Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My inability to sleep in my bed . Falling asleep on the sofa no problem , but making it to the bed , not so good .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The backs of my gloves that I was wearing in the garden, even though quite thick and tightly woven are not nettle proof.

When my sleeve moves up unnoticed, my arm is also not nettle proof.

TLDR Nettles 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I saw a bug.

I had to deal with said, big squirmy bug.

(ewhhhh)

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Just spent two hours preparing slides for a project presentation on Thursday. Trying to format a Word table properly onto PowerPoint was an absolute pain in the hoop!

Also, my useless buffoon of a GP still hasn't rang me with my MRI results despite getting the MRI done a week and a half ago, and I keep forgetting to ring him when I'm on break in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Had to check rip.ie again as needed to recheck arrangements for yet another neighbour…dropping like flies around here… but looking like rip.ie has been hacked and is throwing up a prompt to download a file…before you can do anything…

Thinking of a lot the older folks who won’t necessarily know that is a red flag…and will quite possibly fûck up their tablet or computer with the no doubt malware / virus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Every Irish ad on facebook now has people moaning about the price of the goods being advertised.

How much time do people have on their hands to be posting stupid comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

RTE/media need to call that out. rip.ie should be offline until that problem is fixed.

Anybody have a Twitter account to ping rte on this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I just logged on, no prompt

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes, it’s back working,but was looking suss.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Health Care professionals who make a fuss about punctuality, demand 24 hour notice of cancellation and then can't make the appointment on time themselves but expect you to sit like a lemon, uncomplaining, for 20 mins without any update, apology or explanation. There is NO excuse in this day and age to not update your next client re a possible delay. I get appointments run over, but how hard is it to get the receptionist to pass that on, or even get an automatic messaging app for when things run on? And don't think I'll be rescheduling with you after you get arsey with me for leaving after 20 mins of radio silence after I've tried phoning you twice to let you know I'm in the waiting room incase wires are crossed. You didn't even have your answer phone switched on! It shows a complete lack of respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Trying to do something there that requires a utility bill or bank statement but I've nothing.

Convince to go paperless and then make us jump through hoops to get anything done 🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

After wearing new black socks for the first time, the amount of cotton stuck to my feet when I took them off.

Probably could make another sock out of it 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Truffle-infused/flavoured anything. Smells like vomit. Actual truffles are fine but truffle oil/honey/anything is downright offensive and can get in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've a bit of a lazy eye and it can really show up in photos.

My optician told me Today if I wore an eye patch for a bit as a kid it probole wouldn't have happened.

I then asked at home about and was told.

One optician said I needed another didn't and didn't get it in the end.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

When it's freezing today after yesterday was promising summer !

Yep, bad socks really bring down one's quality of life for the sake of spending a bit more for decent ones.

Scrolling through phone on the jacks because real life is exhausting and it's the only private place in the house.

The Polish , Latvian girl in the shop who told me to use a basket instead of my shopping bag . Sure I will and when I’ve paid I’ll leave it on the counter for her to leave back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ran into same today trying to set up a bank account.They don't accept Credit Union Statements and Insurance docs online but they will accept them if you make appointment and bring them in.

TA last night needed to transfer money onto my Credit Union card and it took about 6 hours and multiple attempts to transfer before it finally worked at about 3am. I get message this morning at 10am saying that if I try to make multiple attempts at transferring money it can cause delays. Another member of the family had no issues with their account so it was a problem with my account on their system. If their system worked properly it wouldn't have happened, last month it was case of not being able to log in and it was not just me. This is the reason why I was trying to set up account with another bank.

Back to TA of poor service from Irish services.

People who are always on about health and fitness, how they are toned and they look down on people who aren't but they snort loads of cocaine and take every kind of weird supplement/steroid possible.

• Advertisement

When somebody gets or is going to get engagged.

Your happy for them but you know there's a long road ahead with meetings families, parties,etc.

Then the wedding it's self.

Whilst secretly hoping they'll elope.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

An extremely suitable typo - shut up already and get married or whatever

Grown adults who need another adult with them to do the most asinine things. Was in two different NCT centres this week and the amount of couples who seem to think bringing the car for a test is a two-person activity.

That it took me 3 trips to the shop before I got what i ewnt for, washing powder, liquid. The lassie in the shop , instead of saying goodbye, says see you later 😡

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Absolutely agree.

That nearly drove me insane altogether during lockdowns. My local Dunnes had announcements playing about 'shop on your own, where possible' and basically get in and get out asap.

I seldom went there that I didn't encounter Jack and Jill and sometimes the family too, sauntering slowly through the aisles. I remember one pair holding hands as though the freezer section in Dunnes was somehow romantic as they sauntered through at snail's pace.

Then long discussions over every product before it finally went into the trolley. Completely oblivious of course to others in the shop. Or that there was a queue outside hoping to maybe get in, sometime. 🙄

I became convinced that some (too many) people are actually incapable of doing a grocery shop alone. Saaaaaaaad.

Oh the family trips to the supermarket during lockdown drove me SPARE. Like, if it was one parent with young kids I used to say fair enough, they presumably have no childcare. But couples with the entire brood in tow - FCUK OFF!!! Leave the kids at home with your partner and get in and out as quick as you can like the rest of us.

Jesus, people are DOPES.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When the second poster in a thread quotes the first post.

Why?

Or when people sign off their posts with their usernames. It's OK, dude, we can already see it right there beside your post.

There was also a poster a few years back who started every single reply with "I have read your post". Well, yes, that's kind of the assumption we work on alright.

I got an email saying my package from Amazon will arrive on Saturday . I checked what it was and it’s a book called The Dream of the Celt . Except there’s a copy of the book sitting beside me already. Did I do a double order ?? I’ll find out on Saturday 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Because sometimes while you're writing a reply some other posts may have come in and yours looks like an out of context orphan 😁

It has happened to me and it's a TA

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement