Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Bus and train drivers who turn off the heating long before they arrive at the destination 🥶

It is what it's.

I spent a day with someone where we pretty much just sat around and watched telly. At one point, she washed the dishes. Her husband came home and after a while, she commented "I've been cleaning all day [turns and looks at me], haven't I?"

All I could do was widen my eyes. It's not the first time I've picked up on her fluffing the truth a bit, but this was very much the first time I realised she actively believes the stuff she makes up. Worse still, roping other people into her lies. Fûck that. So I've now categorised her as wholly untrustworthy in anything she says; basically my diplomatic way of saying she's a full-time bullshitter.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That should read "Not even if you have money can you guarantee to be seen in a timely fashion". Unfortunately.

Clicking on any of these justs lists a bunch of films on various channels. Generally oft-repeated "blockbusters". Snewz.

It is what it's.

"Carbon neutral" companies basically just pay a fund to receive that accolade. Much like the logo that looks like a recycling logo but isn't - the producer pays for the badge.

https://waste4change.com/blog/various-world-recycling-logos-and-their-meanings/

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Dunnes money-off vouchers being bloody useless with the crazy amount of stuff that's out of stock on a regular basis. I left my trolley behind and went elsewhere 'cos I just for so annoyed.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No chopped lettuce in Tesco all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Accidentally got up far too early today and now am ready for sleep again.. noon!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This modern life weird and grim concept that some people are embracing… just in order to get a reaction out of another person…. annoy them, rile them but also in particular to court attention…. Attention seeking…

ive a quite elderly family member at this the last 3 or so years, maybe it’s pandemic restriction syndrome, but he has heads absolutely melted….to the point that people are organising events and not considering him… I thought this was frighteningly rude, family is family but after yesterday, it’s impossible, he’s impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Blokes (and it's only ever blokes) who drive around with their hoods up. Congratulations, dude, you've just effectively blinkered yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you've said "what" for the second time and you still haven't a clue what the person said so you pretend you know what they said

Marcus Rashford…. How in the world of thundering fûck is this guy considered an international class footballer ? Misses an absolute sitter, miss of the season Vs Liverpool, his effort is akin to a timid pass back, from his miss enabling the subsequent attack.. Liverpool go 1-0 up. 3-0 now 😅

looking at his tweets, someone has obviously had a word a told him to ninja his woke bollocksolgy, and stop insulting the supporters, obviously considering for months he’s now only talking about football, sport and his family… be nice if he could be shipped off to Bolivia for a permanent break from Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fickle, fair weather, so-called “fans” who leave games early because the team they’re supposed to support are losing.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Should be able to thank yourself. Self love is important.

Nought wrong with a bit of passion, even if it was OTT. My TA is …A few of the others showed similar aggression. and intensity it might not have been such a derisory lazy one sided shîtshow by United….

Second TA my neighbour has had a sale agreed sign up since December… but no sign of them departing… can’t fathom how you’d agree to sell a property and 3 months plus later still be there. Hopefully they fûck off into oblivion soon, running an in person client business ( crèche with multiple kids attending, downstairs of house was physically transformed to a business ) from home which no planning was sought for, and their paying customers parking en masse blocking drives, other private parking too…get to fûck, good riddance and good luck… soon please, thanks.

sale agreed ? Sale done ! Get, it done… always been a kind, courteous and nice vibe about the area, people helping each other and respectful of space, and peoples property… then this….^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I possess a deep hatred for these people. Was on the sugarloaf yesterday and saw four bags of dogshoite left by the asshole owners for someone else to dispose off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Made a right tit of myself in Tesco today. I was at the self checkout and went to pay. I realised I had left my wallet at home. Decided to use Google pay on my phone instead. No matter what I did it wouldn't accept it. It was a card only machine but I asked a staff member if it was possible to pay with cash. She said I would have to use a different machine that takes cash and start again. She asked what was wrong and I explained it wouldn't accept google pay on my phone. She took the phone off me and held the back of the phone against the card reader. It accepted it immediately. She left me feeling like a right useless idiot.

Did you wake the phone up? Was the screen lit up?

I have to wake the phone up to use Google pay. It will work whatever way it's facing. Front or back. But it doesn't work until I wake it up. Just awake not unlocked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I would normally 100% agree with you but I would fogive any Man Utd fan today

LOLs 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Sale agreed doesn’t mean anything really. Just that an offer has been accepted. Loads of red tape to navigate before sold sign appears. I’ve seen a few sale agreed signs being replaced with the For Sale again, getting more common lately.

True, we’ll see, :)

friend over in Yorkshire diagnosed with cancer only a few weeks back. Was talking to him, upbeat as fûck, cracking jokes. Bemoaning jokingly having to give up the gargle during treatment . Lovely lad, brilliant company and hands down as genuine a lad as I’ve met in my life…he was looking forward as much as you can to starting treatment… he posted a photo earlier on Facebook though and he looks like he’s lost about 15 kilograms in double quick time, now has had a tracheostomy / breathing tube and pale as fück. I’m no medical person but I’m seriously hoping looks are deceiving…

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

When someone says "enjoy your days off" not knowing that it'll be a grim few days but it'd take too much effort to explain to them so you end up annoyed at yourself.. Know what I mean?. Anyone?.

So TA is me basically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Hearing drunken Liverpool fans bellowing "walk on......walk on.....and you'll never walk alone" in the pub when Liverpool win a match.

Grinds my gears.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I once agreed a sale on a house in February and had to pull out after 6 months of waiting because the sellers just faffed about buying a further house. It was so frustrating.

TA for today I cannot warm up, even with a scarf and a cat on me and the heating on.

People who cannot be on time, a particular family member …. You’d one thing to do… leave the fûcking house and arrive at the bus stop before 11.30… to get the 11.30 bus. But as with this person for years, and years and it’s been said to them multiple times without impacting a change in behaviour or mindset…they are always vulnerable to getting side tracked, distracted or waylaid… answering ringing phones, finding something to do…. Stopping to converse with a neighbour and being too polite to say ‘ I really need to head off for the bus ‘ Whatever….

walking out the door on time when having to go somewhere, leaving in good time is of a critical essence…to get to places on time and not inconvenience others…not have others waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Primary school parents complaining over WhatsApp that the teacher hasn’t given any homework.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Jasus. Hamster wheel starting earlier and earlier now. The quarter life crisis is going to become a lot more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Man walks jnto my office. Without question this cretin hasn't washed in this calender year. The **** smell of salt that has gathered under his arm pits and around his stinking hole is beyond belief.

I had to open doors and windows to get the smell out. And it's cold today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yes. People assume if you take time off that you're going to the Carribbean or something. Then you have the same crap when you return to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement