Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Really hope it works for you . Good luck
    It actually feels a little better after doing it, thanks iam! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Deja Boo wrote: »
    It actually feels a little better after doing it, thanks iam! :)

Brilliant . You can do it again in a few hours then again in the morning . Good luck

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/home-epley-maneuver?amp=true

You may find it helpful to watch a video of the home Epley maneuver first. Or read a brochure with pictures.

Your healthcare provider will tell how often to do this procedure. He or she may ask you to do it 3 times a day until your symptoms have been gone for 24 hours. Your healthcare provider will also tell if your right or left ear is causing your symptoms.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Brilliant . You can do it again in a few hours then again in the morning . Good luck

sounds perfect :) cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

My neighbours rooster. I don't think they are ideal for living in an estate!!

I'll trade you one rooster for my cackling neighbour who sounds like a rooster and sits on our shared landing cock-a-doodle-dooing most of the day. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I'll trade you one rooster for my cackling neighbour who sounds like a rooster and sits on our shared landing cock-a-doodle-dooing most of the day. ;)

Think I will pass, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mid-year self assessment is due... yay....

fd64613dc7150a37089e58e6f709c25f.png

Not sure how I managed to pour an entire cuppa coffee down me blouse. ...jest not my day

:rolleyes:

...but things are looking up, the dizziness is subsiding (ta iam)... now, if only the coffee would land in my mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Irish people in sport in particular who say ‘learnings’. Who started that craic? Did some fella go on a course in America? It just sounds ridiculous in an Irish accent.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Outside = lovely morning, sunny and warm
    Inside = freezing, feel like I need a fleece and woolly socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish people in sport in particular who say ‘learnings’. Who started that craic? Did some fella go on a course in America? It just sounds ridiculous in an Irish accent.

Just another example of corporate speak, makes people think they sound more intelligent than they really are when they drop a few boardroom bingo clichés in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Just another example of corporate speak, makes people think they sound more intelligent than they really are when they drop a few boardroom bingo clichés in.

Hate them. I try my best to avoid them and have developed a habit of checking all my emails before I send them to remove any that have slipped in. :D Particular hatred for providing "comfort".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Antares35 wrote: »
    Hate them. I try my best to avoid them and have developed a habit of checking all my emails before I send them to remove any that have slipped in. :D Particular hatred for providing "comfort".

I noticed groups quickly start using the same lingo in work environments not to mention the abbreviations used. New members generally have no idea what some offices/work environments are on about. Then suddenly they are forced to use the same phrases to fit in 'going forwards', 'in relation to that'.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I spend ages pulling up an online map for where they is going tomorrow,
    They wander off and have lunch, now they are confused about why I'm annoyed they didn't wait to see the map.

TA2, that I'll spend ages tom trapped in a car with them when they drive round and round cause they didn't see the map when I found it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bredabe wrote: »
    I spend ages pulling up an online map for where they is going tomorrow,
    They wander off and have lunch, now they are confused about why I'm annoyed they didn't wait to see the map.

TA2, that I'll spend ages tom trapped in a car with them when they drive round and round cause they didn't see the map when I found it.

Who?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

I wish at times I lived in a house/apartment not near to anyone. Have loads of clothes washing to do, can't do it now as I'll probably wake up the tenats in the building/management wouldn't be happy as would be out of hours. Will have to wait until the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I noticed groups quickly start using the same lingo in work environments not to mention the abbreviations used. New members generally have no idea what some offices/work environments are on about. Then suddenly they are forced to use the same phrases to fit in 'going forwards', 'in relation to that'.

This shyte started on the West Coast US (no surprises there) and got to a point where no one knew wtf anyone was talking about. Just pretend to understand, nod, and respond in kind so as not to look stupid.
    Now they have to run courses on how to weed this largely meaningless babble out.

TA I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Grrr

Ok I always wake up on the wrong side of the bed but today I was waaaaay on the wrong side.

And to add insult to injury I have that stupid Meredith Brooks song "*****" stuck in my head. My brain always changes the first line from 'I hate the world today' to 'I hate myself today' which while not entirely untrue is most unhealthy to be singing at myself all day long. I might have to resort to singing the unmentionable infant sea creature song just to get rid of it. Sigh, it's gonna be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,412 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

TA’d ... because I got no sleep, like zero... my outdoor exercise class is in two hours... body says ‘go, ok’, brain is a little non committal...

There is a family member who I care about deeply but in truth has turned into an absolute melt because of covid and had been stressing all of us out with their behaviors .... I feel sorry for them, pretty much like everyone their social avenues have been extinguished and they miss people and stuff but their behavior has just been a stress fest... they are now fully vaccinated but living with others who are not, yet... chomping at the bit to go see xyz person, been spotted yapping the heads off people down outside the church, the park... not in the slightest bit concerned ‘ ahhh but we were keeping our distance ‘ .... not exactly from what I’ve been seeing dude...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Grrr

Ok I always wake up on the wrong side of the bed but today I was waaaaay on the wrong side.

And to add insult to injury I have that stupid Meredith Brooks song "*****" stuck in my head. My brain always changes the first line from 'I hate the world today' to 'I hate myself today' which while not entirely untrue is most unhealthy to be singing at myself all day long. I might have to resort to singing the unmentionable infant sea creature song just to get rid of it. Sigh, it's gonna be a long day.
    DON'T!!! Sing this instead. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

^^^
    That song is a proven ear worm eliminator.

TA I have a day off but the painter is here so I have to make myself scarce.
    Ok I admit it’s good he’s here but I wanted to potter around the house.

When you're joining a Teams meeting with a ton of people already in it, Teams very cleverly mutes your microphone as a matter of course. So for you to join a meeting half way through with 40 people already in it, with your microphone unmuted so we can hear you pottering around your house, that means you had to actively UNMUTE yourself before you joined. Why do you think anyone wants to hear your dishwasher and kettle in the middle of a meeting? I can't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I normally get blueberries every week in my local supermarket but they're very hit and miss lately. Last week's ones were too sour and this week's ones taste like feet.

Google have been asking for my birthday for months now. I finally snapped and told them it's 1/1/1900. I'm now 121 years old. That certainly feels true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

My TA of the day is thinking of a TA when I'm out and about, waiting till I get back on the laptop, opening the TA thread... and blanking :pac:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I normally get blueberries every week in my local supermarket but they're very hit and miss lately. Last week's ones were too sour and this week's ones taste like feet.

Try Aldi...Get them twice a week and always good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Same as the grapes and pears I got , threw most of them. Completely rotten on the underside and taste off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH needs to change GP since moving house. It's over a week since he requested his records transfer. Asked if he called them yet - "no, I emailed. That's what they said to do". Ok but it's been a week and your lungs aren't working properly, why have you not rang and lifted them out of it? TA people who can't stand up for themselves. I'm not adulting for him as well as me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The plumber said he would be here at 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

A house I lived in before the Filipinos a few doors down would have one to kill for some celebration so you would have one crowing for a few months and then silence...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement