Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I’m a stickler for punctuality and will get stressed out if I’m delayed and would always text the person I’m meeting to let them know if I will be late. It’s just manners.

My OH, on the other hand... he’s never on time for anything, no matter how many years I’ve tried to get him to hurry up when we are getting ready to go out. 😑🙄😤😏

At this stage I’ve just resigned to him never changing on that score. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I read an online profile and thought they were perfect. I then realised I was reading my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Health care system is run so badly, definitely understaffed

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

It's possible I've raised this one before, but if I have then it continues to annoy. When people spend time typing in questions to internet forums/sites that would easily have been answered by typing in the exact same question (or even just a few keywords) into to a search engine. I would have thought that over the years we've become more rather than less tech savvy and one of the first ports of call (if not THE first) when trying to find the answer to something is a search engine. But there seems to be a stubborn cohort who would rather be spoonfed the answers by others - over and over - wasting their time in the process. There has been many a time where I've been sorely tempted to respond to them in an attempt to help educate them (give someone a fish vs teach someone to fish), but I usually manage to bite my tongue (as they'd just be wasting my time) and for everyone you attempt to educate, there'll always be another 5 to replace them. Maddening!

Post edited by AxleAddict on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Habitual lateness is a HUGE bugbear of mine and one of the reasons I'm convinced I'm the milkman's because my entire family are disastrous. It's just so, so fcuking rude.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My eyes are driving me mad... they insist on ...closing all the time.... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwn.... Been up since 4 in the morning so maybe... Gnight!

Yeah - problem is, I don't know if everyone would take the hint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

We had a new starter on our office team today. Nice chap, I was chatting to him for a while.

Our manager kept the poor lad from his 9am start until 7pm. We are not saving lives here, it is office administration tasks and there is no reason for this especially on their first day. So he did at least 2 hours unpaid on his first day. He is agency staff so the company does not pay for overtime. Sure the managers stay late every day but that is no way to treat someone on his first day. He is probably gone home cursing us all!

She also took him to the canteen on his first day but she left him there alone and returned to eat at her desk. Pure ignorance. I couldn't sit with him as I had gone on early lunch.

We had a ridiculous turnover in 2022 of people joining and quitting within weeks. I see nothing has been learned by our esteemed and glorious management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Head Cold ... feeling like crap

plus the extra ....is it Covid .. concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I Have a couple of guinness 0% in the fridge. God they’re rank !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA that they don't seem to have the same Conn O'Mara mug in stock and I probably won't be in Clifden until the summer, so I'm getting one on these instead 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, I see this on local Facebook pages.

What time does Tesco open/ close? Anyone know what pharmacies are open today? And so on. Oh and it's very important to add in lots of unnecessary punctuation in order to ask these stupid questions that they could easily look up for themselves.

?????? and !!!!!!!!!! 🤣

If someone spoon feeds the answer, they get thanks. Anyone providing a link to answer the questions gets ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

"Any local taxis available?" On a local FB page that's littered with local taxi ad's 🙄

Super TA'd. Went to bank to use self service, not working. Queue of customers, staff floating around not engaging, when asked to lodge money "sorry, there's no cash desk". Met with a blank face when asked when we might be able to use services, told to try later. It's gone to hell altogether!

When someone sends you a text and then, because they don't get an immediate answer, they ring you about 5 minutes later asking 'did you get my text?'. So needy....!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Want to go out for lunch but NOWHERE around me opens on a Monday or Tuesday anymore.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My own eyelids.

When it's cold and sunny my eyes get a bit teary, I guess I unconsciously wipe them with my hand and the my eyelids get dry skin or something. Meaning my eyelids are irritated at me?. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Two Ta's today

Twitter notifying me about a log in after I log in.

Just off antibiots for an allergy/sinus infection, I arrive home from work(10 hour shift) and he goes out to cut the grass(am very sensitive to grass pollen) he's had ten hours to cut the grass and has been up since 5am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

For the past couple of months I've had irritated dry skin on my eyelids. Nothing seems to be dealing with it, no obvious source. Very TA'ing!

Extra TA - my stupid dentist was right about the stupid inter-dental brushes being better for my teeth. Bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Banks here, behaved ridiculously incompetently over the last two decades.

Central Bank are supposed to regulate them but even on their website you can tell that they don’t have much or any interest at all in regulating any aspect of in person consumer banking…

I think people are going to have to start kicking up if they want what they are entitled to.

Watching Chelsea vs Borussia Dortmund, entertaining affair but the absolute spanner of a ref. He’s booked one Dortmund player for time wasting 😅 but ignored the multiple Chelsea challenges, players sliding in aggressively from behind and absolutely smashing Dortmund lads out of it…. About four Chelsea lads should be booked ffs…. Ref looks like he got off at the wrong bus stop and was handed a jersey and a whistle…

then he himself gives a peno using VAR , 20 views, player hands by his side, no movement towards the ball, not looking at the ball… but ‘deliberate handball’, apparently.…penalty justly gets missed, justice served, we think, but peno awarded again via VAR for encroaching, but Chelsea players encroaching too 😅🤷‍♂️ Also Havertz stops completely / pauses his run up which is not allowed, but VAR and referee ignore… this official(s) is a total moron…. Sports are just being ruined by incompetent, inconsistent, idiotic and emotional officials… reacting to situations, pressure, fans and the pressures of reacting seemingly decisively to uncertainty…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Pointless corporate communications. Not that I read any of them because I am notoriously bad for reading long emails but today, so far, I have received 4 separate in-company emails celebrating women’s day. That doesn’t include the personalised announcements in group channels which are even more annoying. Surely one email would be enough?

”Being a husband and a father of a little girl days like today are really important to me”. That’s nice, but **** off and tell your family then and stop distracting us all with your ****.

Let’s see how many more emails I can delete today and what the next great cause will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Have you tried washing your eyes with Johnsons baby shampoo ? I suffered with blepheritis and a doctor told me to put baby shampoo in a sink full of water and use a clean white face cloth and litterly wash your eye lids and eye lashes .It cured me and I do it religiously now

Bought a new electric beard trimmer… I plug it in to charge it and on reading the charging instructions..

“to charge from empty to fully charged takes approximately 8 continuous hours” 😵‍💫

”do not leave the beard trimmer unattended while charging, do not unplug it.”

so I’m to spend 8 hours sat beside a fûcking beard trimmer 👀 Erm, in case I want my dinner, to take a shower, take a pîss I’m to ………what exactly ?

I know they are just covering their arse but in what fûcking day and age does a small electric 7x2 inch trimmer require charging for a third of a day just to be useable..

its been charging for 4 hours…. I’ve only been with it for 2 hours while I’m watching the match, now I gotta eat 😅…. The worry 😳😵‍💫

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stick a baby monitor beside it. :pac:

My major TA is anything that requires multiple batteries, i.e., greater than 2, especially if in odd numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Poxy site format won't let me properly delete a comment I made while I was in a dreadful mood

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

I was just scrolling around TikTok, happened on a live, a stunning looking girl maybe 26-28 years old talking about her love of tattoos and ‘wanting’ to become a tattoo artist.

but the mad fûck as she’s talking is giving herself a tattoo. The tattoo is simply a thick, not quite straight line drawn from underneath her chin, down her throat and down her sternum.

she is speaking clearly, lucidly, intelligibly and calmly. There are no signs of substance abuse use or background coercion.

but why ? The comments in fairness, considering its TikTok , are between… “WTF ARE YOU DOING TO YOURSELF !!!” Type horror reaction to… “OMG, GET HER SOME HELP, STOP”….. it’s a genuine tattoo gun and the camera and lighting is of significant quality to show it’s not a ready up for effect…

Just mad… 🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Gently brushed the elbow of my jacket against the stove last night, and in that time it melted onto the glass face, almost burning a hole entirely through it and leaving a 'burnt fabric' smell in the room

The damage is in a spot you wouldn't ordinarily notice, and I'm not someone who throws out clothes with slight flaws in them, but still a TA. I liked that jacket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement