months ago that I haven’t heard back on ”

Her : “ we’ll hold on a moment, what month exactly were the tests carried out and where ? when did you last see Dr. M, let me see... “

Me : “ that’s zip to do with you, I’m not ringing to be interrogated or negotiate an appointment with Dr. M I’m ringing to BOOK an appointment, usually a 30 second process when your competent colleague answers the phone ( the truth) , what is your excuse ?

Her : “Well its a very busy surgery and.... “

Me : “that’s because you have accepted too many patients for one, not my issue , secondly I NEED and WANT an appointment, if it’s not booked, confirmed, sorry Noreen isn’t it, yes I recognize you, Noreen I’ll be contacting the Irish Medical Council with a verbatim detail of this interaction and the record will show that you refused a long time patient with a medical condition the access to their GP...”

I see my GP once every 2 years maybe on average and I have to accept this crap, she be a rude bint when you arrive to check in, a face on her like somebody suffering from terminal constipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Sinead O Connor, the theatrical narcissist who loves telling the world she is suicidal but likes attention too much to actually kill herself, popping up all over the media with the latest "fascinating" update to her life. Who cares? Who out there actually cares about her life? Id be amazed if its more than single digits. She is a disgrace to people who genuinely suffer from mental health issues.
    Any time she was on the Late Late Show talking about how suicidal she was, she always had a keen eye for the camera, she is so insincere its nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People not keeping their dogs on leads but apparently "it's okay they are friendly"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Strange to see some people dressed so warmly in such hot weather. I saw a guy in a thick wooly cap and heavy fleece zipped right up. He looked like somebody who was going for a walk on a frosty day in Winter :confused:

During the extreme heatwave a few years ago I saw a lady wearing one of those full length puffer jackets nearly down to her ankles while everyone else around her was sweating buckets in shorts and t-shirts.
    I know everyonr has a different tolerance to heat and cold but that is taking the mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Strange to see some people dressed so warmly in such hot weather. I saw a guy in a thick wooly cap and heavy fleece zipped right up. He looked like somebody who was going for a walk on a frosty day in Winter :confused:

During the extreme heatwave a few years ago I saw a lady wearing one of those full length puffer jackets nearly down to her ankles while everyone else around her was sweating buckets in shorts and t-shirts.
    I know everyonr has a different tolerance to heat and cold but that is taking the mickey.

It’s the opposite in winter when you see heavy set guys walking around in cargo shorts and metaller T-shirt’s.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It’s the opposite in winter when you see heavy set guys walking around in cargo shorts and metaller T-shirt’s.

And flip flops.

I remember having quite the battle of wills with the then toddler a couple of years ago. It was one of those January days with sleety hail falling....child didn't want to wear whatever warm shoes and jkt I was trying to get them into.

Arrive at the creche one of the dad's shorts and flip-flops...well the look the toddler gave me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That could've been me, TBH, I'm freezing most of the time Provided she wasn't forcing everyone else to wear the same things, I don't see that as an issue. It could be caused by a health problem, too.

Genuine question: why would you find it annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

I go round in hoodies, heavy coats etc all year round because I have aspergers (its a sensory issue). Sometimes get looks from people or comments about it, drives me insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That could be my wife. She has one of those full length down coats. She took it to Singapore because she thought she'd be cold on the plane - she wore it the whole way.
    The temperature she feels seems to have no relationship with the ambient temperature.
    She was always cold.

Last few years, she's always hot, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

New Home wrote: »
    That could've been me, TBH, I'm freezing most of the time Provided she wasn't forcing everyone else to wear the same things, I don't see that as an issue. It could be caused by a health problem, too.

Genuine question: why would you find it annoying?
    Not annoying more curious. If I wore what they had on in that weather I would probably collapse from the heat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not annoying more curious. If I wore what they had on in that weather I would probably collapse from the heat.
    That's fair enough, so. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

PsychoPete wrote: »
    People not keeping their dogs on leads but apparently "it's okay they are friendly"

Encountered one of those types yesterday.

Their dog apparently didn't like my umbrella (or so they said :rolleyes:) and that is why it came snapping and snarling at me, in the local park...where dogs are supposed to be kept on leads.

I had to stop walking and actually ask them to get the dog away from me. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tight fückers offering pittances for stuff you're trying to sell online as if they're doing you a favour.

Was selling a dog cage for about half the retail price and someone wanted even more off.
    Wanted to meet somewhere half way even though it's only another 15 mins drive to drive the rest of the ways.
    Do you want a free dog with it too?
    I copped on to that sh1t ages ago. I don't even reply to those engagements anymore.
    I've posted about similar experiences here before.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

All ready to sit outside for the afternoon. I had to come in, my hands were freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

A group of people feeding biscuits to the animals at the pet farm I visited today. :mad: And not just leftovers, they were making a concerted effort to feed them to various animals to lure them over to them. A good handful of people doing that a day could mess up the animals’ diets. It’s different from people giving them handfuls of grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Got bit by something when I took the dog out for a tiny trot. Why must I be the one that critters feast on? I had a bad reaction to two bites within as many days last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A group of people feeding biscuits to the animals at the pet farm I visited today. :mad: And not just leftovers, they were making a concerted effort to feed them to various animals to lure them over to them. A good handful of people doing that a day could mess up the animals’ diets. It’s different from people giving them handfuls of grass.

There's a bird sanctuary in Cork City with signs everywhere asking people to not feed bread to the birds - to feed either vegetables or seeds to them.
    I've never gone there and not seen people feeding bread to the birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

not a good day for vertigo - could someone stop the spinning, puleeeeeaze!

• Advertisement

Reminds me of the bastards that fed a hippo in Dublin zoo a tennis ball which killed her. And the bastards that fed a tennis ball to a hippo causing it to die in Frankfurt zoo, and in Melbourne zoo, and in Sofia, and in India, etc. :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I copped on to that sh1t ages ago. I don't even reply to those engagements anymore.
    I've posted about similar experiences here before.

I find the reviews useful for filtering, anyone without a reasonably clean record I just ignore.

When car boots were a thing, the worst lads to spend a bob were the auld retired farmer types.
    Never came with enough cash...or more likely pretended to, proferring pocketfuls of shrapnel and brown coins, fighting over a euro, tyre kicking... pawing stuff...poking things with walking sticks.. yakking for half an hour and coming away without buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Deja Boo wrote: »
    not a good day for vertigo - could someone stop the spinning, puleeeeeaze!

Have you tried the Eppley Manouver ? My husband gets vertigo and it works every time for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got surprised today by a very unexpected toll booth in the middle of Meath, on an onramp to the M3. Normally when I'm using tolls, I'm prepared with a cup holder full of change so no bother, but today I only had a twenty euro note.

Pulled up and the coin basket is in the normal place. The slot where you put a note in, which I'd never needed or noticed before, is about seven feet up on the top right of the machine. I noticed the credit card slot is about six feet high on the top left. Then all of your change comes out in a slot about three feet below ground level directly below your elbow. And if you think of opening the car door to get better reach, think again because there is a concrete lip at the side of the car to stop you doing that.

2.90 for 8km of motorway and a dislocated shoulder.

Have you tried the Eppley Manouver ? My husband gets vertigo and it works every time for him

No, I just googled it and shall (gulp) try (the sudden movements sound dizzy-inducing) .... but if it works, awesome! thanks iam :)

No, I just googled it and shall (gulp) try (the sudden movements sound dizzy-inducing) .... but if it works, awesome! thanks iam :)

It really works . We use this video and he lies on the bed , head at foot end

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llvUbxEoadQ

Thaank you iam, I shall watch it now :)

Thaank you iam, I shall watch it now :)

Really hope it works for you . Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That Epley manoeuvre only works for certain kinds of vertigo (BPPV),not vertigo of other origins…(but good luck)

• Advertisement

jojofizzio wrote: »
    That Epley manoeuvre only works for certain kinds of vertigo (BPPV),not vertigo of other origins…(but good luck)

Yes he mentioned it in the video . Its worth a shot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement